• Resistance Beef + Pods or Ports or both 
  • That one guy trying to get Han or Rey to work

Republic

• Sinker Swarm
  • Republic 4 Ship 
  • Trip Ace ( 3x Jedi, or 2x + Ric )
  • Ani/Obi Nightmare 
Edited by Boom Owl

You're overestimating how varied the meta is now. Everything on that list that's built around small bases is completely unplayable in the face of double or triple Ensnare*. The Worlds meta is going to be double/triple Ensnare, and things that are good against double/triple Ensnare (such as possibly Kylo + Tavson + Upsi). Everything else is trash tier.

* when competently flown, so shut up with the "but I killed one after it decided to park in front of my list" stories. I see people kill Jedi with incompetent pilots all the time, yet no argues that makes them balanced. 

Edited by DR4CO

1 minute ago, DR4CO said:

You're overestimating how varied the meta is now. Everything on that list that's built around small bases is completely unplayable in the face of double or triple Ensnare*. The Worlds meta is going to be double/triple Ensnare, and things that are good against double/triple Ensnare (such as possibly Kylo + Tavson + Upsi). Everything else is trash tier.

* when competently flown, so shut up with your "but I killed one after it decided to park in front of my list" stories. I see people kill Jedi with incompetent pilots all the time, yet no argues that makes them balanced. 

I agree.

25 minutes ago, Boom Owl said:

Nah. Your mostly right about Ensnare and Jedi driving the majority of what shows up. List is just an inventory of what I think players are selecting from. 

*puts on tin foil hat*

you posted this so that this would be the majority of what you face in Swiss and you have the most experience/counters to these particular lists.

What are: 

The Phantom Menace

• Supernatural Guri + 
  • Snapshot Nightmare 
  • Leia Beef Historians
  • Some Ghost List 
  • Snapshot Nightmare 
  • A Luke Gunner List 
  • Ani/Obi Nightmare 

Also ppl, please stop naming lists Stuff+ Nightmare. Its not very informative of anything except your frustrations. Really there shouldn't be like 3-4 lists on there with "Nightmare" as the name. 

28 minutes ago, Blail Blerg said:

Also ppl, please stop naming lists Stuff+ Nightmare. Its not very informative of anything except your frustrations. Really there shouldn't be like 3-4 lists on there with "Nightmare" as the name. 

No.

Edited by Boom Owl

I think this seems like a good overview of the current meta. It is fun to see so many options for each faction that at least on paper appear viable.

That being said, the top players won't share their lists on this website. They likely have already made them and have been practicing furiously behind closed doors. They will likely have answers for most everything listed, and maybe will include unique variants of popular lists that cover things the lists normally can't. Don't get me wrong, I am by no way attempting to to place myself among those players (not even close lol) but even the few players I know that are going to Worlds have only dropped vague hints about what they are flying.

All that just to say I'm excited for worlds this year and can't wait to see what comes out of it. Kind of like back in 2013 when the game really took off and had the first huge turnout for Worlds and there were so many neat lists.

It's all fairly clear to me.

Thing= obvious thing that everyone uses. Hello Soontir and Wedge and Finn and Seevor and so on.

Trench Run= 3 obvious ships that everyone uses.

Nightmare= F**king horrible thing that robs you of all agency, so it doesn't really matter what it is, you're probably just screwed.

12 hours ago, DR4CO said:

Everything on that list that's built around small bases is completely unplayable in the face of double or triple Ensnare*.

This is an knee jerk over-reaction that the community is having to nantex fighters.   I haven't had any trouble beating them the handful of times I've played against them.  They are squishy and don't hit that hard, you just need to fly smart and be patient and wait until that trap springs and they park right in front of your list, then you vaporize it.  Same with jedi.  Easy.

Edited by AllWingsStandyingBy

17 hours ago, AllWingsStandyingBy said:

This is an knee jerk over-reaction that the community is having to nantex fighters.   I haven't had any trouble beating them the handful of times I've played against them.  They are squishy and don't hit that hard, you just need to fly smart and be patient and wait until that trap springs and they park right in front of your list, then you vaporize it.  Same with jedi.  Easy.

I wish I also had such poor quality opponents that all I had to do was wait for them to fly in front of me. I imagine it makes a lot of things seem really easy to fight.

Alas I am cursed with opponents who actually know what they're doing, so waiting for them to just give me the game isn't really an option. Must be nice, though.

Edited by DR4CO

12 minutes ago, AllWingsStandyingBy said:

This works until you’re in a cut.

15 minutes ago, AllWingsStandyingBy said:

Coming out of the shadows to say I seriously doubt you've played a capable player with the Nantex in their hands. Not taking anything away from you, but this just isn't the case when the Nantex is flown properly.

Nantex is definitely powerful. They also necessitate the use of Medium and Large base ships.

Honestly, a pretty clever way to make Scum JUST a little more relevant and try to get other large platforms out there. So long as Ensnare is a thing, small bases are a little more scared and large bases are allowed to be relevant.

I do not believe I hate that, to be honest. If tractors or ions are powerful, big bastards are a good counter.

It might finally be time for The Resistance's large base ships to come out to play. I see that as nothing but a genuinely good thing.