Sign in to follow this  
shamp

Foundry Question--Editing PDFs

I picked up Adobe Acrobat Pro DC and I am having problems being able to get the dice symbols where I need them in the text boxes/areas in general. I know "copy and paste" the symbols is the answer but it automatically defaults to a different text (non-Genesys) and won't display the symbols. Anyway to keep the text boxes from auto selecting a text or something? I am a complete noob to Adobe and I am just getting frustrated that I cannot even get the dice symbols to appear on the pdfs.  Is there a simpler way?

Edit: I think I am figuring it out. 

Question 2--can we use the Shadow of the Beanstalk template but for non-Shadow of the Beanstalk stuff for Foundry? I am thinking of making some sci-fi things but using that template. Is that a no no? Or is it okay?

Edited by shamp

FWIW, I use a paid program called Infix. It allows easier and more effective editing of PDFs then Acrobat Pro in most cases including search and replace of fonts/letter combinations, re-flowing text between columns/pages, etc. Its is not perfect and tends to crash on very large documents and gets a little twitchy when dealing with form fields. I recently had a PDF for Genesys, but using Star Wars symbols, it was only a few clicks (per symbol) to replace all the symbols. 

Why are you editing PDFs to create your own content? You should be creating the content and the outputting a PDF.

Not sure if it says it anywhere explicitly, but Android and Terrinoth themed content should be in those worlds and have the "X Setting Compatible" tag on the cover. These may just be strongly encouraged rather than outright requirements.

16 hours ago, drainsmith said:

Why are you editing PDFs to create your own content

I interpreted the original question to be regarding the alteration of an existing pdf, not one of content creation. If I was incorrect then I apologize. 😭