Nyjalsan

New Hyperspace list SCUM

I would like to have a strong reliable list for hyperspace, maybe something like raw dmg output, but with some combos, not too much, really only something which does shoot a lot and has modified dice.

Was thinking of:

StarViper-class Attack Platform - Black Sun Assassin - 49
    Black Sun Assassin - (48)
        Crack Shot (1)

Customized YT-1300 Light Freighter - •Han Solo - 68
    •Han Solo - The Corellian Kid (54)
        Trick Shot (4)
        Shield Upgrade (4)
        •Lando’s Millennium Falcon (6)

Modified TIE/ln Fighter - •Ahhav - 31
    •Ahhav - Vengeful Survivor (30)
        Crack Shot (1)

Modified TIE/ln Fighter - •Captain Seevor - 31
    •Captain Seevor - Noisy Nuisance (30)
        Crack Shot (1)

Escape Craft - •Autopilot Drone - 12
    •Autopilot Drone - Set to Blow (12)

Total: 191/200

View in the X-Wing Squad Builder

What would you try to improve? Also to not forget, I would like to use as many as possible ships, but the list should have a good hull/dmg ratio.

Let me know what you think guys! Thank you!

If I were trying to maximize a scum list with as many ships that hit hard as possible, I would probably go with something like this:

Cpt. Seevor (TS)

3x Mining Guild Surveyor (TS)

Fenn (Predator)

Small, reasonably offensive swarm and an excellent Ace

I just remembered that Han Solo with that much upgrades is actuall pretty solid for every situation. Just chill behind any obstacle and you will get some hard hits from your ships laserzzzz.

Seevor well needs to be there, but maybe coordinate some too? and thats why the black assasin is there for some 3 dice unmoded or moded shots.

Any ideas on fixing the current list or just adding another ships instead of one that is in there?

I was also thinking of 2 escape crafts in the list, instead of Ahhav. Tourney is on 29th sept, need something ready in the bay :D

Any suggestions or tips or experiences would be really great help!

Scum is at a pretty rough place in hyperspace right now. I'm having great luck with four Starvipers, but you said you're looking for a variety of ships.

You might look at either of the following variants of yours.

Han Solo - Falcon (54)
Trick Shot (4)
Lando's Falcon (6)
Total (64)

Black Sun Enforcer (46)

Black Sun Enforcer (46)

Fang Fighter (44)

Build total (200)

OR

Han Solo - Falcon (54)
Trick Shot (4)
Lando's Falcon (6)
Total (64)

Bounty Hunter - Firespray (64)

Black Sun Enforcer (46)

Mining Guild TIE (24)

Build total (198)

I'd run Han as lean as possible, so I don't think you really need the title in either build.

With respect to the vipers, I'm really happy with them. But... you need to know how to fly them.

And that's probably also true of the fang fighter. I believe either of these lists have a little more punch than your list.

Edited by underling
Correct post

What about this one

Han Solo (Scum) (54)    
    Trick Shot (4)    
    Engine Upgrade (7)    
    Lando's Millennium Falcon (6)    

Ship total: 71  Half Points: 36  Threshold: 6    

Skull Squadron Pilot (50)    
    Crack Shot (1)    

Ship total: 51  Half Points: 26  Threshold: 2    

Captain Seevor (30)    
Ship total: 30  Half Points: 15  Threshold: 2    

Black Sun Assassin (48)    
Ship total: 48  Half Points: 24  Threshold: 3    

Total: 200    

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0:

https://raithos.github.io/?f=Scum and Villainy&d=v8ZsZ200Z89X133WWWWWW107W152Y101X116WY247XWY150XWWWW&sn=Unnamed Squadron&obs=

The idea behind the skull Squad Pilot is that he would be high as possible fang fighter to actually have some advantage against similar 6 aces list or so

1 hour ago, Nyjalsan said:

The idea behind the skull Squad Pilot is that he would be high as possible fang fighter to actually have some advantage against similar 6 aces list or so

Well now. The Skull. Tricky fellow.

I'm actually looking at running one with 3 Crack Vipers. 2 reasons, I only have 3 Vipers and the named Fang pilots don't fit into 200.

However, it's not going to go how you think. Fangs are really quite predictable, especially when stressed.  And if you dont have a great deal of experience with them, they'll be stressed a lot.

So enemy I4-6s that have Init on you will dodge it with ease and the Crack charge will likely finish the game still active. At that point, you're much better off with the I1. It's a terrific blocker, since it has the tools to survive when it fails arc and fails the block, and it's relatively cheap. They can be a royal pain in the neck, if you get it right, and sometimes even when you don't.

I've only ever flown the I4 once, in a completely different context, and I kinda fouled it up, so this is just theory. But with 3 Vipers and a Skull, the Skulls job will be to flank and engage enemy I4 and below. The Vipers will deal with aces by killboxing. If their flanker is a higher Init than the Skull, I make a call, if he doesn't fancy it, he joins the box. Of course, if he can guarantee a block, great, but he often won't. At a push, he could be used to tie up and distract an enemy ace but then, the I1 can do that just as well for 6pt less.

I4 does at least offer the opportunity to engage enemy I4s without being Init killed, so he can still be a relevant gun. He's maybe a pseudo ace for me, here.

But in almost every other context, with 1 Fang slot in the squad, I take the I1 as a menace, or Fenn/Teroch. The Skull is in a weird place, both cost and Init wise, he just doesn't suit any particular role naturally.

As for the rest of your squad, I've got little experience there so can't offer a lot. The Black Sun Assassin will be pretty squishy though, I know that much. You'll not want to throw him into the fight. He'll possibly do better as an area threat, hanging in a zone and making his arc an awkward thing to deal with.

I imagine Han will do a similar job, so the other pieces in the squad may need to be aggressive, semi durable brawlers, pulling the hard graft. Fangs are great at that. I'd possibly look at slimming the squad down to Han, a Black Sun Enforcer and 2 Zealous Recruits. But that is literally just off the top of my head, so take it with a pinch of salt.

It could be that, if you play it cagey, Seevor and a Zealous Recruit will do a decent job of sewing discontent, while a slightly fatter Han and Viper chew in from outlying positions. But I honestly don't know. Seems a difficult squad to fly well but it has some interesting angles.

23 minutes ago, Cuz05 said:

Well now. The Skull. Tricky fellow.

I'm actually looking at running one with 3 Crack Vipers. 2 reasons, I only have 3 Vipers and the named Fang pilots don't fit into 200.

However, it's not going to go how you think. Fangs are really quite predictable, especially when stressed.  And if you dont have a great deal of experience with them, they'll be stressed a lot.

So enemy I4-6s that have Init on you will dodge it with ease and the Crack charge will likely finish the game still active. At that point, you're much better off with the I1. It's a terrific blocker, since it has the tools to survive when it fails arc and fails the block, and it's relatively cheap. They can be a royal pain in the neck, if you get it right, and sometimes even when you don't.

I've only ever flown the I4 once, in a completely different context, and I kinda fouled it up, so this is just theory. But with 3 Vipers and a Skull, the Skulls job will be to flank and engage enemy I4 and below. The Vipers will deal with aces by killboxing. If their flanker is a higher Init than the Skull, I make a call, if he doesn't fancy it, he joins the box. Of course, if he can guarantee a block, great, but he often won't. At a push, he could be used to tie up and distract an enemy ace but then, the I1 can do that just as well for 6pt less.

I4 does at least offer the opportunity to engage enemy I4s without being Init killed, so he can still be a relevant gun. He's maybe a pseudo ace for me, here.

But in almost every other context, with 1 Fang slot in the squad, I take the I1 as a menace, or Fenn/Teroch. The Skull is in a weird place, both cost and Init wise, he just doesn't suit any particular role naturally.

As for the rest of your squad, I've got little experience there so can't offer a lot. The Black Sun Assassin will be pretty squishy though, I know that much. You'll not want to throw him into the fight. He'll possibly do better as an area threat, hanging in a zone and making his arc an awkward thing to deal with.

I imagine Han will do a similar job, so the other pieces in the squad may need to be aggressive, semi durable brawlers, pulling the hard graft. Fangs are great at that. I'd possibly look at slimming the squad down to Han, a Black Sun Enforcer and 2 Zealous Recruits. But that is literally just off the top of my head, so take it with a pinch of salt.

It could be that, if you play it cagey, Seevor and a Zealous Recruit will do a decent job of sewing discontent, while a slightly fatter Han and Viper chew in from outlying positions. But I honestly don't know. Seems a difficult squad to fly well but it has some interesting angles.

Previously i flew, 2 vipers, seevor and Fenn rau. Tricky list managed in a friendly non competitive tournament from 6 people to get 2/1, the only match lost was again soontir, 2 bombers and 3 tie fighters. My mistakes for two rounds that my vipers were too predictable and I did not want then to not be engaged it costed me two rounds of bumping and no reposition, therefore oponnent had a hard chance to manage the fenn and vipers still, they only died in the last round mostly, If i had better dial decisions the match would have bee favored for me, pretty sure about it.

Nice comment, just I was thinking to actually build up the play mat with huge asteroid around my own start area and casually wait with Han and others to get to the engagement while the opponent comes to me, I would be preparing the vipers, fang fighter and seevor to have some punch when it comes to that.

I will not in any of the matches with this list would go aggressive. Also I'm know fang and viper are squishy target, but they also could throw in some DMG at opponent + seevor who is seemingly and have exp with him fantastic at both, slow rolling to a fight or just blocking enemy ships. I was hoping of having a huge cannon ready when the fight begins, then I could go in while my opponent tries to outcome the little ships and while Hans has that asteroid/obstacle cover in a ny case to do some real threat.

Still some days left, need to finalize my list :D Great ideas bois. Need some more opinions :)

My list is built for having the DMG when it needs to come to that, hugging asteroids that is, but also having some hull to pin down while i would defend.

On 9/23/2019 at 7:15 PM, underling said:

Scum is at a pretty rough place in hyperspace right now. I'm having great luck with four Starvipers, but you said you're looking for a variety of ships.

You might look at either of the following variants of yours.

Han Solo - Falcon (54)
Trick Shot (4)
Lando's Falcon (6)
Total (64)

Black Sun Enforcer (46)

Black Sun Enforcer (46)

Fang Fighter (44)

Build total (200)

OR

Han Solo - Falcon (54)
Trick Shot (4)
Lando's Falcon (6)
Total (64)

Bounty Hunter - Firespray (64)

Black Sun Enforcer (46)

Fang Fighter (44)

Build total (198)

I'd run Han as lean as possible, so I don't think you really need the title in either build.

With respect to the vipers, I'm really happy with them. But... you need to know how to fly them.

And that's probably also true of the fang fighter. I believe either of these lists have a little more punch than your list.

My brain is struggling to figure out how you added a ship that is 18 points more expensive and dropped the list by 2 points. Are both Starvipers supposed to have been dropped or did the official app do FFG math again?

5 hours ago, SwampyCr said:

My brain is struggling to figure out how you added a ship that is 18 points more expensive and dropped the list by 2 points. Are both Starvipers supposed to have been dropped or did the official app do FFG math again?

Sorry, my bad. A major brain fart is how. :) 

I was juggling the two lists, and mistyped the second one.

In the second list there should be a mining guild TIE (or Z-95) instead of the fang fighter.

You basically have 26 points after the 1300, firespray and viper.

I would go with one of these three for a Hyperspace tournament:

Fangi  rzondzo ❤️

(68) Fenn Rau [Fang Fighter]

(44) Zealous Recruit [Fang Fighter]

Total points: 200

OR

New Squadron

(48) Black Sun Assassin [StarViper-class Attack Platform]
(1) Crack Shot

(1) Crack Shot

(2) Predator

(30) Captain Seevor [Modified TIE/ln Fighter]
(1) Crack Shot

Total points: 199

OR

Guri Fenn

(6) Outmaneuver

(64) Guri [StarViper-class Attack Platform]
(6) Afterburners
(8) Shield Upgrade
(10) Advanced Sensors
(6) Outmaneuver
(10) Virago

Total points: 178

The first two are just solid. They are both powerful and immensely fun to fly. The third one is great fun if you’re feeling ballsy. ;)

1 hour ago, fps_pyz said:

I would go with one of these three for a Hyperspace tournament:

Fangi  rzondzo ❤️

Total points: 200

OR

New Squadron

(1) Crack Shot

(1) Crack Shot

(2) Predator

(1) Crack Shot

OR

Guri Fenn

(6) Outmaneuver

(6) Afterburners
(8) Shield Upgrade
(10) Advanced Sensors
(6) Outmaneuver
(10) Virago

The first two are just solid. They are both powerful and immensely fun to fly. The third one is great fun if you’re feeling ballsy. ;)

Try this:

"Fangi z Viperami rzondzo bardziej ;)

(56) Old Teroch [Fang Fighter]
(1) Crack Shot

(1) Crack Shot

(1) Crack Shot

You got pocket Ace (Teroch), token denial (vs ie Finn), super bumper vs swarms (Zelous Recruit), fun and unpredictable Starvipers and 4x 3 red dice guns. Played this for a while - was strong but not my style (I like dirty tricks in list ;). ) 

Edited by Oldpara

2 hours ago, fps_pyz said:

OR

Guri Fenn

(6) Outmaneuver

(6) Afterburners
(8) Shield Upgrade
(10) Advanced Sensors
(6) Outmaneuver
(10) Virago

Nothing is more ballsy as a decent 22 points bid :D

I played this only everyone had crach shots:

(1) Crack Shot

(1) Crack Shot

(1) Crack Shot

(1) Crack Shot

Total points: 198

Problem was that sometimes I cannot myself fly vipers that good, So I am trying to integrate Hans ability and just wait for the opponent to come and get me, while i sit and shoot and see what happens. Still have that list in the bag, so I might go with that one, but please share your thoughts on other lists archetypes for hyperspace.

5 hours ago, Nyjalsan said:

I played this only everyone had crach shots:

(1) Crack Shot

(1) Crack Shot

(1) Crack Shot

(1) Crack Shot

Total points: 198

Problem was that sometimes I cannot myself fly vipers that good, So I am trying to integrate Hans ability and just wait for the opponent to come and get me, while i sit and shoot and see what happens. Still have that list in the bag, so I might go with that one, but please share your thoughts on other lists archetypes for hyperspace.

This is the one I really like:

(1) Crack Shot

(1) Crack Shot

(1) Crack Shot

(1) Crack Shot

Total points: 196

PS: But I'm getting to where I can put the vipers in places that opponents don't expect them to be.