Sign in to follow this  
Enigami

Snap Shot Ketsu + Teroch + ?

Hey, I'm looking to try out the Ketsu+Teroch+Kavil list in a couple days and wanted to fly Snap Shot + Zuckuss Ketsu as well to see how that compares to Fearless+Maul Ketsu. The recent nerf to tractor might hurt, but Snap Shot adds more ways for Ketsu to get more damage and tractor tokens on ships (potentially even fully tractoring large base ships if things line up right!), and with ion getting a buff, I've been wondering about switching out one Ketsu's teammates for a 4-LOM + Static Discharge Vanes abuser to add some very nasty control elements to the list.

Ketsu Onyo (70)
-Fearless (3)
-Maul (12)
-Shadowcaster (3)

Total: 88

vs.

Ketsu Onyo (70)
-Snap Shot (9)
-Zuckuss (2)
-Shadowcaster (3)

Total: 84

Fearless + Maul Ketsu is going to be more consistent for mods, but Snap Shot + Shadowcaster + Zuckuss all have excellent synergy, especially on a high initiative ship with plenty of blues. If Ketsu has a blue maneuver dialed in, and an opponent moves before her and enters Snap Shot range, she gets to use Zuckuss for free on the Snap Shot and has the option to use Zuckuss again during the engagement phase. It can also tractor a small-base blocker out of position if it hits. As a bonus, it's also cheaper allowing for slightly more expensive teammates or a bid. Downside is, no force for free mods or Fearless for guaranteed results.

POTENTIAL TEAMMATES:

Old Teroch (56)
-Predator (2)
Total: 56

Kavil (43)
-Dorsal Turret (3)
-Veteran Turret Gunner (8)
Total: 54

Freighter Captain (46)
-4-LOM (2)
-Static Discharge Vanes (8)
Total: 56

Lando Calrissian (49)
-4-LOM (2)
Total: 59

Dace Bonearm (34)
-Snap Shot (7)
-4-LOM (2)
Total: 51

Jakku Gunrunner (32)
-4-LOM (2)
Total: 42

Old Teroch + Kavil is Ketsu's meta go-to partners, but with the recent buff to ion, I'm wondering whether there's some merit to utilizing 4-LOM + SDV. The YT-1300's large base works well with the combo, as it takes 3 ions for it to be ionized and SDV makes 4-LOM only add 1 ion per turn. The bow-tie arc also helps to ensure there's something to shoot at for 4-LOM to activate and pushing ion onto a ship even if it's out of arc. Lando and SDV clash a bit, but I4 over I1 and option to go for 4-LOM + Lando rerolls for more punch when there's no good SDV target might be worth the 3 points over Freighter Captain.

Dace and Gunrunner don't have the large base buffer to avoid self-ionizing, but they have the potential to be far more annoying. Gunrunner adds more tractor, potentially combo-ing with Ketsu to throw large bases around, while Dace has a wider arc for 4-LOM with Snap Shot adding a pseudo front arc, and can use Snap Shot+4-LOM to trick up aces at range 1 by shooting another ship that triggers Snap Shot, using 4-LOM, and then passing that ion token to the ace and ruining that ace's turn. If Dace hadn't moved yet, the ion maneuver will clear the stress and ion, and Dace has the option to 4-LOM + SDV again. That snap shot ion trick also avoids the issue with making Dace predictable since if Dace doesn't use 4-LOM in the engagement phase, the opponent won't be able to plan around his self-ionizing as easily since it can be cleared within the same activation phase as he ionizes himself. My only issue with Dace is that he wouldn't be as sturdy as a YT or output as much damage as Old Teroch/Kavil without Moldy Crow, but he will be capable of reliable ionizing like nothing else especially with his ability to abuse 4-LOM + SDV against large base ships as well. Also will be a handy anti-Huge Ship tool in Epic since 4-LOM + SDV + Dace's ability will deplete huge ship energy like crazy.

I'm thinking standard Fearless Ketsu+Teroch+Kavil and then Snap Ketsu+Teroch+Snap Dace with a Shield Upgrade to help Dace stay in the game longer. Thoughts? Should I stick with Kavil over Dace, or use a YT over him? Use the points for Shield Upgrade on something else?

Edited by Enigami

I like Fearless and Maul. Passive mods baby. 

New Squadron

(70) Ketsu Onyo [Lancer-class Pursuit Craft]
(12) Maul
(3) Fearless
(3) Shadow Caster

(56) Old Teroch [Fang Fighter]
(3) Fearless

(48) Black Sun Assassin [StarViper-class Attack Platform]
(1) Crack Shot

Total points: 196

Edited by JBFancourt

I think I would use Kavil and latts razzi

Ketsu Onyo (70)
Snap Shot (9)
Zuckuss (2)
Shadow Caster (3)

Latts Razzi (59)
0-0-0 (5)
Unkar Plutt (2)
BT-1 (2)

Kavil (43)
Dorsal Turret (3)
R4 Astromech (2)
Total: 200

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0

Or go completely nuts on the tractor with zuvio

Ketsu Onyo (70)
Snap Shot (9)
Zuckuss (2)
Shadow Caster (3)

Latts Razzi (59)
Unkar Plutt (2)
0-0-0 (5)

Constable Zuvio (35)
Elusive (3)
Pattern Analyzer (5)
Proximity Mines (6)
Total: 199

Ketsu Onyo (70)
Snap Shot (9)
Zuckuss (2)
Shadow Caster (3)

Latts Razzi (59)
Unkar Plutt (2)
0-0-0 (5)
BT-1 (2)

Constable Zuvio (35)
Composure (1)
Pattern Analyzer (5)
Proximity Mines (6)
Total: 199

Edited by flooze

I have just played in a local tournament with this list and placed 4th out of 24 players. Not too shabby. :) was 30 MoV points behind the third place.

Ketsu Squad

(2) 4-LOM
(3) Fearless
(3) Shadow Caster

(28) Cartel Spacer [M3-A Interceptor]
(5) Ion Cannon

(32) Jakku Gunrunner [Quadrijet Transfer Spacetug]

Total points: 199

it’s got ion, it’s got tons of tractors... your oponents will hate your guts, though. :) I love flying this!

7 hours ago, fps_pyz said:

I have just played in a local tournament with this list and placed 4th out of 24 players. Not too shabby. :) was 30 MoV points behind the third place.

Ketsu Squad

(2) 4-LOM
(3) Fearless
(3) Shadow Caster

(28) Cartel Spacer [M3-A Interceptor]
(5) Ion Cannon

(32) Jakku Gunrunner [Quadrijet Transfer Spacetug]

Total points: 199

it’s got ion, it’s got tons of tractors... your oponents will hate your guts, though. :) I love flying this!

I think this is best load-out for now. 

I made Best Scum European Championship with this list, and Philip Pond form UK is on 10-1 tournament streak right now.

As for Snap shot/Zuckuss: not worth it. Snap triggers rarely (and even more rarely hits) and Zukuss limits your dial (when you want to utilise K5 as often as possible) 

Edited by Oldpara

13 hours ago, fps_pyz said:

(2) 4-LOM
(3) Fearless
(3) Shadow Caster

The more I think about that build, the more I like it. Lean, simple, cheap, effective. Thx for sharing! 

On 9/22/2019 at 6:32 AM, Oldpara said:

I think this is best load-out for now. 

I made Best Scum European Championship with this list, and Philip Pond form UK is on 10-1 tournament streak right now.

As for Snap shot/Zuckuss: not worth it. Snap triggers rarely (and even more rarely hits) and Zukuss limits your dial (when you want to utilise K5 as often as possible) 

Coincidentally, I played and chatted with Phil at the wknd, thankfully not against this :D

But we did talk about it.

I had looked at 4LOM for the Shadowcaster a little while ago. 4LOM giving access to the blue 1 straight, after the 5K, is a very useful tool.

Personally, I like Zuckuss on Heightened Assaj rather a lot, but it's not at all the same and doesn't work so well for Teroch. That this Ketsu works out a couple points cheaper is a bit silly and really highlights her power.