Sign in to follow this  
rogue_09

Oops, all ______!

Another thread jogged my brain into the idea of a one-shot game where all the PCs must choose from the six specializations of a single career.

Oops, all Sentinels!
Oops, all Technicians!

What do you think would be particularly fun for you or your play group?

Oops, all Commanders could be a weird one.

AoR only list:

All Soldiers would be the easiest. For obvious reasons.

All Commanders could be from a planet where the military is run by a military council and when the military joins the Rebellion, they retain their command structure.
It makes sense when you think about it: Tactician is the commander of your ground forces, Commodore is the commander of your space forces, Squadron Commander is the commander of your starfighter forces (or ground vehicle forces [or both]), Strategist is your strategic planner who forms plans and submits them to the relevant commanders, Instructor is the guy in charge of supply and making sure that the forces are adequately trained and he might also be in charge of recruiting, and lastly, Figurehead is the public head/spokesman for the council and advises on matters of politics as well as negotiating with other organizations.

All Aces would be quite hard because of how split they are between space and ground.

All Diplomats would be fairly possible, but that isn't my cup of tea, so I haven't put a lot of thought into it.

All Engineers would get a little bit weird, because of the different roles, but it would still be possible.

All Spies would probably work, but I really haven't given any thought to the Spy career.

Oops, all Warriors! - A strike team of Jedi during the Clone Wars trying to assassinate General Grievous.

Oops, all Sentinels! - Buncha Jedi Batmans in a huge urban environment.

Oops, all Colonists! - Screams a performing troupe putting on one big show.

Oops, all Exporers! - Indiana Croft and the Big Game Hunt.

Conversely, I’d argue that oops all Smugglers would be the easiest -Smugglers can man a single ship together, but unlike other careers you have a lot less redundancy between different specs. You can have a Pilot, a Gunslinger, a Charmer, and a Thief all have completely different skillsets that don’t make the others unnecessary.

Not that I want to take this thread off the rails, but does the concept have to be applied only to the career? Having players only choose from one race (but with any career) could lend to some interesting results.

Examples are “Oops all” droids, or hutts. All wookies could get pretty ridiculous as well.

And at one point didn’t “many Bothans” die to bring the Rebels some information? There’s a sweet one off session.

Edited by Flavorabledeez

17 hours ago, rogue_09 said:

Another thread jogged my brain into the idea of a one-shot game where all the PCs must choose from the six specializations of a single career.

Oops, all Sentinels!
Oops, all Technicians!

What do you think would be particularly fun for you or your play group?

Oops, all Commanders could be a weird one.

I ran an all-colonist game a while back. Had three PCs and used the other three specs for NPCs. It was fun for the....3 sessions it lasted

7 hours ago, Flavorabledeez said:

Not that I want to take this thread off the rails, but does the concept have to be applied only to the career? Having players only choose from one race (but with any career) could lend to some interesting results.

Examples are “Oops all” droids, or hutts. All wookies could get pretty ridiculous as well.

And at one point didn’t “many Bothans” die to bring the Rebels some information? There’s a sweet one off session.

I ran the Many Bothans thing back in d20 as a con one shot. Worked out well.

4 hours ago, bsmith23 said:

I ran the Many Bothans thing back in d20 as a con one shot. Worked out well.

That’s awesome. I figured there’s no way someone hasn't done this already.

I’m also thinking of an all Mon Calamari bridge crew engaged with a Star Destroyer could be a good time, though a bit harder to pull off

Edited by Flavorabledeez