Sign in to follow this  
peppersandwich

Escalation win condition

Hi, I’m sure I’m being thick but I really can’t decipher what it meant by “twice the match threat level” is it 8 as they tell you to use a squad of threat level 4 or is it 16 taking both sides in to account? Finally does it increase as the match progresses and more and more high value targets make it on to the board.

Thanks for the clarification if anyone can provide it!

Threat level is kind of a carry over from their Imperial Assault game. The match threat level is static. Its the threat you decide to start at. So if you started at 4, then twice that is 8. It does not take both players into account (you are only trying to destroy one players ships, not your own ;) )

The Match threat level does not increase no. The next ship deployed is based on your last Destroyed ships threat level. So if you had a Threat 3 ship, and a threat 1 ship on the table, and the threat 1 ship got destroyed, you deploy 2 threat worth of a ship (either 1 2-threat ship, or 2 1-threat ships), not a threat 5 worth of ships. Once the "3" threat ship is destroyed, you deploy a "4" threat ship (or combo of ships totaling 4) .

Make sense?