PanchoX1

New Rules Reference

5 minutes ago, TasteTheRainbow said:

So you can boost and barrel roll onto asteroids and debris now? Interesting. 

I think they're trying to limit intentional fails. Sorry Composure Snap.

no....

While attempting to place a ship to complete a barrel roll, the barrel roll

can fail if any of the following occurs:

◊ All three positions would cause the ship to overlap another ship.

◊ All three positions would cause the ship to overlap or move through an

obstacle.

◊ All three positions would cause the ship to be outside the play area

(and therefore would cause that ship to flee).

5 minutes ago, TasteTheRainbow said:

So you can boost and barrel roll onto asteroids and debris now? Interesting. 

?

on page 6 it states a barrel roll can fail if all three positions would cause the ship to overlap or move through an obstacle.

am I missing something?

After a strained ship applies the effect to roll 1 fewer defense die this way, it removes 1 strain token

Well, that's the nail in the coffin for Finn.

While a tractored ship defends, it rolls one fewer defense die

So there's a limit to how ****** you can get by tractoring now, I like that.

9 minutes ago, Lyynark said:

Well, that's the nail in the coffin for Finn.

So there's a limit to how ****** you can get by tractoring now, I like that.

There were actually 3 nerfs to Nantex:

1. Timing change means you can't do Nantex hot potato and toss a single tractor across multiple ships (they wouldn't meet the prerequisites to go in the ability queue now)

2. Ship only moves the first time it's tractored each round so you can't ditch your token, then get another one from a buddy to move again

3. You only lose a die when you're "Tractored", not just by having a tractor token on you

correction 4:

can't use ship ability while ioned

Edited by MasterShake2

3 minutes ago, MasterShake2 said:

3. You only lose a die when you're "Tractored", not just by having a tractor token on you

Just read again and a huge change from before is that a single tractor token no longer is sufficient to affect the defense die of medium and large ships. Only "tractored" ships lose a die and medium/large ships require 2/3 tractor tokens to be "tractored".

It seems that FFG realized the huge possibility of NPEs surrounding excessive tractor effects and has attempted to curb them :)

7 minutes ago, MasterShake2 said:

Is this just a large/medium ship buff or is there some other effect? Because they were already the solution to dealing with a Nantex.

Edited by TasteTheRainbow

2 minutes ago, TasteTheRainbow said:

Is this just a large/medium ship buff or is there some other effect? Because they were already the solution to dealing with a Nantex.

Just a Medium/Large buff also, they didn't deal with Nantexes well before

Edited by MasterShake2

3 minutes ago, MasterShake2 said:

Just a Medium/Large buff also, they didn't deal with Nantexes well before

They mostly didn't deal well with any source of tractor before. A lot of big ships are AGI 1 and instantly lost their defence after being (easily) tagged with a single tractor token. 

I think this change makes a lot of sense. It also makes the rule more clear since there are no longer two effects for tractor tokens where one was independent of being "tractored".

Q: When an effect checks the difficulty of your revealed maneuver (such as Cova Nell’s pilot ability), do any effects that alter the difficulty of your maneuvers (such as R4 Astromech or Leia Organa apply?

A: No. The difficulty of a revealed maneuver matches its printed color. The speed and bearing of a revealed maneuver also match their printed value and type, respectively

So Cova with R4 flying a 1 turn rolls an additional die, gets an action and still has Leia available for other ships? That's pretty big buff.

Edited by Naerytar

7 minutes ago, Naerytar said:

So Cova with R4 flying a 1 turn rolls an additional die, gets an action and still has Leia available for other ships? That's pretty big buff.

Nice, this is what I thought was the case all along, Makes the Finn debuff not as hard to stomach for me since I have them both in my list :D

RIP Cik… From the upgrades section... 

"Some effects can “exchange” or “equip” an upgrade card from one ship to
another during or after setup.
◊ An effect can move an upgrade to a ship that does not have the
matching icon on its upgrade bar.
◊ An effect cannot move an upgrade to a ship that does not meet the
requirements set out in the restrictions box of the upgrade card unless
the effect says to equip the upgrade “ignoring restrictions.”"

So, in effect, Nantex and my question about Cloaked Huge ships scared them enough that Scum ended up getting nerfed, again, along side the Nantex… 😠

And I had a whole post worked up about tide pod Finn and RAW vs RAI too.

Lot of debates put to rest in this.

1. Finn does not immediately remove strain using his ability on defense
  2. Rigged Cargo Chute does make the ships it is dropped on suffer the effects (lots of new references to this.  Not sure who was still arguing against it.)
  3. Palpatine vs Padme
  4. 7th Fleet/Ric and Predictive Shot max dice limitations
  5. Nantex tractor chaining

The ability queue clarification also looks like it clears up the Snap Shot/Foresight vs Afterburners/FTC:

• Player A has initiative
  • Ship A with Afterburners/FTC executes a maneuver and is not in Ship B's Snap Shot/Foresight range/arc
  • Ship A then uses Afterburners/FTC to boost/barrel roll and ends up within Ship B's Snap Shot/Foresight range/arc
  • Ship B cannot then use Snap Shot/Foresight because the requirements were not met at the time the maneuver was executed

It does seem that Ship A could Afterburners/FTC out of Snap Shot/Foresight range/arc and escape the shot.

2 minutes ago, Something Wicked said:

The ability queue clarification also looks like it clears up the Snap Shot/Foresight vs Afterburners/FTC:

• Player A has initiative
  • Ship A with Afterburners/FTC executes a maneuver and is not in Ship B's Snap Shot/Foresight range/arc
  • Ship A then uses Afterburners/FTC to boost/barrel roll and ends up within Ship B's Snap Shot/Foresight range/arc
  • Ship B cannot then use Snap Shot/Foresight because the requirements were not met at the time the maneuver was executed

It does seem that Ship A could Afterburners/FTC out of Snap Shot/Foresight range/arc and escape the shot.

Yep, this could already be determined from the previous rules set. But glad they cleared that up.

13 minutes ago, Naerytar said:

Did they define "Revealed Maneuver" then?