R3dReVenge

UPDATE: We will NOT be getting CW on October 4th!

Since CW is a Core set in its own right, missing delivery date by a month or more will turn away many would-be new players. There were many people who were waiting for CW to get into Legion, and with this lengthy delay, they may find another place to dump their money. What can I say? People are fickle. Though Legion is doing well and this will not cause FFG to go out of business (by any stretch of the imagination), nor will Legion be ended from poor sales, the player base will not grow to what it could have been had the CW starter set been advertised as well as the original, and if it was released even close to the suggested release date. Many FLGS will undoubtedly have fewer players enter into Legion and in some areas it’s the difference between having someone or no one to play with. In many areas in the States there are robust amounts of players, so I’m sure it’s hard for you to imagine an area in the US or even around the world where it’s already near impossible to find someone to play. And I am fully aware of TTS, which is great, but I believe it is only a matter of time before it is shutdown and it is always nicer playin irl. It’s all point of view, so if you are lucky enough to be in a area with a lot of player, that’s great, but remember CW could have really helped other communities not so fortunate.

17 minutes ago, JediPartisan said:

to what it could have been

This. They've missed so many good opportunities.

The clone wars delay is definitely not the first time they lost money for no reason other than themselves, and it definitely won't be the last.  

They have to be out of toes at this point... FFG keeps shooting itself in the foot. 

Redrevenge’s hyperbole aside, this delay (and the haphazard way it has been communicated) has caused an obvious hit to customer confidence and enthusiasm.  Disgruntled players will/are complaining and that word of mouth will spread. The Star Wars brand is pretty resilient though so FFG-Legion isn’t going go bankrupt over night, but we can all see they have hurt the game’s short term growth.  It is simply disappointing.

Anecdotally, I have cancelled my CW starter order and now will just be picking up an Obiwan off someone else to paint.  Why?  Now that the hype has fizzled I realized I don’t need a second faction to play casually and I’ll simply pick up any Repub/CIS characters in the future I want paint.  And at this point I may skip the local RPQ in November.

My personal choice doesn’t spell gloom for the game locally, but reflects the feeling in my gaming group of 5 adults. Take it as you will.

PS: an added bonus is I don’t ‘have to’ paint another pile of barricades. :)

1 hour ago, costi said:

And now, to make the whole situation even more unclear, Asmodee Germany says next week: https://asmodee.de/news/neue-spiele-sind-auf-dem-weg-78

Operative Vader/Luke and the Clone Wars stuff?  I thought they were the reason for the hold order?  I'm so confused right now. 

I'd love to offer another historically-flavored insult against them, but since my last one was taken too seriously and taken down, I'll just say "well, dang."  Hopefully none of our illustrious and often absent overlords will take offense at this one. 

24 minutes ago, TheHoosh said:

So looks like Germany will get it before the U.S. ????

Not necessarily. We know the product is already in the US (evidenced by MM sending out the product before getting the all clear/before even the ANNOUNCED date) so it is possible that as soon as the issues in Germany are cleared up, everywhere gets the go ahead. 

My local store owner (Germany) told me that he phoned Amodee today and they confirmed the 4th of October as release date in Germany... 😂

This is pure Chaos.

But if the rumor is true that the release was delayed because the container was stuck in German costums, it will mean that we probably have a world wide release on 4th of Oct... Fingers crossed!

Edited by Staelwulf

1 hour ago, Alpha17 said:

Operative Vader/Luke and the Clone Wars stuff?  I thought they were the reason for the hold order?  I'm so confused right now. 

I'd love to offer another historically-flavored insult against them, but since my last one was taken too seriously and taken down, I'll just say "well, dang."  Hopefully none of our illustrious and often absent overlords will take offense at this one. 

@Darth Sanguis earned a ban for this this week. 

Funny how they handle disapproval. 

I'm more concerned about the massive gap between the initial release and wave 2. My local scene lost at least one player who got tired of waiting for more variety when Legion initially released; We have a few guys excited about to jump in with CW and don't want that to happen again. Really would have been nice to see the second Corps units ready to go with the base set.

Edited by Bobmc
Spelling

1 minute ago, Bobmc said:

I'm more concerned about the massive gap between the initial release and wave 2. My local scene lost at lease player who got tired of waiting for more variety when Legion initially released; We have a few guys excited about to jump in with CW and don't want that to happen again. Really would have been nice to see the second Corps units ready to go with the base set.

I've been preaching this for awhile.

People don't and will not wait. 

4 hours ago, Staelwulf said:

My local store owner (Germany) told me that he phoned Amodee today and they confirmed the 4th of October as release date in Germany... 😂

This is pure Chaos.

But if the rumor is true that the release was delayed because the container was stuck in German costums, it will mean that we probably have a world wide release on 4th of Oct... Fingers crossed!

Hmm, I hope Portugal will also get it early!

21 hours ago, Staelwulf said:

This is pure Chaos.

............................................________
....................................,.-‘”...................``~.,
.............................,.-”...................................“-.,
.........................,/...............................................”:,
.....................,?......................................................\,
.................../...........................................................,}
................./......................................................,:`^`..}
.............../...................................................,:”........./
..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
............./__.(.....“~-,_..............................,:`........../
.........../(_....”~,_........“~,_....................,:`........_/
..........{.._$;_......”=,_.......“-,_.......,.-~-,},.~”;/....}
...........((.....*~_.......”=-._......“;,,./`..../”............../
...,,,___.\`~,......“~.,....................`.....}............../
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-”
............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\
.............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__
,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|..............`=~-,
.....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\
...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\
................................`:,,...........................`\..............__
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
........................................_\..........._,-%.......`\
...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`\

30 minutes ago, Dark Star Games said:

October 18th release date for clone wars confirmed by Asmodee in the UK...

Thank you for sharing the latest.

October 4th was originally "confirmed" as the release date by an FFG employee so I'm sure October 18th is the planned date, but as mentioned previously at this point I'm dubious about any announced release dates. Especially since I'm assuming the announcement was just for the UK, or did they say "worldwide"?

Furthermore, do you have a link to this announcement? Just curious as to source.

Edited by Caimheul1313