R3dReVenge

UPDATE: We will NOT be getting CW on October 4th!

2 hours ago, R3dReVenge said:

Matt Holland,

"Well, I understand this is not the news the community wants, but all the same I wanted to pass along that we found out that the gun was jumped on the October 4 date yesterday. We did announce it to distributors, and then you guys, but the date has been pushed back. Should still be October, but in order to ensure product has time to arrive around the globe, it's going to be a least a couple of weeks later than I'd said yesterday. I'll update when I hear a more concrete date (and will quadruple-check it this time!) I apologize for the inconvenience and getting everyone all excited."

I predicted end of October. Looks like that will be the case.

#FFGfail

My friend had a theory they were being forced by Disney to hold release back until Force Friday...looks like he was both spot on and off target in full measure.

2 hours ago, Darth Sanguis said:

ktCW5m2.jpg

Back when Bossk was released I ordered the Dewback and CW core set, the store manager checked with his distributor and CW core set was marked Q3 (we all know what happened there) but the Dewback was marked Q4, more specifically December.

We both assumed the Dewback's date was a mistake but I'm not so sure anymore...

3 minutes ago, famado said:

Back when Bossk was released I ordered the Dewback and CW core set, the store manager checked with his distributor and CW core set was marked Q3 (we all know what happened there) but the Dewback was marked Q4, more specifically December.

We both assumed the Dewback's date was a mistake but I'm not so sure anymore...

Dewback at least has a known reason behind the delay, although there again FFG didn't communicate anything officially on this site. The wrong bases are in all of the packages, and FFG is working to fix that issue. 

10 minutes ago, joewrightgm said:

Well all this has made me change to playing the Empire.

congratulations FFG, you failed ‘up’ into my money still lmao

Makes me think this is their intention. "Ah people will get fed up with waiting and just buy Rebels or Empire, then not be able to resist buying the clone wars stuff muhahaha"

This all sounds like a huge Clonespiracy....

Edited by Uchidan1

Blah blah blah I'm crying because FFG are bad guys and are playing with my feelings...

Do you know what is behind a world release of a product? big boats sailing from China to Australia, US an EU, different customs on each country, transport distribution to hubs, truck distribution to FLGS and all of that worlwide. They don't delay the product because they want. Some logistic issue should happened and they are working on fix it. 

Would you be happy if french version is released on 4th and US is released on 18th? of course not. I'm tired of Facebook post apocalyptic posts about delays, here in the forums the same... I'm going to quit several weeks from social media and I will be back when people start to cry because clones or droids are broken. Do you remember this is a game for adults with small miniature toys? 

1 minute ago, Hijodecain said:

Blah blah blah I'm crying because FFG are bad guys and are playing with my feelings...

Do you know what is behind a world release of a product? big boats sailing from China to Australia, US an EU, different customs on each country, transport distribution to hubs, truck distribution to FLGS and all of that worlwide. They don't delay the product because they want. Some logistic issue should happened and they are working on fix it. 

Would you be happy if french version is released on 4th and US is released on 18th? of course not. I'm tired of Facebook post apocalyptic posts about delays, here in the forums the same... I'm going to quit several weeks from social media and I will be back when people start to cry because clones or droids are broken. Do you remember this is a game for adults with small miniature toys? 

You're so cool....

It’s one thing to complain about stuff because you’re entitled. Complaining about release order, why does my faction not get a toy etc. That’s childish.

On the other hand, complaints about ffg’s Really bad debacle over the whole release is totally fair. This is poor business decisions and mismanaging the situation.

9 minutes ago, Hijodecain said:

This entire post made me laugh. You're whining about people being critical about FFG's failed release schedule and communication skills. 

Need a tissue?

52 minutes ago, Hijodecain said:

Would you be happy if french version is released on 4th and US is released on 18th? 

Actually, I wouldn't have a problem with it, as long as they were upfront with what was happening.  What happens in France doesn't affect me, so them getting it on the 4th and me waiting til the 18th wouldn't change when I got the product I've paid for.  On the other hand, if I was in France, and the product in question is just sitting around for a few weeks so that someone somewhere in the world can get it the same day, then I'd be pissed, especially if I had already paid for the dang thing.

44 minutes ago, Caimheul1313 said:
46 minutes ago, Darth Sanguis said:

Impending thread lock in:

3... 2... 1...

I'll be honest, I'm amazed these conversations have been civil THIS long. 

I do find it refreshing that FFG lets people throw shade and voice their complaints about delays and bad communication. And so far it has been pretty civil, constructive, and maybe a good way for people to let off steam.

I come from Privateer Press forums and A Song of Ice and Fire forums where any decent or even a hint of complaining gets an instant ban or worse. It is nice has to have different voices and to hear the negative as well as the positive.

10 minutes ago, RyantheFett said:

I do find it refreshing that FFG lets people throw shade and voice their complaints about delays and bad communication. And so far it has been pretty civil, constructive, and maybe a good way for people to let off steam.

I come from Privateer Press forums and A Song of Ice and Fire forums where any decent or even a hint of complaining gets an instant ban or worse. It is nice has to have different voices and to hear the negative as well as the positive.

Privateer Press even shut down their forums

1 hour ago, TheHoosh said:

Privateer Press even shut down their forums

Say whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat??? Somehow I am still surprised.

When I quit pretty much most people did not even use the forum and instead went to other sites to talk about the game. They did worse, but that would be a large forum post titled "20 different ways FFG is better then all of these other miniature companies............. except for what happened to Armada"

4 hours ago, Caimheul1313 said:

Dewback at least has a known reason behind the delay, although there again FFG didn't communicate anything officially on this site. The wrong bases are in all of the packages, and FFG is working to fix that issue. 

Yeah I know. But what I was wondering is if they knew it already back when bossk came out and just didn't say anything since the distributor had already marked it for Q4 then.

Perhaps not having them at gencon would've been a bigger bummer than having to replace a limited number of bases later.

Anyway I'm fine with waiting to get a proper product.

49 minutes ago, famado said:

Yeah I know. But what I was wondering is if they knew it already back when bossk came out and just didn't say anything since the distributor had already marked it for Q4 then.

Perhaps not having them at gencon would've been a bigger bummer than having to replace a limited number of bases later.

Anyway I'm fine with waiting to get a proper product.

Not having them at gencon would have been the business move if they knew. The logistics and costs of colating and processing the customer data and of sending the bases all over the country would far outweigh any hate for simply not putting them on sale and fixing the issues at the distributors

1 hour ago, Ralgon said:

Not having them at gencon would have been the business move if they knew. The logistics and costs of colating and processing the customer data and of sending the bases all over the country would far outweigh any hate for simply not putting them on sale and fixing the issues at the distributors

Agreed.

I heard that the base issue was a surprise, only discovered after people who bought the models at Gencon started posting pictures on Facebook of their Dewbacks.

10 hours ago, R3dReVenge said:

Matt Holland,

"Well, I understand this is not the news the community wants, but all the same I wanted to pass along that we found out that the gun was jumped on the October 4 date yesterday. We did announce it to distributors, and then you guys, but the date has been pushed back. Should still be October, but in order to ensure product has time to arrive around the globe, it's going to be a least a couple of weeks later than I'd said yesterday. I'll update when I hear a more concrete date (and will quadruple-check it this time!) I apologize for the inconvenience and getting everyone all excited."

I predicted end of October. Looks like that will be the case.

#FFGfail

And where are my Dewbacks?!

There has been a chain of events that may have impacted on the original plans. 

Dewback out on sale with wrong base size. People who bought were asked to contact support to arrange a replacement, those that did were told that they would be dispatched at the time it came back into stock as they were currently out of stock. So those bases were sent out last week I believe. Given that they recalled the Dewbacks and they would.prioritise fixing that "Dewbackle" then that would mean they had an issue with the same bases that are used in TCW sets. It may be that it is all related and that the core sets hit a delay as a result of that.

32 minutes ago, syrath said:

There has been a chain of events that may have impacted on the original plans. 

Dewback out on sale with wrong base size. People who bought were asked to contact support to arrange a replacement, those that did were told that they would be dispatched at the time it came back into stock as they were currently out of stock. So those bases were sent out last week I believe. Given that they recalled the Dewbacks and they would.prioritise fixing that "Dewbackle" then that would mean they had an issue with the same bases that are used in TCW sets. It may be that it is all related and that the core sets hit a delay as a result of that.

Shhhhhh!! That's logical and has no place in these arguments