R3dReVenge

UPDATE: We will NOT be getting CW on October 4th!

Matt Holland,

"Well, I understand this is not the news the community wants, but all the same I wanted to pass along that we found out that the gun was jumped on the October 4 date yesterday. We did announce it to distributors, and then you guys, but the date has been pushed back. Should still be October, but in order to ensure product has time to arrive around the globe, it's going to be a least a couple of weeks later than I'd said yesterday. I'll update when I hear a more concrete date (and will quadruple-check it this time!) I apologize for the inconvenience and getting everyone all excited."

I predicted end of October. Looks like that will be the case.

#FFGfail

Edited by R3dReVenge

5 minutes ago, R3dReVenge said:

Watch them release the operatives before CW lol.

Wouldn't surprise me at this point.  I'm sure I'm just paranoid, but I don't get how the game runs fine until its the Clone Wars, and then suddenly its delay after delay, and a terrible release schedule.  

Just now, Alpha17 said:

Wouldn't surprise me at this point.  I'm sure I'm just paranoid, but I don't get how the game runs fine until its the Clone Wars, and then suddenly its delay after delay, and a terrible release schedule.  

It's a combination of bad management, planning, and communication. It's a shame, they've killed so much of the hype. I'll still be a customer, but I wouldn't be surprised if people abandon ship now.

3 minutes ago, R3dReVenge said:

Watch them release the operatives before CW lol.

As long as that isn't the cause of yet another delay, sure that's fine. 

But if they're going to do that THEN ANNOUNCE IT IN THE NEWS SECTION FIRST. Not all of us care to hunt down the latest tidbit of news from one of the plethora of social media pages. 

The early selling at GenCon is a bit more annoying now since I want to actually support my FLGS so waited for the official release. If I'd known it was going to be over two months I might have seen if anyone in my playgroup was willing to pick me up a starter... I do know the one or two locals who have the CW stuff are annoyed they can't use it in official events since they have to wait for the street release. 

Resellers will be making quite a LOT on eBay if any of them still have merchandise. 

Just now, Caimheul1313 said:

But if they're going to do that THEN ANNOUNCE IT IN THE NEWS SECTION FIRST. Not all of us care to hunt down the latest tidbit of news from one of the plethora of social media pages. 

The early selling at GenCon is a bit more annoying now since I want to actually support my FLGS so waited for the official release. If I'd known it was going to be over two months I might have seen if anyone in my playgroup was willing to pick me up a starter... I do know the one or two locals who have the CW stuff are annoyed they can't use it in official events since they have to wait for the street release. 

Resellers will be making quite a LOT on eBay if any of them still have merchandise. 

It's actually pretty easy. I joined the Facebook page yesterday and I opened facebook this morning while eating breakfast and his post popped up on my newsfeed. 

I was at Gencon for one day and they stopped selling the core set after the morning. I was to late..

1 minute ago, RyantheFett said:

On the bright side the giant gap between the release of Clone War releases is getting smaller every day........................... Well played FFG.

It would have worked out if they just told us end of October to begin with, or early Q4.

But yes, this will help prevent the loss of players once they form a CW playerbase. 

4 minutes ago, Caimheul1313 said:

I just checked, and didn't see any on eBay.  Be willing to bet most are gone by this point.  At least its making my investment a bit more worth while.

1 minute ago, RyantheFett said:

On the bright side the giant gap between the release of Clone War releases is getting smaller every day........................... Well played FFG.

That's true.  Not sure if that helps their case any, but it is true.

Well, unless all of the Q1 stuff gets delayed so we can get Special Forces versions of Luke and Vader, or some such crap. 

3 minutes ago, R3dReVenge said:

It's actually pretty easy. I joined the Facebook page yesterday and I opened facebook this morning while eating breakfast and his post popped up on my newsfeed. 

Many people don't have Facebook for various reasons, and some cannot access it on work networks. 

I do appreciate that you (and others) have shared the news from social media here, but I am of the opinion that FFG should at LEAST be posting this stuff in their own forums, if not the news section of their official site. I'll take what I can get though, this is still more information than normal. 

1 minute ago, Alpha17 said:

Side note, looks like the intern managing the "Upcoming Page" took one too many hits off the bong today:

if only

Ah, if only it were true. 

Ahahahaha. I truly love this page. It's like the abusive relationship I always wanted. I keep going back to it believing its lies and then it hurts me all over again. My friends/family tell me not to go back, but the page changed this time! Soon I will have to start telling neighbors that I broke my arm falling down the stairs (f.y.i. I got no stairs in my house).

2 minutes ago, ResoluteHusky said:

Fastest meme in the west

I'd be a top-tier memelord if I didn't have a fulltime job that required my attention. 

Just now, R3dReVenge said:

This cheered me up before seeing my first patient of the day. Peace.

Glad it helped mate, I use humor to cope too...

Edited by Darth Sanguis

4 minutes ago, Alpha17 said:

I just checked, and didn't see any on eBay.  Be willing to bet most are gone by this point.  At least its making my investment a bit more worth while.

That's true.  Not sure if that helps their case any, but it is true.

Well, unless all of the Q1 stuff gets delayed so we can get Special Forces versions of Luke and Vader, or some such crap. 

Yeah, the safest bet was to sell right away rather than gamble on FFG releasing it late. 

I bet the upcoming page (like the articles) are set to update automatically by the intern during their 1-2 hours of paid work a week. I still recall when the Rebel Trooper article went up with a wrong release date in the text. Kind of similar to how the forums are now with the CW stuff 😛

6 minutes ago, joewrightgm said:
16 minutes ago, Alpha17 said:

Good lord, that intern needs to be fired.

go home

We complained so much, they sent it clear back to development to teach us a lesson...

Good lord what kind of madness is this!?!?! At this point I am waiting for a post that says it will release in November or "super late Q3".

I may have been wrong about the abusive relationship, because I now think we walked into some hardcore S&M stuff. I really think we need a safe word at this point!