Hawkstrike

Twisted and Evil

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2019/9/17/twisted-and-evil/

I'm having a Monty Python moment with that 2-pip.

Imagine these lines, interspersed with heavy regulator breathing:

"The only thing I see is fear. Fear and dead men. The only two things I see are fear and dead men. And Ambition. The only three things I see are fear, dead men, and ambition. Oh, and terror ..."

49 minutes ago, Mep said:

Is it me, or with those command cards is FFG trying to make us recreate that final fight scene in Rogue One?

Combination of that and the portrayal of Vader in the Marvel comics in my opinion. They really showed him as earning the fear of the entire Rebellion.

Edited by Caimheul1313

18 minutes ago, Caimheul1313 said:

Combination of that and the portrayal of Vader in the Marvel comics in my opinion. They really showed him as earning the fear of the entire Rebellion.

I think Star Wars Rebels did a good job too. You can feel how even an elite rebel team is pretty much useless against him. Sabine gets injured and a Jedi Knight and his Padawan are almost killed. The only thing they could do, is escape.

22 hours ago, JediPartisan said:

I think Star Wars Rebels did a good job too. You can feel how even an elite rebel team is pretty much useless against him. Sabine gets injured and a Jedi Knight and his Padawan are almost killed. The only thing they could do, is escape.

Yeah, but when you see it that many times in all of its different sources, it starts to water down the fear you felt when he one hand- strangles the captain of the CR90 in Star Wars.  Now you just think, "that Vader chump can't do anything right, he can't catch a bunch of misfits, he can't find droids, he can't fly his space ship without crashing, Palpatine really had a lot of patience with that one"

1 hour ago, buckero0 said:

Yeah, but when you see it that many times in all of its different sources, it starts to water down the fear you felt when he one hand- strangles the captain of the CR90 in Star Wars.  Now you just think, "that Vader chump can't do anything right, he can't catch a bunch of misfits, he can't find droids, he can't fly his space ship without crashing, Palpatine really had a lot of patience with that one"

Or if done correctly he still brings the fear, but the hero that he faces is obviously of a much higher caliber than the people he normally kills in seconds. 

On 9/18/2019 at 12:50 AM, Hawkstrike said:

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2019/9/17/twisted-and-evil/

I'm having a Monty Python moment with that 2-pip.

Imagine these lines, interspersed with heavy regulator breathing:

"The only thing I see is fear. Fear and dead men. The only two things I see are fear and dead men. And Ambition. The only three things I see are fear, dead men, and ambition. Oh, and terror ..."

Well, there's Fear and Dead Men, Fear Sausage and Dead Men, Fear Bacon and Dead men, Fear Bacon Sausage and Dead Men, Fear Bacon Sausage and Fear, Fear Egg Fear Fear Bacon and Fear, Fear Sausage Fear Fear Bacon Fear Tomato and Fear

Fear Fear Fear Egg and Fear, Fear Fear Fear Fear Fear Fear Fear Baked Beans Fear Fear,

Or Lobster Thermidor au Crevette with a Mornay sauce served in a Provencale manner with shallots and aubergines garnished with truffle pate, brandy and with Dead Man on top and Fear

12 hours ago, buckero0 said:

Palpatine doesn't have the best history with apprentices anyway. Dooku has very similar missteps during the Clone Wars, not to mention Maul getting bisected by a Padawan. 

I'm liking the new poses for vader and luke. More options for players wholike different poses and feels. Also good for those who like to just paint them or set their collections up for looks or diaramas. A thumbs up from me.

On 9/19/2019 at 9:44 AM, buckero0 said:

Now you just think, "that Vader chump can't do anything right, he can't catch a bunch of misfits, he can't find droids, he can't fly his space ship without crashing, Palpatine really had a lot of patience with that one"

Perhaps that's why ol' Palps was looking to recruit Luke. 

"Look, frankly, your predecessor set a pretty low bar - you really couldn't fail to succeed in the role - you know, comparatively speaking. 

There's two weeks paid vacation, and free dental... 

... and of course, unlimited cybernetic limb replacement - since your bloodline seems to go in for that kind of thing.

So, what do you say? - are you ready to embrace the hate?"

10 hours ago, ABXY said:

The Imperials are British (more accurately English) and would get FOUR weeks vacation at a minimum. 

When I worked in London, on my first week at work HR told me I had four weeks vacation, paid sick and personal days, that didn’t count against the vacation days. Further I could roll two weeks of this to the next year.

While they have to deal with Brexit now, at the time I was thinking maybe the Revolutionary War for Independence was not that great an idea. 

11 hours ago, ABXY said:

Perhaps that's why ol' Palps was looking to recruit Luke. 

"Look, frankly, your predecessor set a pretty low bar - you really couldn't fail to succeed in the role - you know, comparatively speaking. 

... and of course, unlimited cybernetic limb replacement - since your bloodline seems to go in for that kind of thing.

So, what do you say? - are you ready to embrace the hate?"

That’s why there’s always two. If there’s ever three or more, they start killing each other in machinations/examples. 

3 hours ago, Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun said:

The Imperials are British (more accurately English)... 

The British Empire has always been a paragon of enlightenment and virtue - there's no way anything so malevolent and insidious as the depiction of Imperials could be based on them! Neverrrr!! 

;)

- - - 

Joking aside, I've haven't heard them compared to the British - Nazi's, Romans and even the Nixon administration, yes, but not British. 

Is there school of thought that posits the GCW as analogous to the AWI?! 

On 9/23/2019 at 8:18 PM, ABXY said:

The British Empire has always been a paragon of enlightenment and virtue - there's no way anything so malevolent and insidious as the depiction of Imperials could be based on them! Neverrrr!! 

;)

- - - 

Joking aside, I've haven't heard them compared to the British - Nazi's, Romans and even the Nixon administration, yes, but not British. 

Is there school of thought that posits the GCW as analogous to the AWI?! 

On 9/24/2019 at 7:47 AM, Caimheul1313 said:

@ABXY alternately, the "Imperials are British" could be more in reference to the fact that the high command was played by British actors.

Case in point,  this was in the London news regrading Brexit  🤣

zjpyjly5vro31.jpg