Sign in to follow this  
Rokian

Miranda´s chance

Since the start of x wing 2.0 most of the k wings have not been seeing some gameplay. ( only 4 generic , but this is not that good )

So , where you would use Miranda and what types of ship that she would fit better?

I made this initial build for miranda, with this she can survive more and cause more damage since she will have action economy:

Miranda Doni — BTL-S8 K-Wing 43
Plasma Torpedoes 9
Magva Yarro 8
Gerador de Bombas Fragmentadas 5
Angled Deflectors 6
Ship Total: 71

Half Points: 36 Threshold: 4

OBS : I feel more that the game would need a new type of missile that use calculate  and works like cluster , but the bonus attack doesn´  t come from the missile but from your  turret , this would do a lot for chiwie, miranda and leebo . On the other hand, something that could make you perform an attack after a slam (maybe with the cost of a red dice ) would fit really well with miranda  ,escape arcs,  make a shot with 0 dice , recovery 1 shield ( and if  have a lot of points maybe use hotshot gunner )   , right now slam is lame for the k wing, and this action started with this ship.

Im trying this:

Wedge Antilles (55)    
    Crack Shot (1)    
    R2 Astromech (4)    
    Servomotor S-Foils (0)    

Ship total: 60  Half Points: 30  Threshold: 3    

Luke Skywalker (62)    
    Proton Torpedoes (13)    
    R2-D2 (5)    
    Servomotor S-Foils (0)    

Ship total: 80  Half Points: 40  Threshold: 3    

Miranda Doni (43)    
    Barrage Rockets (8)    
    Bomblet Generator (5)    
    Advanced SLAM (3)    

Ship total: 59  Half Points: 30  Threshold: 5    

Total: 199    

Its pretty straight forward, hit, run, recover a shield, turn around, repeat.

20 hours ago, Cpdio said:

Miranda Doni (43)    
    Barrage Rockets (8)    
    Bomblet Generator (5)    
    Advanced SLAM (3)    

Ship total: 59  Half Points: 30  Threshold: 5    

Which action you usually do with slam? 

The only thing that comes in my mind usually is target lock or reload...

One more info : You can double tap with torpedos /missiles if you use han solo gunner! , it is a good gunner but too expensive .... 

(any force user can get a tap at i7 for 3 points ... and for the double tap you have to pay for the missile / torpedo anyway , it is expensive, but works )

Edited by Rokian
adding info about han gunner

I'd like to try Miranda, mainly been playing Esege. 

Is her ability good now though? Can't see 1 shield being massive if you have to reduce your one available attack to get it. 1.0 was different with TLT, easier bombing and all that jazz.

26 minutes ago, ayedubbleyoo said:

I'd like to try Miranda, mainly been playing Esege. 

Is her ability good now though? Can't see 1 shield being massive if you have to reduce your one available attack to get it. 1.0 was different with TLT, easier bombing and all that jazz.

Well , not easier ,  I have this model that try to copy what miranda did in 1.0 :

Miranda Doni (43)    
    Diamond-Boron Missiles (6)    
    Han Solo (14)    
    Sabine Wrenr (3)    
    Proton Bombs (5)    
    Hull Upgrade (3)    

Ship total: 74  Half Points: 37  Threshold: 5    

Total: 74    

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0: https://raithos.github.io/?f=Rebel Alliance&d=v8ZsZ200Z17XW238WW84W30W69WW164&sn=Unnamed Squadron&obs=

As you can see , not cheap , and wouldn´  t fit well with heavy dash ( unless you give up the title on dash, that is expensive as **** , so it is ok i guess  )

You will recover 1 shield at i7 , make sure that you have 1 shot  from the missiles at i4 .

Use bomb Whenever you  have a chance to hit an enemy and use Sabine to keep the fire power.

( the problems : Miranda doesn´  t have u turn so it is hard to keep on the front arc, she expensive this way , doesnt have any tricks with the bomb , aces can destroy her fast and aces are heavy in the meta now)

Edited by Rokian
corrected freelance slicer for Sabine

On 9/16/2019 at 11:38 AM, Rokian said:

Which action you usually do with slam? 

The only thing that comes in my mind usually is target lock or reload...

One more info : You can double tap with torpedos /missiles if you use han solo gunner! , it is a good gunner but too expensive .... 

(any force user can get a tap at i7 for 3 points ... and for the double tap you have to pay for the missile / torpedo anyway , it is expensive, but works )

I used adv Slam to reload my bombs without loosing any shield. For some reason (Wedge and Luke) Miranda is never the key target, that give her the freedom to go around the table shooting stuff and dropping bombs.

idk if it is a competitive list but its a pretty fun list to fly.