Sign in to follow this  
Mimi61

Which investigators will you choose for Dream-Eaters

In the past mostly it was a way to thematically and/or mechanically group cards. In Arkham Horror they've definitely been taking advantage of those traits in the rules text more than usual, which I think is great.  I wouldn't expect every trait to matter though.  I really like that TCU put traits in some of the triggers for the resolution text.  I hope they do more of that going forward.

I wonder if any of the card traits will carry over int investigator abilities at some point in other ways..

For instance, will Hank have Bold with an ability that allows him to ignore an enemy attack/damage/horror if it occurs during his first action?

Or perhaps, we'll see a Paradox traited investigator (Agatha? Gloria?) that can cancel a token pull or something.

Edited by Soakman

I liked that element in the resolution too, partly because it was so unexpected. I had never really paid attention to my investigator traits beyond the obvious.  Although without spoiling, we did have the trait necessary to do something very satisfying, which we did, but though there was follow up for other things, there wasn’t for that. Kind of a bummer. I guess there wasn’t much else to say.
I even would welcome a surprise encounter or location card that interacted with certain traits. I’ve never really seen anything happen with the blessed trait either other than Father Mateo deck build, unless I have spaced it. 
I would love to see more things trigger various investigator traits. I guess sometimes they are built in to the investigator, like the explore with Leo or Father Mateo performing an exorcism on Auto Fail and blessing it to become an Elder sign.  
And since I seem to be obsessed with the cursed trait, there are at least 2 cursed investigators too. And another cursed weapon assest in Hotel. (Cue creepy organ music) 

Edited by Mimi61

Currently me and a friend have settled on teams of Tommy/Mandy and Patrice/Tony, since we like how all the new investigators look so far. Most likely Patrice and Tony are going to be the Dreamlands team (he wants to give Patrice all of the cats)

2 hours ago, CaffeineAddict said:

I'm looking forward to trying out Mandy, Tony and Tommy. Not sure how I'll do use them up yet. I do want to play the cats, though.

You could houserule her deckbuilding options to allow for Cats lvl 0-5. As an additinal rule to balance it out: No cards with the trait Dog

Is there confirmation that you have have to use different investigators for dream and waking worlds? 

They said you could play Dream Eaters as 2 four part campaigns or 1 eight part. If you do the latter, I'm assuming there is a way to play one investigator right through? 

We just “test played” the first scenario, because we just aren’t sure which investigators we wanted in the dream world. The XP was actually very generous in comparison to normal scenarios. So hopefully they are compensating for that. 
We are shelving it and playing RtPoC until we are further down the line with Mythos pack releases. I’m pretty sure I would forget what happened to each group over the course of two months between! 

Edited by Mimi61

5 hours ago, Magnito said:

Is there confirmation that you have have to use different investigators for dream and waking worlds? 

They said you could play Dream Eaters as 2 four part campaigns or 1 eight part. If you do the latter, I'm assuming there is a way to play one investigator right through? 

We got ours today and read through the rules. Basically you have 3 ways to play it. As a four part “A scenario” dream world campaign with one investigator per player, or a four part “B scenario” waking world campaign with one investigator per player. Or A and B eight part campaign with one investigator for the dreaming and one investigator for the waking world per player. The Mythos packs will release A and B etc. So no you can’t have the same investigator go through the eight part campaign. The chaos bags will also be different for each group, but you can track it easily.

Edited by Mimi61

On 9/15/2019 at 7:20 PM, Soakman said:

And lastly, if my group is open to it, I may choose my waking world character to be one of my custom creations I need to fine-tune. He's a young boy and part of the Sheldon Gang, but accidentally 'acquires' the Silver Key from a woman he comes to think may be his mother (she turns out to be a Silver Twilight Cultist). Long story short, he has the Silver Key which is interesting theme-wise, but I am betting we'll see Matt's version of the Silver Key somewhere along our Dream-travels.

I know this post was a million years ago, but how did Edmund turn out? I also seem to remember that you also were looking for test players recently. We would be interested, if that is still an option. 

On 3/7/2020 at 2:15 AM, Mimi61 said:

I know this post was a million years ago, but how did Edmund turn out? I also seem to remember that you also were looking for test players recently. We would be interested, if that is still an option. 

Thanks for asking Mimi! 

I'm actually very close to submitting scenario 1 of my campaign that I'm working on. I'm just working on some typo clean-up and I think it'll be good to go. I've gotten mostly positive feedback on the most recent version. You are more than welcome to give it a run through and let me know what you think. I like reading your posts and analysis of cards etc, and I would be grateful. I'll pm you the print&play files after i read through them gain for final typos.

I actually didn't use Edmund in the campaign because we already had a rogue and with double the investigator decks, the cross-over made it difficult to keep building/changing decks. But I think balance-wise, he's in a good place. I designed him prior to Finn, but they fill similar roles. I don't know when/if I'll be releasing updates to my custom investigators because there are just a small handful of the 8 that I'm struggling with. There are probably 3 or so that just don't feel right. There's nothing wrong with them, but they don't feel like they offer a solid identity to the pilot.

Anyway, I'll pm you the scenario print and play files later today. I have TTS (table top simulator) but I still haven't fully worked out how to design a scenario mod on there.