Sign in to follow this  
Synel

Vader + Decimator in Hyperspace

I’m interested in the new precognitive reflexes and what this could mean for Vader pilot. So, I slapped this list together. Not tested, simmed, or anything. Just basic theory crafting. Interested in what You all think of it. It’s certainly not perfect, but “what’s sill wrong” and “where are it’s weak points” are the questions in mind before I’m able to actually try it out later.

TIE Advanced x1 - •Darth Vader - 89
    •Darth Vader - Black Leader (67)
        Fire-Control System (2)
        Proton Rockets (7)
        Precognitive Reflexes (13)

VT-49 Decimator - •Rear Admiral Chiraneau - 110
    •Rear Admiral Chiraneau - Advisor to Admiral Piett (76)
        Tactical Officer (6)
        •Grand Inquisitor (14)
        Proton Bombs (5)
        •Fifth Brother (9)

Total: 199/200

View in the X-Wing Squad Builder

Edited by Synel

I agree on the comment about prockets, not necessarily, about PreCog.  It's a lot of points, but I think it's worth testing out.

Removing prockets could afford you the title, as well as a solid bid.  Vader likes a bid.  If you keep precog, than I would say you don't need tac officer.  Ideally, you're using that to keep Vader from bumping, so he can get actions anyway, and Vader can force for more actions. 

Depending on how you fly this list, lone wolf could work very well on RAC.

49 minutes ago, Biggsy_boy said:

I agree on the comment about prockets, not necessarily, about PreCog.  It's a lot of points, but I think it's worth testing out.

Removing prockets could afford you the title, as well as a solid bid.  Vader likes a bid.  If you keep precog, than I would say you don't need tac officer.  Ideally, you're using that to keep Vader from bumping, so he can get actions anyway, and Vader can force for more actions. 

Depending on how you fly this list, lone wolf could work very well on RAC.

But if you use Precog you don't get anymore actions that activation, right? So Vader in particular is sad that he can't use his ability. I keep listbuilding with precog but never feel comfortable enough to leave it in. A Coordinate in the squad definitely helps though.

1 hour ago, connivingmole said:

But if you use Precog you don't get anymore actions that activation, right? So Vader in particular is sad that he can't use his ability. I keep listbuilding with precog but never feel comfortable enough to leave it in. A Coordinate in the squad definitely helps though.

This is why I was looking at tac officer. He adds the white coord, which THEN means that it’s fair game for Grand Inquisitor to trigger at start of engagement. So, backing up... theoretically: dial in a blue move for Vader. Rac moves - choose an option that leads him to circle the fight - he reinforces. Vader precogs and boosts, if need be. Clears strain with blue, no more actions because of PR. Engagement: GI coordinate barrel roll+Vader Force to lock, solving the bid problem a little bit. A situational example, but one nonetheless. Requires VERY good planning and eyeballing, however. Still haven’t had a chance to test it irl, and Fly Casual doesnt have PR yet.

I can let go of Prockets. (Just haven’t tried them on Vader and was going to feel it out.) The title and GI both on RAC is counter-synergistic. Dauntless would be 4 pts of “Insurance” I might never use (I play lots of Decimator so I understand that it DOES come in handy sometimes). And if I do, it cancels GI. With two force users, I essentially have a focus, so maybe the title isn’t so bad to add for that occasional traffic jam.

Lone Wolf is definitely good on rac in two ship lists.

Fitting another ship in is definitely an attractive idea, too.

Thanks, everyone!