Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Stormbourne

force from destiny (Beta)

Recommended Posts

House ruling that i made cause of the posts that are unhappy with the current force system, that i agree with to an extent.
This is an attempt to make the force less of a additional aspect that has been added on to the core of FFGSW and as stated in the title i am doing this by merging force and destiny more into one. Now this might get a bit messy to keep track of but im sure people will find ways of doing so

When creating the destiny pool each non-force user roles a single dice and adds to the pool a single token regardless of how many are shown on the dice, while force users rolls dice equal to their FR and add the full value to the pool, i suggest using the dice to mark this as any doubles generated cannot be split and used individually.
When anyone uses destiny or activates a FP they may use any combination of dice and tokens up to at least the required amount of a talent/sig-ability, or their FR (doubles are still counted as one dice), once they have chosen they will re-roll a dice for each used and add the results back to the destiny pool (tokens->tokens, dice->dice).
If someone would commit a FD they would take that number of tokens or dice from those they re-rolled, if not then the pool, and keep them until they where uncommitted

some examples:
a Hired Gun Demolitionist rolls (DD) but only adds (Dt) to the destiny pool
a Consular sage has a FR of 3 rolls (LL)(D)(D) and adds that as it stands to the pool
a Soldier Vanguard/FS emergent rolls (DD) and adds it to the pool
the results are a pool of (Dt)(D)(D)(DD)(LL)

When the Soldier uses Farsight they use the (LL) to get the base power and 1 duration they then re-roll the dice and add it results back to the pool resulting in (LL)
later the Demolitionist activates the time to go talent but need to us the (LL) to do so afterwards they roll a (L)
finally the consular sneaks into an imperial facility using misdirect to help cloak themselves they decide to use the (Dt)(DD) and (L) re-rolling them into (Lt)(LL)(L) dedicating the token and the (L)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Stormbourne said:

House ruling that i made cause of the posts that are unhappy with the current force system, that i agree with to an extent.
This is an attempt to make the force less of a additional aspect that has been added on to the core of FFGSW

It wasn't "added on to the core", it was built in from the start with this setup in mind.  It's not a bug, it's a feature.

15 minutes ago, Stormbourne said:

When creating the destiny pool each non-force user roles a single dice and adds to the pool a single token regardless of how many are shown on the dice, while force users rolls dice equal to their FR and add the full value to the pool, i suggest using the dice to mark this as any doubles generated cannot be split and used individually.

Destiny Points have nothing to actually do with the Force, as evidenced by the non-Force users rolling as well. They just use that dice for the mechanic because the numbers are never more than 2, thus it keeps the Destiny Pool at a manageable level.   4-5 Destiny Points, assuming you have 4 players and 1 GM, is more than enough to provide constant shuffling of odds for the table.  You don't need a massive pool to work with, because a good GM will make a point to flip a DP regularly, for extra drama, and to constantly allow the PCs points to also play with.  

19 minutes ago, Stormbourne said:

When anyone uses destiny or activates a FP they may use any combination of dice and tokens up to at least the required amount of a talent/sig-ability, or their FR (doubles are still counted as one dice), once they have chosen they will re-roll a dice for each used and add the results back to the destiny pool (tokens->tokens, dice->dice).
If someone would commit a FD they would take that number of tokens or dice from those they re-rolled, if not then the pool, and keep them until they where uncommitted

some examples:
a Hired Gun Demolitionist rolls (DD) but only adds (Dt) to the destiny pool
a Consular sage has a FR of 3 rolls (LL)(D)(D) and adds that as it stands to the pool
a Soldier Vanguard/FS emergent rolls (DD) and adds it to the pool
the results are a pool of (Dt)(D)(D)(DD)(LL)

When the Soldier uses Farsight they use the (LL) to get the base power and 1 duration they then re-roll the dice and add it results back to the pool resulting in (LL)
later the Demolitionist activates the time to go talent but need to us the (LL) to do so afterwards they roll a (L)
finally the consular sneaks into an imperial facility using misdirect to help cloak themselves they decide to use the (Dt)(DD) and (L) re-rolling them into (Lt)(LL)(L) dedicating the token and the (L)

This makes zero sense to me at a glance.  Partly because I don't really see the need to change the system, but also because I honestly don't understand your shorthand.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Desslok said:

Can I get a translator to help me through this word salad?

I think that, basically, that you roll your full Force rating at the start of a session, and put it in the Destiny Pool. And it is important to remember what everybody rolled exactly, because apparently there's important differences between a die showing two white pips and two dice showing one white pip.

And then you never roll for Force rating ever again. Whenever you need Force points, you just take some of the pre-rolled dice from the Destiny Pool, use the rolled results, and reroll the die or dice you used and add it back to the pool.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, micheldebruyn said:

I think that, basically, that you roll your full Force rating at the start of a session, and put it in the Destiny Pool. And it is important to remember what everybody rolled exactly, because apparently there's important differences between a die showing two white pips and two dice showing one white pip.

And then you never roll for Force rating ever again. Whenever you need Force points, you just take some of the pre-rolled dice from the Destiny Pool, use the rolled results, and reroll the die or dice you used and add it back to the pool.

 

this is a decent TL;DR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...