F0RGED

Clone Wars Units Shipping?

1 minute ago, Uchidan1 said:

I am literally ordering a copy on Ebay right now. I am not waiting for FFG anymore. I'll consider paying the extra amount as an "FFG frustration fee"

I mean, this whole kerfuffle is making me glad I did.  At least I've got some actual Clone Wars stuff to play around with right now.  

15 minutes ago, Alpha17 said:

Sounds like there wasn't a problem until there was...  On the plus side, Matt is at least trying.  Gotta give him props for that. 

My boss doesn't give me props for trying and so don't I. Only children get props for trying...

I just can't take them serious when they say "they recently realized" 2 weeks before end of Q3 that it will be delayed.

They knew that way longer but didn't want to tell us, cause they hoped there is still a possibility to release in Q3. That way noone would've noticed they f*** up.

But, for the love of God, be honest and tell us you f*** up. Stop that "we recently realized" BS. That's insulting, does FFG really think we're that stupid?

Edited by Staelwulf

3 minutes ago, Staelwulf said:

They knew that way longer but didn't want to tell us, cause they hoped there is still a possibility to release in Q3. That way noone would've noticed they f*** up.

But, for the love of God, be honest and tell us you f*** up. Stop that "we recently realized" BS. That's insulting, does FFG really think we're that stupid?

I mean, I agree with you on that.  I'm giving him props for actually bothering to tell us anything, though it would have been more appreciated if it had been done a few weeks ago.  At least now we know not to expect it this month, which was more than I could have said this morning.  

And, as a side note, it really isn't Matt's job to give us updates; he's with Organized Play, but is pretty awesome in that he does try to communicate with players.  Unless he's dual hatted, him being the one to tell us anything is a failure on FFG's part, but props to him personally. 

11 minutes ago, Staelwulf said:

My boss doesn't give me props for trying and so don't I. Only children get props for trying...

I just can't take them serious when they say "they recently realized" 2 weeks before end of Q3 that it will be delayed.

Well I am

10 minutes ago, Alpha17 said:

I mean, I agree with you on that.  I'm giving him props for actually bothering to tell us anything, though it would have been more appreciated if it had been done a few weeks ago.  At least now we know not to expect it this month, which was more than I could have said this morning.  

And, as a side note, it really isn't Matt's job to give us updates; he's with Organized Play, but is pretty awesome in that he does try to communicate with players.  Unless he's dual hatted, him being the one to tell us anything is a failure on FFG's part, but props to him personally. 

Yeah a few weeks earlier would have been nice, so I could have ordered on ebay quicker....

2 minutes ago, Uchidan1 said:

Yeah a few weeks earlier would have been nice, so I could have ordered on ebay quicker....

On the plus side, prices have come down a bit since I ordered mine, so it's not a total waste.  

17 minutes ago, TheHoosh said:

on the minus side you are paying extra to only have it a couple weeks early

A couple weeks? Yeah, if we have learned anything from this is that you cannot predict when this will arrive. So, you saying a "couple of weeks" could be a couple of months. Who knows!

I had originally made the post on the FB page asking if we can learn anything regarding the delay (had to work around it as not to ask for the release date to tick off the Mods) and stated not everyone would be happy, but many would be relieved that some information is out there.

I deleted the post eventually as many were making irrelevant posts.

As stated by someone earlier here, it is not Matt's fault that this has occured, but I did ask for some form of communication of FFG on their FB page, and he did provide. I can't be upset about that.

I can personally wait as I have pre-ordered everything, and have nothing to do. That, and I am a master at wasting time. 😅

15 minutes ago, Shadowshand said:

I had originally made the post on the FB page asking if we can learn anything regarding the delay (had to work around it as not to ask for the release date to tick off the Mods) and stated not everyone would be happy, but many would be relieved that some information is out there.

I deleted the post eventually as many were making irrelevant posts.

As stated by someone earlier here, it is not Matt's fault that this has occured, but I did ask for some form of communication of FFG on their FB page, and he did provide. I can't be upset about that.

I can personally wait as I have pre-ordered everything, and have nothing to do. That, and I am a master at wasting time. 😅

All I wanted was a date. Didn't get it, but now I can expect October based on what they've said. 

So CW stuff isn’t out until the first week in Oct (probably), but is there anything coming out this month?

It just seems that FFG was pumping out a one a month release for a little over a year with a fair amount of reliability, then suddenly they fell apart.

What was supposed to come out in October, or how about November or December? It just seems like last year, we knew what was coming. It’s not just the releases that are all screwed up, but the articles.

Sorry, I’m just salty about hearing my CW stuff I paid for months ago and was announced over a year ago, was just delayed again.🥺

And yeah this is another delay, remember Alex & Luke did mention that LFL contacted them and said, we need you to produce GCW stuff now, and to which they said, “ok, but we’re trying to put out some CW stuff right now.” I’m sure that at the very least LFL is the reason that Rex, Dooku, etc were so spaced out in release date from the core set release. Thanks LFL.😏🤨

Or did I miss something?😳

1 minute ago, JediPartisan said:

So CW stuff isn’t out until the first week in Oct (probably), but is there anything coming out this month?

It just seems that FFG was pumping out a one a month release for a little over a year with a fair amount of reliability, then suddenly they fell apart.

What was supposed to come out in October, or how about November or December? It just seems like last year, we knew what was coming. It’s not just the releases that are all screwed up, but the articles.

Sorry, I’m just salty about hearing my CW stuff I paid for months ago and was announced over a year ago, was just delayed again.🥺

And yeah this is another delay, remember Alex & Luke did mention that LFL contacted them and said, we need you to produce GCW stuff now, and to which they said, “ok, but we’re trying to put out some CW stuff right now.” I’m sure that at the very least LFL is the reason that Rex, Dooku, etc were so spaced out in release date from the core set release. Thanks LFL.😏🤨

Or did I miss something?😳

My guess is end of October. I heard that B1s, BAARCs, and droidikas were shipping today, so I bet we see these in a few weeks. Core set and Phase 1s are still on the boat, or whatever that means. 

I'm salty too, but now my expectations are much lower for FFG. I'll know better next time. 

5 minutes ago, R3dReVenge said:

My guess is end of October. I heard that B1s, BAARCs, and droidikas were shipping today, so I bet we see these in a few weeks. Core set and Phase 1s are still on the boat, or whatever that means. 

I'm salty too, but now my expectations are much lower for FFG. I'll know better next time. 

Unfortunately I ordered three core sets to try to save money in the long run (individual expansions are more expensive), so I’m totally screwed.🥺😭😢

Sorry, hard to deal wth when your temp is 102.🤒 Well guess I can’t play any way. Silver lining?

2 hours ago, Staelwulf said:

it's like with the SSD for Armada. it was as always given a 3 month release schedule then with around a week left in the quarter they put out an article saying oops sorry it's delayed... six months...... like c'mon man you knew this at least 8 weeks ago when this wasn't on a boat.... 

This has all happened before, and it will all happen again.  Just be glad it's not the super star disaster for armada, that was a 9 month delay with almost no communication.

FFG has a long running track record for not making release dates.  The fact that they have gone this far with only a few stumbles in legion releases is really quite impressive.

My wallet appreciates the delays even if I do not.

4 minutes ago, Jukey said:

This has all happened before, and it will all happen again.  Just be glad it's not the super star disaster for armada, that was a 9 month delay with almost no communication.

FFG has a long running track record for not making release dates.  The fact that they have gone this far with only a few stumbles in legion releases is really quite impressive.

My wallet appreciates the delays even if I do not.

Are you and Church getting into this one soon?

Edited by Glucose98

I'm disheartened. Was expecting to get the boxes this month, assemble, paint and get ready to play by October 10th... but now it seems I'll have to start all of that BY October 10th :(

Well, at least Mr. Holland came forth to tell us the news. I'd like to get FFG being more talkative about their issues.

2 hours ago, JediPartisan said:

Unfortunately I ordered three core sets to try to save money in the long run (individual expansions are more expensive), so I’m totally screwed.🥺😭😢

Sorry, hard to deal wth when your temp is 102.🤒 Well guess I can’t play any way. Silver lining?

This is why I don’t preorder unless preordering gets me additional content or my stuff early. 

FFG did a good job disappointing everyone. 

Disappointed because you didn’t get your plastic toys? 

It'll arrive soon. And hey, now you wont have to wait too long for the next wave of stuff :P 

@JediPartisan It’s been less than six months since they announced it at adepticon. We’ve probably got a month or so left and then the great wait is over! 

9 hours ago, R3dReVenge said:

This is why I don’t preorder unless preordering gets me additional content or my stuff early. 

FFG did a good job disappointing everyone. 

Unfortunately, if I want my plastic space army men, I've got to preorder everything.  The local stores will not order in enough stuff for everyone otherwise; they don't want a back log.  This is extremely disappointing in cases like this, where a couple hundred dollars is tied up in products that I haven't a clue when they'll release. 

On 9/14/2019 at 8:46 AM, Alpha17 said:

Unfortunately, if I want my plastic space army men, I've got to preorder everything.  The local stores will not order in enough stuff for everyone otherwise; they don't want a back log.  This is extremely disappointing in cases like this, where a couple hundred dollars is tied up in products that I haven't a clue when they'll release. 

I once had $400 tied up in a pistol for 9 months that was supposed to take “4-8 weeks maybe longer”. So I figured 16 weeks conservatively? Ha ha. 

I once had $209 tied up for over a year when I ordered a handgonne barrel that was supposed to be “30 days or more”. 

Don’t even get me going on Hasbro’s re-issue of 1978 Kenner SW guys as a Target exclusive. Talk about a botched release, Target put them in MENSWEAR instead of toys then got rid of them as soon as Father’s Day promotions ended. Employees scalped them all on eBay soon after.

I once paid for a $300 sword and the computer lost my order for months: they’d get more in, sell them to other people, get a few more in, sell them, etc. I had to call repeatedly to get my order shipped and watch their website for when it listed that sword as being in stock. 

It’s not FFG. It’s all hobby stuff. 

Edited by TauntaunScout