F0RGED

Clone Wars Units Shipping?

9 minutes ago, manoftomorrow010 said:

The bigger concern for me is that since Asmodee/FFG changed their store interface a week or so ago, it no longer shows my Clone Wars preorders. I've contacted CustServ about it, but received no reply.

That is completely fair, hopefully it works out for you!

I can't for the life of me figure out why they have such a crazy system now with Legion. The SKU order seems much better and would have fixed some of issues we got now.

I would be okay if they at least say the order now cause with R2 being thrown to next year who know what goes where now. Cause all we have for this year is Vader/Luke, the bunker, and new weapon attachments now? I'm betting they switch up the order and we get Rex/Dooku sometime this year? Think that would really help the diversity of the new factions. Throw in the two unknowns (not sure how I feel about the rumors) and we got pure chaos.

Guess its still better then the Armada situation, but I don't see how saying a guesstimate release date and then pushing stuff back because of shipping is worse then what is happening now?

2 minutes ago, RyantheFett said:

I can't for the life of me figure out why they have such a crazy system now with Legion. The SKU order seems much better and would have fixed some of issues we got now.

I would be okay if they at least say the order now cause with R2 being thrown to next year who know what goes where now. Cause all we have for this year is Vader/Luke, the bunker, and new weapon attachments now? I'm betting they switch up the order and we get Rex/Dooku sometime this year? Think that would really help the diversity of the new factions. Throw in the two unknowns (not sure how I feel about the rumors) and we got pure chaos.

Guess its still better then the Armada situation, but I don't see how saying a guesstimate release date and then pushing stuff back because of shipping is worse then what is happening now?

This isn't new to FFG/Asmodee and isn't specific to Legion. FFG has always posted only the expected Quarter/Year of a release, don't typically openly communicate delays and don't posted specific dates, only announcing on the day of the release. That's just how they have chosen to do business, and I doubt it's changing anytime soon. 

Given FFG frequently delays products, announcing dates would be no more useful than the current system, since we would know to ignore them most of the time, waiting for the practically inevitable delay.

Just now, Djaskim609 said:

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, I'll say WTF are my Deeeewwwwwwwwbacks?

If you are in the US, they are in a warehouse in Minnesota getting the bases replaced with ones of the correct size. I'd imagine there are other warehouses around the world with the same activity happening.

14 hours ago, R3dReVenge said:

If they are on the boat then that means 2 weeks out?

Clone Wars has been on the boat since early June I think.  

On the boat can mean a lot of things.  Literally, the container could be loaded on the boat that then sits waiting clearance to depart for weeks.  Then spend weeks at sea.  Then spend a few more weeks waiting for a docking berth.  And then the container might spend even more weeks before customs clears it.  And that's all before you throw in any chaos from the tariffs.  

6 minutes ago, kingbobb said:

Clone Wars has been on the boat since early June I think.  

On the boat can mean a lot of things.  Literally, the container could be loaded on the boat that then sits waiting clearance to depart for weeks.  Then spend weeks at sea.  Then spend a few more weeks waiting for a docking berth.  And then the container might spend even more weeks before customs clears it.  And that's all before you throw in any chaos from the tariffs.  

It can also means FFG just hasn't gotten around to updating the page.

In one case "On the Boat" actually meant: "Being re-written as two seperate books, destroying the initial print run that was being transported, and finally released almost a year later."

Edited by Caimheul1313

1 hour ago, Caimheul1313 said:

If you are in the US, they are in a warehouse in Minnesota getting the bases replaced with ones of the correct size. I'd imagine there are other warehouses around the world with the same activity happening.

Thank you. Now if they would kindly just hurry up. I'm sure they know that some of us nerds aren't patient. Lol. 

34 minutes ago, Djaskim609 said:

Thank you. Now if they would kindly just hurry up. I'm sure they know that some of us nerds aren't patient. Lol. 

Well, depending on how they are handling the situation, they have to open EVERY crate and then either attach the correct base to the outside, OR open each box, remove the wrong base, put the right base in, then reseal the boxes. I'd imagine they have to wait on a shipment of bases unless they happen to have enough just sitting around. 

35 minutes ago, Caimheul1313 said:

Well, depending on how they are handling the situation, they have to open EVERY crate and then either attach the correct base to the outside, OR open each box, remove the wrong base, put the right base in, then reseal the boxes. I'd imagine they have to wait on a shipment of bases unless they happen to have enough just sitting around. 

This. And it is not easy/fast when your crew has other work they still have to get done too. 

Rex and Dooku were also updated to 'on the boat' along with unit expansions and operatives but their preview article said Q1 2020 while the latter is Q4. Maybe we get them early?

Why did no one ask Andrew about the upcoming page on the AMA. I feel like we missed a good chance. 

"on the boat" gets extra worse during hurricane season. If it comes into Savannah (which would be likely for Minn) Then Hurricanes can put off these boats for weeks depending on a lot of factors. 

My guess: 

All this stuff is on the same boat in different containers. FFG just popped open some containers yesterday and all the items that are now marked "shipping now" were on those containers. They will likely get a few more containers today and tomorrow and will update accordingly. Or not update at all and still open the containers. :D

19 minutes ago, codytx2 said:

Rex and Dooku were also updated to 'on the boat' along with unit expansions and operatives but their preview article said Q1 2020 while the latter is Q4. Maybe we get them early?

Anything is possible, but as mentioned before, the Upcoming page is only slightly more accurate than consulting the intestines of a Porg. 

24 minutes ago, Djaskim609 said:

Yeah, I totally get that. When I heard about the problem, I was thinking that it would add another month or so. And I'm not even done painting my shores yet, so I shouldn't be complaining. 

A month is optimistic especially since in addition to worker time, there is a space constraint. Warehouses that aren't packed to the rafters are losing money. Shouldn't be as bad as the "Fall of the Republic" source book, that one took almost a year to go from "On the Boat" to "Shipping."

Conspiracy theorist time!!!!

I wonder if the mouse had some say in what gets released when?? In the recent interview they said that they were asked to do some more OT stuff. Seems like that was always the plan, but they maybe had to switch up the entire order to get them out sooner. The numbers of Rex(46) and Dooku(45) sort of hint that maybe they should have come out before Vader (57) and Luke (56). If the leaks were true then Cassian and Idea also seem like more "request" for products they want to push since it feels like the original idea was to switch more to Clone Wars.

Which is not all together a bad thing. Armada got some info from the mouse on what the Starhawk looked like and pretty much got to explain where all those super lasers in 9 will come from. X-wing could have used that love years ago for episode 7 ships. Will be interesting if they do have a closer working relationship now.

I just noticed that the corps upgrades for GCW are “on the boat”, whereas the CW corps upgrades still say “in development “.

I thought these were all due before the end of the year?

So with the change of the Escape Pod to 2020, and now probably even the CW corps upgrades, CW can expect nothing new until 2020?

My current emotions (yep there are five and they kinda happen in stages) > 🤣🤬🥺😥😶

3 hours ago, JediPartisan said:

I just noticed that the corps upgrades for GCW are “on the boat”, whereas the CW corps upgrades still say “in development “.

I thought these were all due before the end of the year?

So with the change of the Escape Pod to 2020, and now probably even the CW corps upgrades, CW can expect nothing new until 2020?

My current emotions (yep there are five and they kinda happen in stages) > 🤣🤬🥺😥😶

It's funny because you can find users telling me that their will be plenty of content after the CW release leading up till Jan 1st.

I was skeptical then and now I'm certain now lol.

14 minutes ago, R3dReVenge said:

It's funny because you can find users telling me that their will be plenty of content after the CW release leading up till Jan 1st.

CW content? I hope so.🤞

But just saying “content”, could also mean there will be plenty of GCW content. Afaik there is the Bunker, Luke & Vader, and there may be one more unannounced unit. I think there is one missing sku and guessing from Alex Davy’s comment on Notorious Scoundrels (“Another droid pair will be coming”), I’d say it’s probably 0-0-0 & BT-1 (that’s just totally a guess), but unless something changes all other CW content looks to be coming in early 2020.

But I really hope I’m wrong about the CW stuff.🥺

10 hours ago, manoftomorrow010 said:

The bigger concern for me is that since Asmodee/FFG changed their store interface a week or so ago, it no longer shows my Clone Wars preorders. I've contacted CustServ about it, but received no reply.

If you check your profile drop down in the new UI, it lists the option to look at your previous profile. The pre-Orders you set up prior to the profile change are all still listed there. 

22 hours ago, KommanderKeldoth said:

Like those Legion battle mats that got announced a while ago. What ever happened to those?

I kinda wonder if they weren't put on the back burner after how piss poor everyone's reactions were to the first set.  I get that a few people on here want them, but it really doesn't seem like the official FFG mats have any advantages over third party mats, and they are both more expensive, and don't look as good. (at least the first batch, with the inconsistent scaling) 

12 hours ago, R3dReVenge said:

Yeah, got in a "discussion" with someone yesterday when I wasn't excited about the Escape pod.  Basically boiled down to "well, it's not hurting you!" when, in fact, there's a fair chance that its delay into next year will most certainly push back the release date of something that I actually care about.  

43 minutes ago, Alpha17 said:

I kinda wonder if they weren't put on the back burner after how piss poor everyone's reactions were to the first set.  I get that a few people on here want them, but it really doesn't seem like the official FFG mats have any advantages over third party mats, and they are both more expensive, and don't look as good. (at least the first batch, with the inconsistent scaling) 

Yeah, got in a "discussion" with someone yesterday when I wasn't excited about the Escape pod.  Basically boiled down to "well, it's not hurting you!" when, in fact, there's a fair chance that its delay into next year will most certainly push back the release date of something that I actually care about.  

It's actually a huge mistake by FFG. New CW players will get bored and possible leave the game.

I was this player last year. Bought the core set, but had to wait several months for Leia and I got bored and spent my money elsewhere. Now, I proxy rebels and empire when I want to play.

I was hoping the CW would be different, but so far no...

Edited by R3dReVenge

9 minutes ago, R3dReVenge said:

It's actually a huge mistake by FFG. New CW players will get bored and possible leave the game.

I was this player last year. Bought the core set, but had to wait several months for Leia and I got bored and spent my money elsewhere. Now, I was proxy rebels and empire when I want to play.

I was hoping the CW would be different, but so far no...

If anything, its worse.  Veer, Leia, and their accompanied troops were out in a few months.  Longer than ideal, but it happens.  The CW core set will drop, and then it'll be almost 4 months without a new expansion, and 6 until we actually start getting legitimate vehicles.  Not sure who thought that was a good idea, but they suck.