Thrindal

RitR just went Shipping.

Woo-hoo! It will be in hands very soon! I was literally just eating lunch thinking about how we won't see a proper preview article of the next ships until RitR is officially out. 

4 minutes ago, Thrindal said:

I have only proxied a few myself but I am loving Weapons Battery Techs.  It is great for those Blue Crits.

weapons-battery-techs.png

It definitely has the advantage of being more Imperial-looking art vs the obviously traitor-sourced SW-7s.

(Although I can't help but feel the SW-7s work a lot better when you roll those 4 blue accs.  I mean, I get that WBT can technically help with reds, too, although 'rolling too many accs with red dice'...let's just say that's not a frequent problem.  Gut feeling is that WBT should probably have been cheaper...)

27 minutes ago, xanderf said:

It definitely has the advantage of being more Imperial-looking art vs the obviously traitor-sourced SW-7s.

(Although I can't help but feel the SW-7s work a lot better when you roll those 4 blue accs.  I mean, I get that WBT can technically help with reds, too, although 'rolling too many accs with red dice'...let's just say that's not a frequent problem.  Gut feeling is that WBT should probably have been cheaper...)

I guess the way I am envisioning it is you pair WBT with H9's and HIE/Overload Pulse/NK-7 and you can guarentee your Blue crit effect goes off (barring DCO).  Granted the ships that can take all 3 are limited in the ISD1, ISD2, Vic2, SSD, and for Rebels the MC75AC.  Granted you have to give up your Gunnery Teams (MC75 doesn't care too much about that) and you force those Crit effects through.  XX9 is the only non/Ion Crit effect the WBT/H9 pairing would work with opening up some options for the Cymoon and MC80L but I don't think thats quite as effective.

Run 2 ships with this setup and you can burn a ton of shield, burn a couple defense tokens, or setup an Avenger blast.

It's just going to be fun trying out new combo's regardless. 

56 minutes ago, Thrindal said:

I guess the way I am envisioning it is you pair WBT with H9's and HIE/Overload Pulse/NK-7 and you can guarentee your Blue crit effect goes off (barring DCO).  Granted the ships that can take all 3 are limited in the ISD1, ISD2, Vic2, SSD, and for Rebels the MC75AC.  Granted you have to give up your Gunnery Teams (MC75 doesn't care too much about that) and you force those Crit effects through.  XX9 is the only non/Ion Crit effect the WBT/H9 pairing would work with opening up some options for the Cymoon and MC80L but I don't think thats quite as effective.

Run 2 ships with this setup and you can burn a ton of shield, burn a couple defense tokens, or setup an Avenger blast.

It's just going to be fun trying out new combo's regardless. 

Man, the Liberty just gets no respect. 

43 minutes ago, Thrindal said:

I like the Liberty a lot, I've played it in my last several Rebel lists.  Without the ION slot it just doesn't fit quite as well with WBT's.

Oh duh, I screwed up.  Of course the both versions of the MC80L work.  My bad.

16 hours ago, Thrindal said:

I have only proxied a few myself but I am loving Weapons Battery Techs.  It is great for those Blue Crits.

weapons-battery-techs.png

This has been one of my favorite upgrades so far from the expansion. Exactly as you said its great to trigger those blue crits and I've been having good success with it on a MC80L Star Cruiser with HIE. Great option to add more punch to it without SW7s.

On 9/11/2019 at 2:39 PM, xanderf said:

Agreed, it basically just exists for those folks who think Overload Pulse can still be turned into a good card.

52 minutes ago, geek19 said:

And boy does it EVER work.

Yeah probably better than any other ship if you can get past no Gunnery Team.  You could even put HIE in the Ion slot and H9's and XX-9 in the Turbo Laser slot.  Probably a bit of overkill but it lets you pick the better of the Crit effects for the Situation.  

I know this is weird and maybe I am crazy but if you can double arc a ECM ship with an ISD 2 WBT can acutely produce a crit pretty reliably with only two blues and with MS1 you can negate ECM from your side than shoot out your front lock up the brace for a good chunk of damage. Its a bit crazy but it works oddly. 

Imperial II (120)
• Weapons Battery Techs (5)
• MS-1 Ion Cannons (2)
• Linked Turbolaser Towers (7)
= 134 Points

1 hour ago, Thrindal said:

Yeah probably better than any other ship if you can get past no Gunnery Team.  You could even put HIE in the Ion slot and H9's and XX-9 in the Turbo Laser slot.  Probably a bit of overkill but it lets you pick the better of the Crit effects for the Situation.  

Add in Dodonna and Mon Karren and baby, you got a stew going

3 hours ago, AllWingsStandyingBy said:

Agreed, it basically just exists for those folks who think Overload Pulse can still be turned into a good card.

I have now found ONE use for OLP.

SSD and with officer Palp.

Cackle and laugh as your opponent ditches defense tokens in order to attack you.

3 hours ago, Thraug said:

Do we know the counts of each non-unique upgrade card that are in this expansion?

2x expert shield techs

2x auxiliary shield team

2x weapon battery techs

3x reserve hangar deck

3x proximity mines

2x advanced transponder net

2x linked turbolaser towers

There are also 2 take evasive action, but it a unique card.

Edited by xero989