Sign in to follow this  
Tyberius_Deangelo

Couple of Newbie Questions

Hi Everyone,

This coming Saturday a couple of friends and I are going to start our very first campaign with the Dunwich Legacy.  I am trying to stay as spoiler free about the campaign as I can so I can experience the thrill of the new experience, but I do know you can add some allies from The House Always Wins and Extra Curricular Activities.  When you add allies from the campaign when you upgrade your deck for the XP earned, do you still have to honor your deck building limit?  For example, if we earn Professor Warren Rice do we have  31 card deck or do we have to take a card out of deck to make up for earning the ally?  My second question is when you do earn XP and buy extra ammo, can you give a weapon that uses ammo more ammo than the card allows.  For example .32 Colts 6 ammo.  I play Extra Ammunition so can I add +3 ammo to the .32 for 9 ammo total on the card?

Thank you for your help!

Edited by Tyberius_Deangelo

6 minutes ago, Tyberius_Deangelo said:

For example, if we earn Professor Warren Rice do we have  31 card deck or do we have to take a card out of deck to make up for earning the ally?

The assets that are earned as part of a story don't count towards your deck building size. This should also be mentioned in the campaign logbook

My second question is when you do earn XP and buy extra ammo

XP is always earned after you have read the scenario resolution. The guide will tell you when and how much XP you will have earned. But it is always after the scenario.

An asset always comes in play with the amount of ammo (or charges or whatelse) it has printed on it

can you give a weapon that uses ammo more ammo than the card allows.  For example .32 Colts 6 ammo.  I play Extra Ammunition so can I add +3 ammo to the .32 for 9 ammo total on the card?

Yes this is a legit play

Edited by Raahk

3 hours ago, Raahk said:

For example, if we earn Professor Warren Rice do we have  31 card deck or do we have to take a card out of deck to make up for earning the ally?

And whoever takes control of an ally during the scenario, doesn’t have to keep that ally or asset after the scenario is over, unless otherwise stated. They can usually go to any investigator. Also should be in the resolution. 

Have so much fun!! 

1 hour ago, Tyberius_Deangelo said:

So you can keep allies earned in previous games in a campaign for a long as you want in your deck until the campaign guides tells you specifically to discard it?  

Yes. When the campaign guide tells you that you may/must add a card to your deck, it stays there until told otherwise.