Audio Weasel

Let's start an arguement!

I'd personally rank both the B and A-Wings higher. 

The X-Wing would probably make the #1 star-fighter on most top sci-fi star-fighter lists. My top three:

1. X-Wing

2. Viper Mk. 2 / Mk. 7

3. VF-1 Valkyrie

1 hour ago, eliteone said:

I'd personally rank both the B and A-Wings higher. 

The X-Wing would probably make the #1 star-fighter on most top sci-fi star-fighter lists. My top three:

1. X-Wing

2. Viper Mk. 2 / Mk. 7

3. VF-1 Valkyrie

I'd take a Viper Mk 2 over an X-wing any day. "Faster", more maneuverable, can mount nukes along with fighter to fighter missiles, and 30mm auto-cannons. 

3 minutes ago, thestag said:

Gizmodo sucks. Argue that.

Weren't they part of the whole Gawker Empire that got sued into oblivion by Hulk Hogan after they refused to remove his sex tape? 

My comment is related to Star Wars Armada... because...uh...large Empire and one guy and a rag tag team... of lawyers beat it...? 

2 minutes ago, Grathew said:

I'd take a Viper Mk 2 over an X-wing any day. "Faster", more maneuverable, can mount nukes along with fighter to fighter missiles, and 30mm auto-cannons. 

The Mk2 is also not susceptible to remote Cylon hacking. 

2 hours ago, The Jabbawookie said:

Also, "brave but foolish" opinion: I like the K-wing.  It's an utterly absurd flying fortress, an ugly duckling of ordnance.

Love the K-wing its a weird ship but I really hope we see it in the future of Armada.

1 hour ago, xero989 said:

Love the K-wing its a weird ship but I really hope we see it in the future of Armada.

Weird it is .... and in the spirit of the OP, I will state that I just can’t abide such a nonsensical slapdash amalgamation of airplane/spaceship parts mashed together without rhyme or reason.  Seriously the thing looks like a third grader drew it!

The top turret placement makes absolutely no sense - it has such an extremely limited arc of fire that it’s useless.  The frikkin third (slapped on) engine is RIGHT IN THE WAY if the turret is supposed to defend against fighters behind it.  The wings limit the turret arc of fire to the left and right....so basically it can shoot above it, and that’s it.

Gah, the stupid.  Gimme a (non-longprobe) Y-wing any day.

Edited by Maturin

44 minutes ago, bleezy said:

That's the Greek alphabet. 🙂 I meant Latin as in ABCD, I'm not sure if that is 100% correct though.

The word alphabet comes from the first two characters...

Alpha, Beta...

Thus only the Greek character set is an Alphabet, all others should be called Character Sets. IE: The English Character Set...

/Arguement

Also, we all know the Z-95 type fighter was the best.. it went through 95 iterations... or was made in a 95 year... or... something.

3 hours ago, bleezy said:

It's pretty funny to think that the Latin alphabet doesn't exist in Star Wars anymore...

It does.

Its "High Galactic".

The Reference point is "Alphabet Squadron", where someone literally remarks "You've bought the whole High Galactic Alphabet's worth of Fighters..."

59 minutes ago, Drasnighta said:

It does.

Its "High Galactic".

The Reference point is "Alphabet Squadron", where someone literally remarks "You've bought the whole High Galactic Alphabet's worth of Fighters..."

I saw that too - thought it was a clever little explanation. It can also "explain" the use of English on some signs in Galaxy's Edge.

The A-Wing is basically a tuned down Eta-2 Jedi starfighter. In Rebel colors! It can't get any better than that! You must be a real bad*** to be able to fly that ship. In Y-Wings you have the shields and the ion cannon. In X-Wings you have shields and maneuverability. In K-Wings you have shields and armor and huge firepower. In an A-Wing you have no shields but such extreme speed you need lightning fast reflexes not to splatter on a capital ship nearby.

3 hours ago, Norell said:

The A-Wing is basically a tuned down Eta-2 Jedi starfighter. In Rebel colors! It can't get any better than that! You must be a real bad*** to be able to fly that ship. In Y-Wings you have the shields and the ion cannon. In X-Wings you have shields and maneuverability. In K-Wings you have shields and armor and huge firepower. In an A-Wing you have no shields but such extreme speed you need lightning fast reflexes not to splatter on a capital ship nearby.

Since when does the A-Wing not have shields?  O_o

13 hours ago, Ling27 said:

Alpha, Beta...

Thus only the Greek character set is an Alphabet, all others should be called Character Sets. IE: The English Character Set...

/Arguement

Hmmm, so in English it would be the English Aybee?

I can dig it...

I'mma go make sure my cards are all sorted in aybeeal order so they're easier to find. :)

13 hours ago, Ling27 said:

Alpha, Beta...

/Arguement

No.  It means the word itself has a Greek origin, but that doesn't mean it only applies to Greek characters.  "Pneumatic" comes from Greek as well, yet we still use the word for systems in English-speaking countries, too.

(And before someone objects simply because "alphabet" directly references the Greek letters, I'd point out that the original meaning of "pneuma" was also quite different, and had nothing to do with moving pistons.)