Jabby

Return of the Jedi - Luke Preview

4th quarter huh? Strange how FF does releases with Legion, like the middle ground between X-wing and Armada. X-wing we know what is coming out every three months and are often given the exact date early. Armada  is once a year, but who knows when! Legion is usually at the end of the month, but we don't know what unit and the article may come out a month early..... or never at all lol.

Super excited for Luke, but not having a narrower release date sort of sucks. Especially since Clone Wars is still a giant mystery. Do I prepare for my droids or more rebels?!?!?

9 minutes ago, Tirion said:

I would expect clones this month. though I feel they have already dropped the ball on how long there will be between released so who knows

Glad that I am not the only who thinks their releases for Clone Wars seems off. I'm getting CIS and I was shocked to see how long it would be before I got more options. I think it hurts more that rebels/empire (and terrian) are still getting stuff in that wait.

I would love to get Clone Wars now, but I wonder if it would have been better to put them on hold to be closer to their other releases

8 minutes ago, RyantheFett said:

Glad that I am not the only who thinks their releases for Clone Wars seems off. I'm getting CIS and I was shocked to see how long it would be before I got more options. I think it hurts more that rebels/empire (and terrian) are still getting stuff in that wait.

I would love to get Clone Wars now, but I wonder if it would have been better to put them on hold to be closer to their other releases

It honestly doesn’t bother me that much, because I have my GCW armies to play with while I bulk up my Clones.

I would be a bit salty if the Clone Wars was my intro to the game I suppose.

Edited by ScummyRebel

10 minutes ago, ScummyRebel said:

It honestly doesn’t bother me that much, because I have my GCW armies to play with while I bulk up my Clones.

I would be a bit salty if the Clone Wars was my intro to the game I suppose.

There is still the corps upgrade expansions, which come out before the end of the year, but I know what you mean, it does stink. 😒😥

3 hours ago, Jabby said:

The Luke Skywalker operative preview is up, and he looks pretty cool. I like the new cards. Shame I’m not buying legion so much anymore

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2019/9/10/return-of-the-jedi/

A pity...also a pity the writer or typist ignored the correct spelling. The article currently reads “agressive foes”. Needs an “errata” to correct spelling ‘aGgressive’.

Jus’ sayin’ 😗

8 minutes ago, arnoldrew said:

What does that even mean?

They're saying that they think the math behind the stat budget for weapons and keywords has changed and it was not retroactively applied to the clone wars units.  

7 hours ago, Tirion said:

is it just me or does the cw stuff seem to be based on the old points for impact and in weapons

The rps-6 seems about right.  It’s impact 2 instead of three but loses exhaust which is a pretty large bonus.  No native surge, but the base unit is also a couple points more expensive.  Not sure about ion weapons.  If some options need adjustments it’s nowhere near where things like the hh-12 or t-7 were at least.  

Another unit I couldn't care less about.  Good to those that want another Luke, but I still want to know why they decided to go with these now, and not give units to the factions that actually need them?  Pretty bad that CW will need to wait 6 months for their first heavy options, but by golly, we'll rush a second Luke and Vader out! 

6 hours ago, Alpha17 said:

Another unit I couldn't care less about.  Good to those that want another Luke, but I still want to know why they decided to go with these now, and not give units to the factions that actually need them?  Pretty bad that CW will need to wait 6 months for their first heavy options, but by golly, we'll rush a second Luke and Vader out! 

More importantly #WheresLando