s4ndm4ns

X-Wing wave 5 unboxed!

I was under the impression that tractoring was pulling opposing ships toward you. After reading all the Nantex pilot cards and rules concerning tractor tokens, they don’t appear to do that at all. The Nantex gets the token, not the enemy?!

Now, Ensnare transfers the token to your enemy. In that case it seems that “the opposing player may have that ship preform a BR or boost”  

I guess my confusion lies with having not realized tractor tokens were placed on the Nantex owners ship FIRST. Which leads me to another question. 

From the above quote from the rule book. If I  initially put a tractor token on my own ship, I decide if it wants to pull off the BR or boost, right?! “Opposing player decides” is kinda misleading.... 😐

7 minutes ago, K-2SO said:

I was under the impression that tractoring was pulling opposing ships toward you. After reading all the Nantex pilot cards and rules concerning tractor tokens, they don’t appear to do that at all. The Nantex gets the token, not the enemy?!

Now, Ensnare transfers the token to your enemy. In that case it seems that “the opposing player may have that ship preform a BR or boost”  

I guess my confusion lies with having not realized tractor tokens were placed on the Nantex owners ship FIRST. Which leads me to another question. 

From the above quote from the rule book. If I  initially put a tractor token on my own ship, I decide if it wants to pull off the BR or boost, right?! “Opposing player decides” is kinda misleading.... 😐

The 'opposing player decides' thing is from 1e.  2e, the player who placed the token decides the movement.

16 minutes ago, thespaceinvader said:

I doubt anyone will have considering they're completely different scales.

I'm just wondering how "off" it might all look for a shelf display. Might still look okay even with the scale difference. 

🤦‍♂️ I'm trying to make an excuse to get the IA figures (don't play IA) and a new Ghost as I'm very partial to the Rebels show.  

5 hours ago, K-2SO said:

Ensnare transfers the token to your enemy.

So get this: you tractor yourself to move your turret and do a Barrel Roll,  Boost or remain in place*.  With Ensnare, "At the end of the Activation Phase, if you are tractored, you may choose 1 ship in your [turret]  arc at range 0-1. Transfer 1 tractor token to it." you transfer the token to the opponent's ship and you may BR or Boost them (assuming they have the appropriate number of tractor tokens).

That means another Nantex could potentially Boost or Barrell Roll the first Nantex another straight 1 out to the side, back where it began (in the case of a BR) or farther forward (if it got tractored forward already).

This ship is nuts!

-----------------------------------------------------------

* After a ship becomes tractored, the player whose effect applied the tractor token may choose one of the following effects:

• Perform a barrel roll using the [1 straight] maneuver template. The player applying the effect selects the direction of the barrel roll and the ship’s final position.
  • Perform a boost using the [1 straight] maneuver template."

The thing that will be difficult with the Nantek is, you *have* to move the arc to get the tractor token. That’s going to need some forward planning. 

I am wanting to try either 2 Nanteks with droids, or a semi aces build with Sun, Grievous and something else. All depends on points. 

16 minutes ago, Archangelspiv said:

The thing that will be difficult with the Nantek is, you *have* to move the arc to get the tractor token. That’s going to need some forward planning. 

I am wanting to try either 2 Nanteks with droids, or a semi aces build with Sun, Grievous and something else. All depends on points. 

But you can rotate the turret and end it in the same position it was, if you wish. At least, that's how they do it on my local store...

17 minutes ago, Minaith said:

But you can rotate the turret and end it in the same position it was, if you wish. At least, that's how they do it on my local store...

Your local is screwing you over mate, it even says in the rules for turret, normal or bow tie that if you do the rotate action, it MUST rotate to a different quadrant not previously covered. Which is 3 choices for a normal turret, 1 choice for a bow tie. 

It’s on Page 16 of the rules reference. 

8 hours ago, Force Majeure said:

That means another Nantex could potentially Boost or Barrell Roll the first Nantex another straight 1 out to the side, back where it began (in the case of a BR) or farther forward (if it got tractored forward already).

This ship is nuts!

-----------------------------------------------------------

* After a ship becomes tractored, the player whose effect applied the tractor token may choose one of the following effects:

Bold by me

That does only work when the first ship loses its tractor token first. Otherwise it is still tractored and doesn't become tractored

Edited by flooze
Yes this ship is nuts

8 hours ago, Minaith said:

Nah you can't, that's specifically mentioned somewhere in the rules. You can't spin it back to the same place, that just means it hasn't moved.