Piratical Moustache

Clone Wars Fleet Lists

Republic Navy

latest?cb=20140529164259

Large: Venator-class Star Destroyer

Medium: Acclamator-class assualt ship, Victory-class Star Destroyer

Small: Arquitens-class light cruiser, Consular-class cruiser (Charger c70 retrofit), IPV-2C Stealth Corvette

Squadrons:  V-19 Torrent,  ARC-170, Clone Z95 Headhunter, Delta-7B Aethersprite-class light interceptor, Eta-2 Actis-class light interceptor, BTL-B Y-wing, Alpha-3 Nimbus-class V-wing, LAAT/i Space Gunship variant

Separatist Navy

latest?cb=20130607042025

Huge: Subjugator-class heavy cruiser, Lucrehulk-class Battleship

Large:  Recusant-class destroyer, Providence-class cruiser-carrier

Medium: Munificent-class star frigate, DH-Omni Support Vessel

Squadrons: Rogue-class starfighter, Hyena-class bomber, Vulture-class droid starfighter, Nantex-class territorial defense starfighter, Ginivex-class fanblade starfighter, droid tri-fighter, Belbullab-22 starfighter, HMP droid gunship (space variant), Trident-class assault ship, Droch-class boarding ship

If I missed anything let me know, I think that I covered most of the Canon ships and squadrons of the Clone Wars. Agree or disagree with the size classifications? 

Could be wrong, but I think the GAR did have a handful of Imperial Star Destroyers by the end of the war. Or at least that wouldn't be that far fetched.

For Huge ship for Republic maybe the Pride of the Core?

It’s been confirmed FFG will chug out releases for the Clone Wars similar to how they’ve pushed expansions with Legion at least for a brief time. 

What I want to know is what will come first. Acclamator or Venator? 

Will there be a core set? 

Lucrehulk or Subjator? The SSD was a financial risk for FFG, if they do a huge ship for Armada i’d assume they go for the more iconic ship. 

Pretty sure that they‘ll release a new Core-Set for Clone Wars. Would be clever to win new players for Armada which grew up with the prequels...

For the Lucrehulk I‘m desperately hoping that they‘ll do it as a large ship on two large bases side by side!!

Here are @>kkj and my other thoughts on ships and squats: https://imgur.com/a/MzbcwoZ

I did this exact post already previously (minus the squads).

I believe there a still several ships in my post that you missed here.

4 hours ago, KiraYamatoSF said:

Could be wrong, but I think the GAR did have a handful of Imperial Star Destroyers by the end of the war. Or at least that wouldn't be that far fetched.

AFAIK only in legends. 

2 hours ago, xero989 said:

Unpopular opion Lucrehulk will be large.

1 hour ago, ISD Avenger said:

Indeed. I got the sense from interviews that FFG did not appear keen to go through the SSD experience of producing a huge ship again any time soon.

It could be a large ship, but at 3,170 by 3009 meters it's basically twice the size of an ISD, which I figured was the going to be the largest of the large ships in Armada. It wouldn't be anywhere near the size of the SSD but the Lucrehulk would dwarf anything else except the Subjugator.

@LordCola my bad I thought that somebody might have done this list before but I didn't check. I left out some ships like the Pelta because according to wookieepedia the Rebels slapped turbolasers on the ships, in the Clone Wars they had no capital ship weapons, although that could be easily retconned. Funny enough thanks to FFG the Bulwark-class battlecruiser is Canon again, but I doubt that anyone wants that particular ship in Armada.

You've missed the Pelta for the republic, that's a pretty iconic ship.

I think we'll hopefully see some Naboo ships - N1 squadrons, and the Royal Cruiser and or Starship as a flotilla.

I'd like to see the Trade Federation Landing ship and Sith Infiltrator (squadron) for the Separatists too.

It would be cool to get GCW ships in Armada. Since in Star Wars: Rebels we see separatists joining forces with the rebel alliance for a short time, I would not be surprised if some of the separatist ships got a "Rebellion Refit" upgrade card that lets them fly alongside rebel fleets.

11 hours ago, Piratical Moustache said:

It could be a large ship, but at 3,170 by 3009 meters it's basically twice the size of an ISD, which I figured was the going to be the largest of the large ships in Armada. It wouldn't be anywhere near the size of the SSD but the Lucrehulk would dwarf anything else except the Subjugator.

@LordCola my bad I thought that somebody might have done this list before but I didn't check. I left out some ships like the Pelta because according to wookieepedia the Rebels slapped turbolasers on the ships, in the Clone Wars they had no capital ship weapons, although that could be easily retconned. Funny enough thanks to FFG the Bulwark-class battlecruiser is Canon again, but I doubt that anyone wants that particular ship in Armada.

I don't believe there is anything canon stating that the Clone Wars Peltas were unarmed. And in Legends they were armed to the teeth.

6 hours ago, Bobthe4th said:

You've missed the Pelta for the republic, that's a pretty iconic ship.

I think we'll hopefully see some Naboo ships - N1 squadrons, and the Royal Cruiser and or Starship as a flotilla.

I'd like to see the Trade Federation Landing ship and Sith Infiltrator (squadron) for the Separatists too.

Given those are already showing up in X-Wing (Naboo N-1 and Sith Infiltrator), and the rest at least probable, it would be a bit of a surprise if they didn't appear in Armada, too.

I’m going to repeat my plug for selected cross-faction clone wars ships to the imperial & rebel factions (keep fighters faction specific tho).

Its great for players who can’t/don’t play multiple factions & will sell a bunch more models than keeping everything faction specific. Everyone wins. 

16 hours ago, LennoxPoodle said:

For the seppies there are also the Umbaran Support Vessel (medium?) and the Hardcell Class Transport (Flotilla).

The Hardcell-class Transport is larger than a CR90 - it would be a small ship. The Trident-class assault ship is the perfect fit for an offensive CIS flottilla: it is about the same size as the GR-75 transports and known to be able to drill into the hulls of battleships to deploy boarding troops.

3 hours ago, Decarior said:

The Hardcell-class Transport is larger than a CR90 - it would be a small ship. The Trident-class assault ship is the perfect fit for an offensive CIS flottilla: it is about the same size as the GR-75 transports and known to be able to drill into the hulls of battleships to deploy boarding troops.

Okay, didn't know that. Seemed similar in size to the Gozanti or GR-75 in BF2 (GR-75 from BF1) to me. My judgement and/or the games representation of those might be off though.

Anyway, the Hardcell seems to be an ideal fleet support platform for the CIS, with the Pelta doing the same for the GAR.

Also, aren't the sized Tridents more like irregular squadrons, both in TCW and the game? Iean there is the larger version, but the small ones feel very smaller-than-a-VCX to me.

Edited by LennoxPoodle

The Hardcell-class is about 220m long according to the Star Wars Encyclopedia of Starfighters and Other Vehicles published last year. The Trident apparently is 88.71m (source) thats almost double the VCX and slightly larger than a Gozanti. Also fits its depiction in Clone Wars or Battlefront 2  although on-screen direct size comparisons are difficult.

The boundaries between irregular squadrons and flotilla ships are blurry anyway. But alone gameplay wise I find aggressive flotillas much more interesting than yet another squadron. You could do something like take hull damage to engage a boarding action representing the Tridents attaching themselves to the opposing ship.

On 9/9/2019 at 1:51 AM, ISD Avenger said:

Indeed. I got the sense from interviews that FFG did not appear keen to go through the SSD experience of producing a huge ship again any time soon.

This. 

Shame though

What is the general expectation for squadron packs and core sets? I'd imagine it'll be Munificent with 6 vulture squadron vs Consular (charger refit) and Arquitens with 4 V_19 Squadrons, similar to OT. 

For the Squadron sets the following could be intertesting:

Republic I (early war theme):

V-19(Warthog), Aethersprite(Kenobiiii!), Y-Wing(Hawk) and maybe Nu-Class(?).

CIS I:

Vulture (of course), Hyena, Sheathipede and Geonisioan Fighter (not sure on that last one).

CIS II:

Tri-Fighter, Belbullab(Grievous), Porax-38 and maybe the Croch-Class boarding ship?

Republic II:

V-Wing, ARC-170. Eta-2-Actis(Skywalker) and idk (N1(Typho)?)

25 minutes ago, LennoxPoodle said:

What is the general expectation for squadron packs and core sets? I'd imagine it'll be Munificent with 6 vulture squadron vs Consular (charger refit) and Arquitens with 4 V_19 Squadrons, similar to OT. 

I think Munificent vs Acclamator makes for the more interesting core set, myself.  Basically agree on Vulture and V-19s as the most likely squads in it.  Hopefully a different color than the existing squads - perhaps a soft blue and more sandy-sort-of-tan?

3 hours ago, LennoxPoodle said:

I would hope that a Clone Wars Core Set would have a bit more in it compared to the OT Core Set, perhaps an Acclamator and 2 Consular cruisers versus 2 Munificent frigates? I agree that V19s and vulture droids should be the starter squadrons. I really wonder how the vulture droid will compare to the TIE fighter. 

4 hours ago, Piratical Moustache said:

I really wonder how the vulture droid will compare to the TIE fighter. 

Perhaps it will be some sort of droid control ship function to activate. Which could be an interesting game mechanic. And can active 2 squads for every squad value a ship has.

They could have swarm 2. So they can re roll 2 dice. That would probably be the easiest way to make a notable change to a basic fighter type without new rules. And would simulate then more swarmy nature of droid warfare.

Edited by ISD Avenger