Back5

Any word on CW release yet?

1 hour ago, Alpha17 said:

and until we know why that has been the case

Because FFG is a cavalcade of failure?

Sorry, I don't have anything productive to say. I have a build up of salt over the BS I've dealt with when it comes to FFG over the years....

like the time it took them 165 days to FAQ a 2 ship release....

and the fact it was so badly done it needed a immediate follow up FAQ

Or that time they signed exclusive distribution rights with the shittiest distributor in the United States....

Or the time all armada got was "something big is coming" for a year...

or that time they scheduled Ohio's ONLY regional event on Thanksgiving weekend which clipped our turnout to about 17 people and ruined our chances of getting the regional event again.

Or that time they didn't even announce what was in the regional kits until AFTER regionals started. I had to open the kit the day before the tournament to tell the ENTIRE community what they even got for winning...

Or that time I took a close look at the punches they provided and realized they phoned it all in...

Let us never forget the hyperspace report....

And a bunch of other BS, like not annoucing any new waves for Armada for over a years so they could push out XW 2.0 and Legion....
MI4qgN4.gif

Or the fact that their acrylic cut rulers had nearly a quarter inch variance...

OR their terrible reprinting policies that left Armada without essential packs for a year.... and let people sell X-wing minis like y-wings and k-wings for 80-120 bucks a pop while they were being "reprinted"

Man... seriously... I'm salty as ****... 

Edited by Darth Sanguis

5 minutes ago, joewrightgm said:

Legion Facebook page, someone dropped a distributor link showing Oct 4 release for phase I, B1, and Core.

I took off 7th and the 8th for other reasons. This might work out afterall!

9 hours ago, Darth Sanguis said:

Sorry, I don't have anything productive to say. 

But somehow I still find them a refreshing beacon of customer service light compared to Games “your army is now gone from the game” Workshop.  That’s just the industry. 

Edited by TauntaunScout

17 minutes ago, TauntaunScout said:

But somehow I still find them a refreshing beacon of customer service light compared to Games “your army is now gone from the game” Workshop.  That’s just the industry. 

Yeah as bad as FFG may be, I’ve heard some real nightmares about GW, but just because FFG isn’t as bad as the other guy, doesn’t mean they don’t need to fix their ****. Just sayin’.😌

Edited by JediPartisan

3 minutes ago, TauntaunScout said:

I quit Privateer Press for how bad they were in just so many areas. They switched to using the app but you had to pay access for each faction (had over 10 at the time)!!!!  The people in charge of the forum lied, blocked, and trashed talk the fans for any feedback offered in the unit test sections!! They blocked stats of the cards on all sites to make sure people had to buy their stuff and could not proxy.

I may complain a lot about how FF does things, but they have done a lot right. X-wing 2.0 is pretty much in a great spot and has set the standard for all miniature games.

Legion has had some hits and misses, but as long as they don't go full Armada I like to think they have a chance to really make this game big.

11 hours ago, TauntaunScout said:

Eh I can't even say I hate FFG, I just don't understand why they can't seem to get their **** together. 

Is it really that hard to make a timely FAQ? Or make sure the official FFG brand tools are all cut to a reasonable tolerance? To meet fabrication deadlines? To post regular updates? 

With Legion it hasn't been so bad, in comparison to the turnaround on Armada, which has been a nightmare for the last few years. I'm just salty. 

I guess I lack virtue. 

11 hours ago, JediPartisan said:

Yeah as bad as FFG may be, I’ve heard some real nightmares about GW, but just because FFG isn’t as bad as the other guy, doesn’t mean they don’t need to fix their ****. Just sayin’.😌

I put forward that it is actually impossible to fix their stuff, for reasons that pervade the industry. They can try to fix it, but it won't work.

20 minutes ago, Darth Sanguis said:

Eh I can't even say I hate FFG, I just don't understand why they can't seem to get their **** together. 

Is it really that hard to make a timely FAQ? Or make sure the official FFG brand tools are all cut to a reasonable tolerance? To meet fabrication deadlines? To post regular updates? 

For a couple years, I worked at a very small gaming company. Pay and benefits were not competitive, especially not when you considered the demands of the job. I was in charge of HR among other things. 90% of the applicants were total disasters who had no qualifications or experience other than being obsessive gamers. It attracted the worst people, in large numbers. I had to pick the least-worst one and hire them. Once in awhile I'd get the good applicants and they would be great, till they inevitably left and took their skills elsewhere. I suspect this problem scales up to most gaming companies.

I also think a lot of gaming companies get caught with a "worst of both worlds" thing, where they have all the equivalent problems of a tiny corner store AND a giant chain retailer, rolled into one.

All the craftsmen I buy reenacting stuff from, are tiny businesses. And you'd think they are all smoking something. Every. Single. One. GW on the other hand is a pretty big business and its big-picture customer service borders on condescension and hostility. Which gives me a sense these problems are un-solvable.

It's also just the reality of an industry where none of the customers actually need any of the products I guess.

Edited by TauntaunScout

40 minutes ago, Darth Sanguis said:

I guess I lack virtue. 

I'm pretty salty about the dewbacks, but they are fixing them, so I totally get it. 

We say "it should be better" but then I look at all the KS's I've backed and say "FFG is doing okay." Yes, KS is a different animal, but many of the games I've bought have been from companies with experience. Delays of several months aren't that bad in the KS (even if some backers act that way). About the only ones that deliver on time are the Tiny Epic folks. 

But seriously, I want my fishing dewbacks. 

42 minutes ago, TauntaunScout said:

For a couple years, I worked at a very small gaming company. Pay and benefits were not competitive, especially not when you considered the demands of the job. I was in charge of HR among other things. 90% of the applicants were total disasters who had no qualifications or experience other than being obsessive gamers. It attracted the worst people, in large numbers. I had to pick the least-worst one and hire them. Once in awhile I'd get the good applicants and they would be great, till they inevitably left and took their skills elsewhere. I suspect this problem scales up to most gaming companies.

I also think a lot of gaming companies get caught with a "worst of both worlds" thing, where they have all the equivalent problems of a tiny corner store AND a giant chain retailer, rolled into one.

All the craftsmen I buy reenacting stuff from, are tiny businesses. And you'd think they are all smoking something. Every. Single. One. GW on the other hand is a pretty big business and its big-picture customer service borders on condescension and hostility. Which gives me a sense these problems are un-solvable.

It's also just the reality of an industry where none of the customers actually need any of the products I guess.

GW in the past 3 to 5 years has pulled a complete 180 in terms of their approach to their games, customers, and retail product.  They've brought a lot of gamers back into their fold after alienating them for years.  They've done this in large part by taking a customer first approach, interacting with them, listening to them, and actually making changes based on what they hear.  

21 minutes ago, TauntaunScout said:

They have not addressed my concerns. All the issues that drove me away persist.

Maybe.  But the biggest local FGS loves them atm.  The fact the sales rep will refund him for out of date codexes/mags and occasionally take back lousy selling dead stock is very helpful in a retail environment where the store has to guess what the next fad is and how much to commit.  GW (and card-crack) is the bedrock of his business.

Conversely you have PP who screwed over a lot of people by flogging cards and books right up to outdating it.  Not a lot of goodwill towards them and shelf space dropped considerably.

For the record, FFG is considered niche in my area - apart from X-Wing perhaps which has a small following. Legion is actually found at some level in all the FGS, so there is faith in it locally.

On 9/13/2019 at 10:46 PM, Alpha17 said:

Finally getting some communication:

70556962_162777248238294_482394335803028

So yeah, looks like things will be late.  Annoying, but at this point, I'll take any bit of news, good or bad.

Apparently even as soon as july 30th, someone in Asmodee had already realised that the Clone Wars Core Set wouldn't be out in Q3... but in October Q4. The communication with the community and customer base really isn't that impressive...

DICED Clone Wars Unboxing

Edited by MicroManager

58 minutes ago, Kwatchi said:

Maybe.  But the biggest local FGS loves them atm.  The fact the sales rep will refund him for out of date codexes/mags and occasionally take back lousy selling dead stock is very helpful in a retail environment where the store has to guess what the next fad is and how much to commit.  GW (and card-crack) is the bedrock of his business.

Conversely you have PP who screwed over a lot of people by flogging cards and books right up to outdating it.  Not a lot of goodwill towards them and shelf space dropped considerably.

For the record, FFG is considered niche in my area - apart from X-Wing perhaps which has a small following. Legion is actually found at some level in all the FGS, so there is faith in it locally.

PP also screwed over the consumer base particularly lock and load when Mk3 came out it was a dead event till the last day because they wanted to have this cool mid-con release....really ruined things for me

Could be worse. Knight Models (Batman Miniature Game, DC Universe Miniature Game) finally released some new stuff for DCU. I haven’t purchased from them in a while due to quality control issues, and I’m glad I sat this one out. Example- one person received their new Superman model, pack had 2 right legs and 2 heads, but no body or left leg. 

Ive ordered directly from KM before and it took over 3 months after release date to get my stuff, and even then it wasn’t right (miscasts and missing pieces). I finally stopped buying their stuff because I was tired of the failures on their end.

The one time I had an issue with FFG stuff (a missing Death Trooper forearm), the replacement was sent quickly and the interaction with FFG was painless.

2 hours ago, Darth Sanguis said:
3 hours ago, CaribbeanNinja said:

Ouch. This stings. :) 

Yep

I still believe that Armada was a social experiment by Fantasy Flight to test how far they could push one of their miniature communities. First make good game, then drop all support for a year or two, and then see what the fandom looks like after.

Now Armada has a small, but super hardcore fan base that can take on anything at anytime. Sort of like the ancient Spartans yeeting defective babies off a cliff or Geroge R. R. Martin's fans who believe we will get the next book. 

6 hours ago, Kwatchi said:

...the sales rep will refund him for out of date codexes/mags and occasionally take back lousy selling dead stock...  GW (and card-crack) is the bedrock of his business 

That could describe a dozen stores I’ve known for the last 20 years. It’s not some sudden turnaround from GW. 

I think FFG does pretty good comparatively.

15 hours ago, RyantheFett said:

I still believe that Armada was a social experiment by Fantasy Flight to test how far they could push one of their miniature communities. First make good game, then drop all support for a year or two, and then see what the fandom looks like after.

Now Armada has a small, but super hardcore fan base that can take on anything at anytime. Sort of like the ancient Spartans yeeting defective babies off a cliff or Geroge R. R. Martin's fans who believe we will get the next book. 

yeet