Jump to content
Back5

Any word on CW release yet?

Recommended Posts

So if CW is pushed back by a couple of weeks and R2/3P0 is push back to next year I wonder what the release schedule looks like now? I know they like to do only one a month so I wonder how/if the order will change up now?

Q4 still has Luke/Vader, weapon attachments, and ughh....... the bunker.

Next year we get Rex/dooku, B2/Phase2, tanks, and R2/3P0. The two unknowns are positioned before the tanks and B2/Phase2 so maybe Q1, which makes me wonder if the new factions will have to go wait another month or two get their stuff.

Feels like a pretty loaded Q1 next year and I wonder how much will just get pushed into Q2. Almost feels like they should avoid doing big reveals and stick with just two or three months when they have such volatile shipping dates and a PR department that is used like a punchline more often then not.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, GooeyChewie said:

I’m hoping (albeit with no real evidence) that the missing SKUs are for GAR and CIS unit’s from Clone Wars Season 7, and that they are going to do a surprise announcement and quick release once the season airs.

I thought one of the two missing SKUs was the resculpt Obi (only available in Europe). My guess is that the other missing SKU has to do with what Alex Davy eluded to in the Notorious Scoundrels interview. He said there was another droid couple coming. My guess is that it will be Empire or Empire/CIS compatible, and probably 0-0-0 and BT-1. Just a total guess.

I like your guess better though. We definitely need more CW content and sooner, than later.😊

If anyone knows for sure (especially about the Obi sculpt), sound off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, RyantheFett said:

So if CW is pushed back by a couple of weeks and R2/3P0 is push back to next year I wonder what the release schedule looks like now? I know they like to do only one a month so I wonder how/if the order will change up now?

Q4 still has Luke/Vader, weapon attachments, and ughh....... the bunker.

Next year we get Rex/dooku, B2/Phase2, tanks, and R2/3P0. The two unknowns are positioned before the tanks and B2/Phase2 so maybe Q1, which makes me wonder if the new factions will have to go wait another month or two get their stuff.

Feels like a pretty loaded Q1 next year and I wonder how much will just get pushed into Q2. Almost feels like they should avoid doing big reveals and stick with just two or three months when they have such volatile shipping dates and a PR department that is used like a punchline more often then not.

 

Really depends on if they choose to push everything back or not.  The AT-ST Down expansion came out the same month as Boosk and Sabine.  There's no reason why they couldn't release the Bunker along side the Operatives or heavy weapons expansions in November or December, and Escape pod along side Dooku and Rex in January, the corps in Febuary, and the tanks in March.  

Now, all that being said, as we've clearly seen, something is rotten in the state of Legion, and I wouldn't expect all of this to be out on time. 

11 hours ago, GooeyChewie said:

I’m hoping (albeit with no real evidence) that the missing SKUs are for GAR and CIS unit’s from Clone Wars Season 7, and that they are going to do a surprise announcement and quick release once the season airs.

Aww, you still have hope.  Good for you! 

Chances are, it's something that'll be completely worthless for GAR/CIS players, because hey, its not like we need any content or anything. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Alpha17 said:

Really depends on if they choose to push everything back or not.  The AT-ST Down expansion came out the same month as Boosk and Sabine.  There's no reason why they couldn't release the Bunker along side the Operatives or heavy weapons expansions in November or December, and Escape pod along side Dooku and Rex in January, the corps in Febuary, and the tanks in March.  

Now, all that being said, as we've clearly seen, something is rotten in the state of Legion, and I wouldn't expect all of this to be out on time. 

Aww, you still have hope.  Good for you! 

Chances are, it's something that'll be completely worthless for GAR/CIS players, because hey, its not like we need any content or anything. 

Some of the delays (probably most) could also be laid at the feet of LFL. Apparently FFG was all set for CW, but Lucasfilm contacted them and said, “We want you to do some GCW era stuff for us.” And that’s why we have Operative Luke & Vader, earlier than FFG wanted. LFL just keeps screwing up, but I guess it’s like all other bad companies, it stinks from the head.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Alpha17 said:

Really depends on if they choose to push everything back or not.  The AT-ST Down expansion came out the same month as Boosk and Sabine.  There's no reason why they couldn't release the Bunker along side the Operatives or heavy weapons expansions in November or December, and Escape pod along side Dooku and Rex in January, the corps in Febuary, and the tanks in March.  

Now, all that being said, as we've clearly seen, something is rotten in the state of Legion, and I wouldn't expect all of this to be out on time. 

Aww, you still have hope.  Good for you! 

Chances are, it's something that'll be completely worthless for GAR/CIS players, because hey, its not like we need any content or anything. 

Man, that was kind of dramatic. 

Core set is now early October. We’ll get personnel upgrades right away. Then in Jan, the next announced waves of content hit. 

We’ll have plenty for these armies before you know it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, TalkPolite said:

Man, that was kind of dramatic. 

Core set is now early October. We’ll get personnel upgrades right away. Then in Jan, the next announced waves of content hit. 

We’ll have plenty for these armies before you know it. 

I haven't seen anything that specifically says "early October" just "early Q4," which could be any part of October.

And since we don't know what the nature of the delay IS, we don't know how quickly it will be resolved. It sounds like it was a last minute delay, so no telling how long it will take to fully resolve.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, TalkPolite said:

The post from Matt said that. He might have been more specific on discord, I can try to find that! 

 

The delay is likely this - FFG makes a crap ton of games :P

That shouldn't be causing an "unexpected" delay at this point in their existence. Wasn't there a Facebook post that said "there wasn't a delay until there was a delay" indicating it was a sudden change, not a gradual thing like trying to manufacture a bunch of games? Could be a fire in a factory, a boat breaking down, an issue loading/unloading at the docks, or any number of unexpected things outside of FFGs control, that they don't want to specifically call out to avoid naming and shaming.

Most of the games that I know about MIGHT share card production facilities with Legion, so I could see there being an issue on the manufacturing end which wouldn't directly be the fault of FFG (factory tools up for wrong game, messes something up and prints Legion cards with Marvel backs, etc). I could also see some demand of Disney causing a delay ( last minute change to rulebook/model), which happens with licensed products. I'm almost surprised FFG had to rush out GCW stuff rather than something pertaining to The Mandalorian to coincide with the start of that show. 

I understand delays happen, and I'm mostly annoyed at the situation, not FFG. Especially since many people at my FLGS got boxes from GenCon (mostly indirectly) so are getting to play with the new stuff while I'm still waiting for one of the two factions I wanted from the start (still waiting on Weequay pirates/Hondo). 

My annoyance at FFG stems from that the company hasn't officially informed people there is a delay, but that's part of the point of the vague Upcoming page, it's harder to be late with no announced day/month.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Alpha17 said:
16 hours ago, GooeyChewie said:

I’m hoping (albeit with no real evidence) that the missing SKUs are for GAR and CIS unit’s from Clone Wars Season 7, and that they are going to do a surprise announcement and quick release once the season airs.

Aww, you still have hope.  Good for you! 

Chances are, it's something that'll be completely worthless for GAR/CIS players, because hey, its not like we need any content or anything. 

I am super interested in what the missing SKU will be because right now I am on the fence on how much say so Disney has over these products as well as who is to blame more. A Cassian/Iden sort of feels like Disney wanting to promote Battlefront 2 and the Cassian TV show. On the other hand, anything new for the CW would just show bad planning on the side of FF. I truly have no idea which way this thing will go.

4 hours ago, JediPartisan said:

Some of the delays (probably most) could also be laid at the feet of LFL. Apparently FFG was all set for CW, but Lucasfilm contacted them and said, “We want you to do some GCW era stuff for us.” And that’s why we have Operative Luke & Vader, earlier than FFG wanted. LFL just keeps screwing up, but I guess it’s like all other bad companies, it stinks from the head.

Funny part is Legion can't really benefit from this closer relationship with Disney like X-wing or Armada since it still trying to catch up. Armada got the first crack at the Starhawk which spread like wildfire through the fandom. X-wing got both Resistance and 9 that Disney would love to push out new ships(new Y and Bwing yaaa!). Both games are much older and in need of any new ships or pilots that Disney can throw their way. Legion is still so new that any special units promotion like Luke/Vader before a second commander for CIS/GAR can just feel off. I guess maybe next year if they do a Scum faction they can start teaming up with The Mandalorian to tease crazy new aliens and bounty hunters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, JediPartisan said:

I thought one of the two missing SKUs was the resculpt Obi (only available in Europe). My guess is that the other missing SKU has to do with what Alex Davy eluded to in the Notorious Scoundrels interview. He said there was another droid couple coming. My guess is that it will be Empire or Empire/CIS compatible, and probably 0-0-0 and BT-1. Just a total guess.

Alex also said that the new droids wouldnt be CIS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Vector Strike said:
2 hours ago, lunitic501 said:

Alex also said that the new droids wouldnt be CIS

NOOOOO

Ha! Okay lets look on the bright side of this. Maybe one of them is OOO/BT for Empire, but the last one could be Cad Bane or another operative for CIS. GAR and Rebels have to share since R2/3P0 are huge names in Star Wars and the pod is thrown in there as well. That way all 4 factions get something..................... I mean it's something right and besides rebellions are built on hope.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RyantheFett said:

Ha! Okay lets look on the bright side of this. Maybe one of them is OOO/BT for Empire, but the last one could be Cad Bane or another operative for CIS. GAR and Rebels have to share since R2/3P0 are huge names in Star Wars and the pod is thrown in there as well. That way all 4 factions get something..................... I mean it's something right and besides rebellions are built on hope.

But I think the other missing SKU is taken up by the other alternate Obi sculpt Expansion (Europe only).

So it means there will probably be 0-0-0/BT-1 in an imperial expansion, as part of LFL’s request to have more GCW stuff right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, JediPartisan said:

But I think the other missing SKU is taken up by the other alternate Obi sculpt Expansion (Europe only).

So it means there will probably be 0-0-0/BT-1 in an imperial expansion, as part of LFL’s request to have more GCW stuff right now.

NOOOOOOOOOOO!

If it really does turn out like then we really are in the worse timeline. Should of just did it in December.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The thing that gets me is that the CW is a whole starter set and there will be many new players who will just be starting with this core. Does FFG have the same level of advertising for its release as the original core? Will there be a “release day” like the original had? I mean, we’re already delayed and there probably won’t be any hype and on top of that LFL has to interfere. Good job killing things before they start, but at least it was a team effort.🤨

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Back5 said:

How do we know Disney interfered with the release schedule?

We don't. Disney probably doesn't really communicate to FFG. We know they have a relationship with LFL from before the buyout even, though. We do know based on a recent interview, LFL approached FFG about the time they were developing the CW Core set to do some more OT based releases, hence the development of Operative Luke and Vader, and possibly some more stuff. Disney/LFL needing to approve stuff because that's just how the license is has delayed some stuff in the past, though I dunno why it would push something only a month or two at the end of the production cycle, especially with some Core sets early release in the wild. I do know FFG has had a few other products delayed in general though, maybe they're having or had a bit of a production clog somewhere pushing things back a bit? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, TalkPolite said:

Man, that was kind of dramatic. 

Core set is now early October. We’ll get personnel upgrades right away. Then in Jan, the next announced waves of content hit. 

We’ll have plenty for these armies before you know it. 

True, but I'm allowed a little drama now and then.  Core set is now set for at some point in Q4, probably early Q4, but no real idea when.  We could get it as early as October 4th, but I'm skeptical.  The several releases this summer have been delayed, late, or messed up, and until we know why that has been the case, it's fair to assume that more releases going forward will be delayed as well.

Based on what we've seen, the personnel upgrades aren't all that necessary or helpful for the Clones, and only marginally more for the CIS.  They're geared towards the older factions so they can have cool heavy weapon upgrade options.  Besides that, "right away" is an interesting term, as the soonest I'd expect them would be November, but more than likely December.  Not how I'd say "right away" in mid-September, but I guess you're allowed to be dramatic as well.

And "before I know it" will likely be May or June of next year, at best, too late for AdeptiCon and the Invitational, and long enough that people will have drifted away from the new factions.  Heck, we've already seen it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Alpha17 said:

True, but I'm allowed a little drama now and then.  Core set is now set for at some point in Q4, probably early Q4, but no real idea when.  We could get it as early as October 4th, but I'm skeptical.  The several releases this summer have been delayed, late, or messed up, and until we know why that has been the case, it's fair to assume that more releases going forward will be delayed as well.

Based on what we've seen, the personnel upgrades aren't all that necessary or helpful for the Clones, and only marginally more for the CIS.  They're geared towards the older factions so they can have cool heavy weapon upgrade options.  Besides that, "right away" is an interesting term, as the soonest I'd expect them would be November, but more than likely December.  Not how I'd say "right away" in mid-September, but I guess you're allowed to be dramatic as well.

And "before I know it" will likely be May or June of next year, at best, too late for AdeptiCon and the Invitational, and long enough that people will have drifted away from the new factions.  Heck, we've already seen it. 

This 100%. A terrible summer for FFG legion. Disorganized, miscommunication, and poor product management. 

Yep, people are already drifting away because the hype has dropped significantly --> decrease in sales. 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...