Isn't it rich?
Isn't it odd?
Losing my timing this late in my career
But where are the clones?
There ought to be clones

Well, maybe next year
Edited by JediPartisan

5 hours ago, Mep said:

Will this even come out? Dewbacks got the "endangered species" tag and have been hold up "On the Boat" since April. With the ban on human cloning, I'm not sure the clone war stuff is allowed.

The first wave of Dewbacks were all packaged with the wrong base size (the huge instead of the Large I think?). So that's at least a KNOWN reason for a delay while FFG gets the right bases attached/put in boxes. 

I heard one player at my FLGS refer to it as a "Dewbacle." 

Just now, Caimheul1313 said:

The first wave of Dewbacks were all packaged with the wrong base size (the huge instead of the Large I think?). So that's at least a KNOWN reason for a delay while FFG gets the right bases attached/put in boxes. 

I heard one player at my FLGS refer to it as a "Dewbacle." 

A "Dewbacle"? sounds like a job for a mop.

4 hours ago, Darth evil said:

And by this i mean only releasing the core box and nothing else until January

Personnel expansion in November/December. C3PO and R2 (which can be used with GAR) in the fall as well. Time will fly by before the next big release. 

18 hours ago, Mep said:

Will this even come out? Dewbacks got the "endangered species" tag and have been hold up "On the Boat" since April. With the ban on human cloning, I'm not sure the clone war stuff is allowed.

Well, is cloning human illegal everywhere though?  I mean, FFG makes all this stuff in China for a reason after all, and their track record on human rights isn't exactly stellar.

10 hours ago, Darth evil said:

And by this i mean only releasing the core box and nothing else until January

^--- This.  So much this.  I don't have the table time with the droids to comment on them as a faction, but the Republic desperately needs some variety, as well as good support units.  The fact that it'll be 6 months after release (assuming the core releases this month) for the Clone Wars factions to have what the GCW did in 2-3 months is extremely frustrating.

5 hours ago, TalkPolite said:

Personnel expansion in November/December. C3PO and R2 (which can be used with GAR) in the fall as well. Time will fly by before the next big release. 

The upgrade expansion won't really be a big game changer unless the Captain/other guy in the pack offer some important abilities.  I doubt doubt R2/3P0 will help all that much; I'm as hardcore GAR as you can find, and I have no interest in that terrain expansion or the droids.  Those aside, it'll be a very long 4-6 months before the CW factions are even up to snuff with what the GCW had on release. 

30 minutes ago, Alpha17 said:

The upgrade expansion won't really be a big game changer unless the Captain/other guy in the pack offer some important abilities.  I doubt doubt R2/3P0 will help all that much; I'm as hardcore GAR as you can find, and I have no interest in that terrain expansion or the droids.  Those aside, it'll be a very long 4-6 months before the CW factions are even up to snuff with what the GCW had on release. 

From the feedback I've seen at least the GAR functions on the core units (at least up to store champ level)

The Cis are going to have a much rougher time of it till dooku and the tank drops

4 minutes ago, Ralgon said:

From the feedback I've seen at least the GAR functions on the core units (at least up to store champ level)

The Cis are going to have a much rougher time of it till dooku and the tank drops

That makes sense.  For a faction that was supposed to be a swarm faction, they're really not capable of doing that. 

2 hours ago, Alpha17 said:

Well, is cloning human illegal everywhere though?  I mean, FFG makes all this stuff in China for a reason after all, and their track record on human rights isn't exactly stellar.

^--- This.  So much this.  I don't have the table time with the droids to comment on them as a faction, but the Republic desperately needs some variety, as well as good support units.  The fact that it'll be 6 months after release (assuming the core releases this month) for the Clone Wars factions to have what the GCW did in 2-3 months is extremely frustrating.

On the bright side, the GAR is pretty competitive with what they have out of the core set. Token sharing and fire support are incredibly potent and Obi’s cards are very strong.

They really need some snipers though, or some cheap activations.

1 hour ago, Alpha17 said:

That makes sense.  For a faction that was supposed to be a swarm faction, they're really not capable of doing that. 

They weren't ever meant to be a swarm faction. B1s are cheap filler that allow you to take all the expensive stuff.

Which does mean they're going to suffer without said expensive stuff, though.

Edited by Squark

2 hours ago, Ralgon said:

I think that’s backwards tbh. CIS will have a much easier time keeping up for awhile. I was able to take a core box set list and 3-0 a local tournament this past weekend. I’ve also been playing then online in the Yavinbase team league, and won both games with them as well. 

My favorite list has 48 B1s, 20 wounds of Droideka (shield + health) and 8 wounds of Grevious. It looks and feels like a swarm on the table. 

Edited by TalkPolite

5 hours ago, R3dReVenge said:

On the bright side, the GAR is pretty competitive with what they have out of the core set. Token sharing and fire support are incredibly potent and Obi’s cards are very strong.

They really need some snipers though, or some cheap activations.

Oh, they're certainly functional, but have a definite weakness against certain strategies.  There's always some stuff you can do to mitigate them, but not much right now.  

They do really need some solid support options, as the BARC only really plays well with one or two strategies, and none of them are how I prefer to play. 

1 minute ago, Teravoc said:

I had heard the 19th Sept? UK that is.

Heard the same thing, but there's been no word since, and no indication that that is the correct date any better than the other dates people have been pulling from a hat.

Its not where I had heard it from, I heard it from my local shop. However another retailer seems to agree. So its not that out the hat. 

Currently due for release on 19/09/2019 (Pre-Order Now!)

(Please note the release date is an estimate and is subject to change)

8 hours ago, TalkPolite said:

I think that’s backwards tbh. CIS will have a much easier time keeping up for awhile. I was able to take a core box set list and 3-0 a local tournament this past weekend. I’ve also been playing then online in the Yavinbase team league, and won both games with them as well. 

My favorite list has 48 B1s, 20 wounds of Droideka (shield + health) and 8 wounds of Grevious. It looks and feels like a swarm on the table. 

Interesting.... it may just be my lack of exposure to droid info then, combined with grevious appearing to be a paradox for them. (He wants to be in cc but still back handing out orders)

7 hours ago, Ralgon said:

Interesting.... it may just be my lack of exposure to droid info then, combined with grevious appearing to be a paradox for them. (He wants to be in cc but still back handing out orders)

In that list I run 2 Rocket/Uplink B1s. If you keep your B1s in coordinate range, you can give an order to every B1 by popping an Uplink. The Dekas have to use AI, but they’re all that’s in your stack on a one pip. Strict orders means your B1s auto clear one suppression, and if they have less than 4 they just keep trucking. It’s awesome. 

Two of my recent games were casted on Twitch if you’d like to see how it works out. 

Edited by TalkPolite