Darth Sanguis

NEW Article up on point changes

That’d kind of an odd stance, saying you won’t update the physical cards.

so you want players that play casually to continue to use the printed cards as is, despite known cards/units that create a negative play experience.

but you want the errata/points to affect tournament play.  

One could infer that as designers, they are pushing competitive play as the standard, as opposed to casual?

Weird flex, but ok.

1 minute ago, joewrightgm said:

so you want players that play casually to continue to use the printed cards as is, despite known cards/units that create a negative play experience.

One could infer that as designers, they are pushing competitive play as the standard, as opposed to casual?

Weird flex, but ok.

I find it funny that they suggest new players use the Errata but also suggest that they use the printed point values on cards, not the updated "tournament" points. The errata and tournament point adjustments are found on facing pages of the RRG.

9 minutes ago, joewrightgm said:

Weird flex, but ok.

Its lawyer speak for keeping things in safe, if they said you had to get new stuff that creates a PR and legal nightmare. 

Remember even the emperor knew who the real power in the galactic senate was...

Honestly, I am ok with this.

I don't play competitively.

I am in a rural part of Utah where no one plays Legion, that I am aware of, and I prefer for the game be ready to go out of the box, minus the set-up, paints, and other things of course.

I personally don't care to go the extra mile on the issue personally, and if somehow, if I ever came to play competitively, I'll obviously look into it then, but for now, meh...

6 minutes ago, Canuck7 said:

Wish they'd offer updated cards. What's the point of having a card for quick reference if it's not accurate?

I think they assume we've all got great memories, which is why they don't make the errata in a printable friendly way. Then again, with such good memory for errata, we don't need the cards! :)

1 hour ago, Canuck7 said:

Wish they'd offer updated cards. What's the point of having a card for quick reference if it's not accurate?

The cards are needed at a game to reference the abilities, not the points cost. And they said new printings are going to be the errata’d versions, so if they do versions for organized play, it would be accurate.

22 minutes ago, UnitOmega said:

(Or the obvious answer, they may have to change the points again in like a year, which means another reprint. Why assume that the reduction is perfect the first time. If you do it once, you have to do it again)

Yup. And in two really casual lists the weak and strong stuff cancel out. 

I'm aware, maybe I should've been more clear. Don't care so much about points as the errata'd abilities, and wish I could acquire new cards that are accurate to the new ranges and text

2 hours ago, Derrault said:

The cards are needed at a game to reference the abilities, not the points cost. And they said new printings are going to be the errata’d versions, so if they do versions for organized play, it would be accurate.

1 hour ago, Canuck7 said:

I'm aware, maybe I should've been more clear. Don't care so much about points as the errata'd abilities, and wish I could acquire new cards that are accurate to the new ranges and text

I expect we’ll see them in promos; ideally those will be the next promo choices, but that tends to be whatever was most recently released, historically. 

2 hours ago, UnitOmega said:

Errata will be present in future reprints, and possible alt-arts or other promos. 

That is correct as announced. Otherwise no other solutions offered by FFG. I will try and remember the range 5 options.

On 9/5/2019 at 4:43 PM, Canuck7 said:

there was never any point to the cards other than that's the way FFG does business.  I've never used the cards that way. I either printed out a list or hand-wrote a list and played.

The Rules reference is just as inconvenient. Full rules aren't on the cards.

The play experience is kind of a pain and hassle.

honestly printing out you're own cards is the the way to fix this or print out you're own cheat sheet of rules.  The rules seem to change so much, our group could never seem to get a hold of things that first year. 

Edited by buckero0

18 hours ago, buckero0 said:

there was never any point to the cards other than that's the way FFG does business.  I've never used the cards that way. I either printed out a list or hand-wrote a list and played.

The Rules reference is just as inconvenient. Full rules aren't on the cards.

The play experience is kind of a pain and hassle.

honestly printing out you're own cards is the the way to fix this or print out you're own cheat sheet of rules.  The rules seem to change so much, our group could never seem to get a hold of things that first year. 

As opposed to what? Almost every other game that has a textbook sized rulebook with no cards at all to reference for unit abilities so you still end up printing out your own cheat sheets and unit stat lines? 

The core rules of Legion haven't really changed. They've added more keywords as more units came out, but would you rather the initial release had every keyword we have now when 3/4th of them weren't even on a unit yet?  

Edited by Caimheul1313

On 9/5/2019 at 12:04 PM, joewrightgm said:

Weird flex, but ok.

errata effects everyone. the points could change again. would you really want 3 versions if a card

Theyre trying to take a strange middle ground about updating things.  Its always been an unfortunate reality with the way FFG uses cards.  They should have never put points on the cards in the first place, but in the rules reference that came with the core.  Better yet, have a separate little pdf for each faction with all the points.

1 hour ago, Tirion said:

errata effects everyone. the points could change again. would you really want 3 versions if a card

Or just they could admit these were generating negative play experience and offer a booster pack of corrected cards.

Edited by joewrightgm

5 hours ago, Derrault said:

Worst idea ever. 

Pretty much, just the dewbacle will be costing them a mint. If ffg had to release errata for everything they needed to change across their range there would be no ffg