ThumperLOLZ

New Rules Reference Up w/ All Points and Erratas

2 hours ago, Dosiere said:

The e web could have a separate fire option that shoots, say, 4 white dice but had suppressive.  Alternatively a r4 option with fewer dice to simulate an aimed burst.  I think these types of options would make the game much more interesting if we had them on weapons.  

I could see both turrets getting this options soonish. Both the CIS and GAR should get a turret some time next year and most Legion expansions come with at least one new card.

That could be a reason that both the FD and the Eweb did not see too much change. Can also make the argument for the wookies and a few other units that may get cross play and a few new options.

20 hours ago, syrath said:

Could see that but I definitely don't think the e-web at this time is a bad choice as is.

Oh, no, certainly.  I've used E-Webs since their release almost religiously; until I started playing Republic, I only played one or two lists that didn't have at least one space maxim in the mix.  I just think they could have and should have been a little bit better.

20 hours ago, Dosiere said:

I thought it would be nice if the HMG equivalents we have had 2 attack options.  The e web could have a separate fire option that shoots, say, 4 white dice but had suppressive.  Alternatively a r4 option with fewer dice to simulate an aimed burst.  I think these types of options would make the game much more interesting if we had them on weapons.  

Oh, aboslutely.  Little difficult to do now, unfortunately, as it'd require a massive errata to add a completely new attack option, which is why I suggested the generator that extends range by 1.  As RyantheFett said, the Clone Wars factions will be getting emplacement troopers before too long, and packing it with them would be nice.  (especially if the Clones got an E-Web of their own, I need to get the Holy Web back into my lists!)

12 minutes ago, Alpha17 said:

Oh, no, certainly.  I've used E-Webs since their release almost religiously; until I started playing Republic, I only played one or two lists that didn't have at least one space maxim in the mix.  I just think they could have and should have been a little bit better.

Oh, aboslutely.  Little difficult to do now, unfortunately, as it'd require a massive errata to add a completely new attack option, which is why I suggested the generator that extends range by 1.  As RyantheFett said, the Clone Wars factions will be getting emplacement troopers before too long, and packing it with them would be nice.  (especially if the Clones got an E-Web of their own, I need to get the Holy Web back into my lists!)

The Republic emplacement support might be the EWHB-12 heavy repeating blaster if only to reduce the amount of duplication between GCW factions and the GAR. 

5 minutes ago, Caimheul1313 said:

The Republic emplacement support might be the EWHB-12 heavy repeating blaster if only to reduce the amount of duplication between GCW factions and the GAR. 

Possibly, though since we see actual E-Webs on a number of occasions in the show, there's no reason why they can't duplicate a few things.  They're not the exact model, but that could be because of the somewhat wonky animation of the show, or that its an early production model.  (E-Web Mk. I?)

latest?cb=20141224002123640?cb=20130121161731

I'd think that forcing new weapons/diversity into the game just for the sake of not duplicating a few weapons would be far more harmful than duplicating a few units for accuracy's sake.   But that's just me. 

Edited by Alpha17

30 minutes ago, Alpha17 said:

Possibly, though since we see actual E-Webs on a number of occasions in the show, there's no reason why they can't duplicate a few things.  They're not the exact model, but that could be because of the somewhat wonky animation of the show, or that its an early production model.  (E-Web Mk. I?)

latest?cb=20141224002123640?cb=20130121161731

I'd think that forcing new weapons/diversity into the game just for the sake of not duplicating a few weapons would be far more harmful than duplicating a few units for accuracy's sake.   But that's just me. 

I think those might be the EWHB, the wookiepedia article didn't have a photo.

Edit: A photo from the episodes that it apparently appears in.

Edited by Caimheul1313

11 minutes ago, Caimheul1313 said:

I think those might be the EWHB, the wookiepedia article didn't have a photo. 

This was the picture on the link you shared.  Looks to be from Republic Commando, and while the gun is very similar to the movie E-Web, it has a seat built in.

latest?cb=20060105032855

7 minutes ago, Alpha17 said:

This was the picture on the link you shared.  Looks to be from Republic Commando, and while the gun is very similar to the movie E-Web, it has a seat built in.

latest?cb=20060105032855

Sorry, I meant to say the picture on that article didn't show it on the Clone Wars episodes it is listed as appearing in.  I don't remember seeing any weapons with that exact appearance, but it has been awhile since I last watched Clone Wars. Republic Commando is now Legends, so it's possible they redesigned it for Clone wars to the screen grabs you shared. 

1 minute ago, Caimheul1313 said:

Sorry, I meant to say the picture on that article didn't show it on the Clone Wars episodes it is listed as appearing in.  I don't remember seeing any weapons with that exact appearance, but it has been awhile since I last watched Clone Wars. Republic Commando is now Legends, so it's possible they redesigned it for Clone wars to the screen grabs you shared. 

Ah, yeah, probably.