Sign in to follow this  
MasterShake2

LE Obi, complete with high ground

That's awesome. Yep, this is just cruel. I like the Obi Wan with armor we'll be getting, but I especially wanted a classic Kenobi look. Enjoy, those who will get him.

Most players will have two of his normal sculpt from the heavily suggested two core buy in, and it's a melee character with terrain that overhangs the base on just about every side. Certainly intended as a collectors piece, so I suppose that doesn't matter. It certainly looks awesome.

On a somewhat related note: I'd love somebody to 3-D print broken battle droids to use on bases.

Every time they do this I get mad.

I didn't care about Vader so much, the sculpt wasn't really all that unique, it was just Vader in a different pose...

There had better be an Obiwan operative to match this "version" or I'm gonna snap. We get the "clone wars" Obi unless you feel like forking over $150-$200. 

15kUBUC.jpg
It me though^

If the operative version of Obi Wan is coming, same cards but a more standard sculpt, then this is marginally ok.  If not, it's bound to cause bad feelings and negative attitudes towards the game and company.  IMHO of course.

Looks cool but since I'm in Australia there's zero chance I'll get one.

I don't understand why people are upset that they do this... they don't do this = you won't have one. They do this and you can't go = you won't have one. Can't we just be happy for those that will be there and buy this? It's not like it has any special powers or abilities (I'm looking at you star trek attack wing) from the regular one, it's just an alternate sculp.

1 hour ago, Tris87TJ said:

Looks cool but since I'm in Australia there's zero chance I'll get one.

I don't understand why people are upset that they do this... they don't do this = you won't have one. They do this and you can't go = you won't have one. Can't we just be happy for those that will be there and buy this? It's not like it has any special powers or abilities (I'm looking at you star trek attack wing) from the regular one, it's just an alternate sculp.

This is the internet, we don't do the "happiness for others" thing

I’ve never understood the “longterm” exclusive model for miniature games.

Why not have this convention be the only place you can get this for a year and then sell it through the FFG store?

Your fanbase is happy AND you make money. Bold concept in the miniature gaming genre, I know.

3 hours ago, R3dReVenge said:

Was he ever a commander for the rebels?

Short answer, no.

Long answer, still no.😋

Seriously, if “old Ben” was ever a Commander for the rebellion, it could be in the EU, but I don’t even think there. He could only be an Operative (as far as I can see).🤔

In the end I don’t really care as long as there aren’t things in there for the game itself that are exclusive, like an upgrade card or something.  Still, I don’t understand why they don’t offer them at retail at a later date and just give people a free pre release miniature with cool exclusive alt art cards.  Seems like a win win all around.

8 hours ago, Tris87TJ said:

I'm assuming FFG have made corrections to the post.  I'm sure it was announced initially as an 'operative' expansion, not a commander.  Had this been the case, it would not be just an alternate sculpt.  

It seems they meant to say Commander all along, in which case, I'm fine with it.  I still have bad memories of other companies where the LE and Prize additions to the game were considerably stronger than the standard units, hence the (perhaps knee-jerk) reaction.

5 hours ago, JediPartisan said:

Short answer, no.

Long answer, still no.😋

Seriously, if “old Ben” was ever a Commander for the rebellion, it could be in the EU, but I don’t even think there. He could only be an Operative (as far as I can see).🤔

It's entirely possible it could get written  in through this new series coming(It's not like the rebellion didn't know where he was)  but it's very unlikely he'll be throwing force powers or his lightsaber around given the low profile he needs to keep.

45 minutes ago, Ralgon said:

It's entirely possible it could get written  in through this new series coming(It's not like the rebellion didn't know where he was)  but it's very unlikely he'll be throwing force powers or his lightsaber around given the low profile he needs to keep.

Could be wrong but pretty sure only the Organas in the Rebellion knew about Obi Wan. Other than that no one else knew, when Ezra brought it up that he might be alive everyone seemed to believe he has been long dead. Even when captured no one squealed from the Tanitive about a jedi on the planet below them. Which seems to imply only Leia knew.

14 hours ago, Hawkstrike said:

Why can't I get an old Ben Kenobi commander for my Rebel army?

Because he was never a commander...

I would like to see old Ben as an operative though. That would make me spend money for sure.

14 hours ago, Tris87TJ said:

don't understand why people are upset that they do this... they don't do this = you won't have one. They do this and you can't go = you won't have one. Can't we just be happy for those that will be there and buy this? It's not like it has any special powers or abilities (I'm looking at you star trek attack wing) from the regular one, it's just an alternate sculp.

Exactly. I don’t know if it’s entitlement culture, jealousy, or what, but something good happening to someone else does NOT equal a bad thing happening to you because you didn’t get the good thing.

Good for them!

Theres a load of salt over in xwing forums now because the people who qualify and participate in worlds have an alternate paint mini coming their way. The people who earned their seat at the highest level of gameplay, and there’s salt because they won’t sell the mini online. I cannot understand this.

I dunno who is actually mad about them. I do think con exclusives are a generally bad thing though. If they're going to make them, they should make X per admissions ticket sold to the con, where X is a whole positive number, and limit them to X per customer. I don't like it when the companies create scarcity. It's just a big present to scalpers and with mass produced objects there's no reason for it. Once you are saddling up the machines to make them, it doesn't cost you anything to make a bunch more. I hate the false scarcity more than the actual event exclusivity. Like when Lego makes a very popular superhero minifig, once, as a con exclusive, without even making enough for the whole con, and that was the only way to ever get that character at all. It's just a huge present to con scalpers and Chinese counterfit factories.

PS Legion should have a dumb "Official Fan Club" I can join. I ❤️ sending people money to get stupid stuff in the mail.

Edited by TauntaunScout

5 minutes ago, TauntaunScout said:

I dunno who is actually mad about them. I do think con exclusives are a generally bad thing though. If they're going to make them, they should make X per admissions ticket sold to the con, where X is a whole positive number, and limit them to X per customer. I don't like it when the companies create scarcity. It's just a big present to scalpers and with mass produced objects there's no reason for it. Once you are saddling up the machines to make them, it doesn't cost you anything to make a bunch more. I hate the false scarcity more than the actual event exclusivity. Like when Lego makes a very popular superhero minifig, once, as a con exclusive, without even making enough for the whole con, and that was the only way to ever get that character at all. It's just a huge present to con scalpers and Chinese counterfit factories.

PS Legion should have a dumb "Official Fan Club" I can join. I ❤️ sending people money to get stupid stuff in the mail.

The only con exclusive I would get mad over is if they made an alternate Tauntaun that didn't have the rider and just had the Tauntaun holding the DL-44...

Unlike the exclusive Vader, I really like this one.  Like, probably far more than I should.  I've been hoping someone would put out a good, Ep. III version of Obi-Wan I could add to my collection, and it looks like FFG were the ones to do that.  I was so disappointed when I realized it was a con exclusive.

All that said, I'm not mad about it.  Its a really cool mini, and while I'm certainly jealous at ze Germans and everyone else going to the Con will have a chance to get it, I'm glad they did it.  Maybe I'll get lucky and score one on Ebay for less than my soul.  (probably not)  Either way, this most certainly isn't worth the rage people on Facebook seem to feel over the subject. 

1 minute ago, MasterShake2 said:

The only con exclusive I would get mad over is if they made an alternate Tauntaun that didn't have the rider and just had the Tauntaun holding the DL-44...

What about a squad of 7 baby tauntauns on small bases holding Rebel Trooper's weaponry? The one 3rd party resin stuff I'd buy. An actual army of tauntauns.