SpiderMana

FFG Live Legion -- Points Changes being discussed!

7 minutes ago, R3dReVenge said:

Same. Right about this. Right about FO/Resistance factions getting the boot. 

It's as if I know somethingūüėé

when am I getting Commander Hera with chopper counterpart? how will they let me use the whole rebel crew at once?

Edited by Tirion

Scopes to 4 points. Upcoming  Separatists may consider these with binos now.

All force users just got points (consider reflexes a card to staple on) back (vader a little more)

Any flavor atrt for 75 points....

This is gonna mix up the meta a lot......

7 minutes ago, Ralgon said:

Scopes to 4 points. Upcoming  Separatists may consider these with binos now.

All force users just got points (consider reflexes a card to staple on) back (vader a little more)

Any flavor atrt for 75 points....

This is gonna mix up the meta a lot......

you do realize that binos and scopes are two different upgrades and that seps can't use scopes at all as that is a gear slot

5 hours ago, Darkwinter said:

Really pleased. 

If we get more reductions, jyn, path finders etc... 

I’d like them to max activation cap 10. (Id prefer 9) 

This will probably be the natural progression for all armies except separatists, since they have such cheap units.

So I wonder what is left to get buffed? Most of the rocket launchers and ion weapons and jyn/Pathfinder for sure. I wonder about han and the wookies? Maybe i can see a few point shaved off?

As for empire I don't play them so I can only go by what others would say. Maybe red guards or papa palp?

1 hour ago, RyantheFett said:

So I wonder what is left to get buffed? Most of the rocket launchers and ion weapons and jyn/Pathfinder for sure. I wonder about han and the wookies? Maybe i can see a few point shaved off?

As for empire I don't play them so I can only go by what others would say. Maybe red guards or papa palp?

not that I'm going to cry if the Pathfinders get a reduction but again I say..... they are appropriately costed

5 hours ago, Tirion said:

not that I'm going to cry if the Pathfinders get a reduction but again I say..... they are appropriately costed

I agree but I'd argue their config upgrade is too expensive.  Should be several points cheaper.  They have a good punch base but unlike death troopers are much squishier and lack all the keywords like impact and blast.  Theyre very weak against units in cover at range and require a round or two to get their keywords really working.  

The rebels already have units that can punch hard at range 3.  I think giving them the config upgrade lets them fill a role that really differentiates them from the rebel core options and the commandos but its too expensive now.

9 hours ago, poke450 said:

This will probably be the natural progression for all armies except separatists, since they have such cheap units.

They only have one cheap unit. Eveything else is really expensive. People keep calling them a swarm faction, which they decidedly are not. They are a faction with a single "swarm" unit.

52 minutes ago, TauntaunScout said:

Not necessarily. If vehicles are better, ion guns automatically just got better too. Maybe not enough better but I think it’s better to wait and see. 

Even if they were better, they were still wildly overpriced, even when put up against vehicles (mostly because of the need to exhaust them).

19 minutes ago, arnoldrew said:

They only have one cheap unit. Eveything else is really expensive. People keep calling them a swarm faction, which they decidedly are not. They are a faction with a single "swarm" unit.

Agreed they have been described by Alex Davy as a min max army not a swarm army. I think the intent is have really cheap corp so u have more room for the big guns/can fit more of thos Corp in then if it was another faction.

13 minutes ago, Ghost Dancer said:

IHas it been confirmed that there are more changes than those mentioned, or is that wishful thinking from some players?

Yes full list drops on friday

4 minutes ago, arnoldrew said:

Even if they were better, they were still wildly overpriced, even when put up against vehicles (mostly because of the need to exhaust them).

Yes but the hh12 and mpl5 in trooper both got point decrease and it was implied the other ion/av weapons would be see point decreases when the full list drops

17 hours ago, Darth Sanguis said:

I think it certainly reflects the development team's priorities. 

Release schedule> Game balance

This makes me very nervous about the upcoming factions.

Agreed.  I understood their explanation for the changes to the Rebel Vet's heavy weapon, but the fact that a they had to tweak a unit that's been out just over a month is worry some.  I don't want this game becoming X-Wing. 

13 minutes ago, Alpha17 said:

Agreed.  I understood their explanation for the changes to the Rebel Vet's heavy weapon, but the fact that a they had to tweak a unit that's been out just over a month is worry some.  I don't want this game becoming X-Wing. 

Apparenlty they cahnged the CM at the last minute (removed Suppressive {?!}) and then either didn't playtest the change enough or forgot to update the cost. Not a good sign, but not the end of the world. It was pretty plain how terrible it was.

10 hours ago, Tirion said:

This is pretty much how I felt about the e-web. They've done excellent work in my metagame. I approve of the changes we did get, though- Plodding was probably the real problem, and making the generators more efficient seems like a good idea (I always left them off as they didn't seem to do enough for their cost). Hopefully Pathfinders get a similar treatment.