Jump to content
SpiderMana

FFG Live Legion -- Points Changes being discussed!

Recommended Posts

@SpiderMana
"T-47 is 140 points, weapons dropped as well."

So, to be clear they dropped it 35 point and changed nothing else about the base unit?

@R3dReVenge
"As I’ve said in several threads.  

@Derrault 

This is exciting!"

I mean, I'll take the free points, but I assume this will just lead to most armies including a Heavy of some kind.

Also, someone mentioned on another thread that snipers are getting a points increase? Depends on how much they increased by, but the justification for bringing snipers at all was to pad activations; if they're as or more expensive than any alternative, they don't seem to have a purpose.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Derrault said:

@SpiderMana
"T-47 is 140 points, weapons dropped as well."

So, to be clear they dropped it 35 point and changed nothing else about the base unit?

@R3dReVenge
"As I’ve said in several threads.  

@Derrault 

This is exciting!"

I mean, I'll take the free points, but I assume this will just lead to most armies including a Heavy of some kind.

Also, someone mentioned on another thread that snipers are getting a points increase? Depends on how much they increased by, but the justification for bringing snipers at all was to pad activations; if they're as or more expensive than any alternative, they don't seem to have a purpose.

Correct. Buzzer got reduced to 10 points. 

Sniper teams went up 4 points base (nerf to saboteurs too).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reduction in ranges for snipers is a great solution in my opinion - increase in points cost does slightly improve the efficiency in taking the larger special forces squads lowing the range of course means the whole squad at that point is likely to see more action. Does not completely kill it for those enjoying the triple sniper with all the other points reductions I think the 12 points is really inconsequential.

I remember reading somewhere about the Hoth - Power Creep. Maybe there was something in that after all lol.

Bit of

Leia, Han, Turret, twin Tauntauns, double Vets, Emplacement + T47. Thematic list at least :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hopefully they will also put a rule in. The points of support + heavy can not exceed 50% of your total army value. I’d hate this game to swing the other way. 2 at st 3 speeder bikes 3 storms and veers. Scary 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Darkwinter said:

Hopefully they will also put a rule in. The points of support + heavy can not exceed 50% of your total army value. I’d hate this game to swing the other way. 2 at st 3 speeder bikes 3 storms and veers. Scary 

How does that list expect to win an objective based game though? 

People will always have knee-jerk reactions to power level adjustments. I'm sure everything will be fine... The biggest nerf to sniper teams has to be that more vehicle options are available at a reasonable price. The actual increase in sniper price is pretty negligible.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I may be over reacting 🤯

however I can see this being a thing in competitive play. 

Of the 5 missions only 2 require actual troopers to claim or damage repair. 

In the damage repair you place yours next to your troops and it usually boils down to points killed for the win. 4 units (veers + storms) should be able to achieve this. 

Claim is different. However you hide your troopers and go big guns after your opponent. 3 speeders and 2 at st s can do a lot of damage. Hopefully you can push back your opponent for a late game win. 

It’s not an auto win. But my god I hate to go against it with a normal army. 

Its a simple fix to prevent this kind of abuse. 

 

Edited by Darkwinter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Darkwinter said:

I may be over reacting 🤯

however I can see this being a thing in competitive play. 

Of the 5 missions only 2 require actual troopers to claim or damage repair. 

In the damage repair you place yours next to your troops and it usually boils down to points killed for the win. 4 units (veers + storms) should be able to achieve this. 

Claim is different. However you hide your troopers and go big guns after your opponent. 3 speeders and 2 at st s can do a lot of damage. Hopefully you can push back your opponent for a late game win. 

It’s not an auto win. But my god I hate to go against it with a normal army. 

Its a simple fix to prevent this kind of abuse. 

 

I think you should be afraid of x2 AAT lists over x2 AT-ST lists. The reduction of AT-STs is to make them in line with the new powerful heavies. 

The T-47 point reduction is quite generous. I estimated around 20-30 (max) and we got a 35 + 10 (buzzer) point reduction. 

Don't worry, the meta will adapt, more AV will be brought and the cyclic nature of these games will continue. 

 

Vehicles are cheap and good -> People bring AV -> Vehicles become much less effective -> People bring less vehicles and more infantry -> People see less vehicles, so they reduce AV -> People see less AV so they bring vehicles. 

 

We've never really saw this in this game because vehicles were so darn expensive, that normal troop lists could beat them with very few AV options.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, R3dReVenge said:

Correct. Buzzer got reduced to 10 points. 

Sniper teams went up 4 points base (nerf to saboteurs too).

Good gravy! So, 4 dice for the price of 1 extra trooper.

Yeah, no way would I spend 48 points to get 2 wounds on the table. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...