R3dReVenge

Which 3 units do you want to see point adjustments to?

3 hours ago, Derrault said:

Both tauntauns and Speederbikes have white surge dice, and the speeder bikes having cover 1 is actually better if they suffer multiple attacks.

Speeder bikes are slightly faster with the compulsory and the ability to hop terrain; Tauntauns are slightly more durable with the extra hit point, Speeder bikes have better dice at a better range. 

33%=slightly???

If speeders want to be faster, yes they can go significantly faster but if they want to attack at all, they are going the same speed as tauntauns. Speeders get 2 speed 3 moves, then can attack with no aims or dodges. Tauntauns, on the other hand, get that same 2 speed 3 moves, 2 dodges, and a free attack action with sharpshooter. Granted speeders have the ability for a further move, and have range 3 over 2 but the comparison still isn't great. I don't think speeders need to be buffed to equal to tauntauns, I just think considering all the comparisons, they should not cost the same and speeders should get a pts decrease. 

Yeah because understanding something in a greater context is a bad thing. 

And FFG surely would hate it if we actually liked the GW universe they license out.  It’s not like they let some of us use Space Marines as avatars or anything. 

You must not pay much attention if you can mistake me for a GW apologist though. 

18 minutes ago, Tirion said:

33%=slightly???

I assume the Speeder bikes only rarely triple moves, and the Tauntaun is speed 3 and has relentless, so it can also double move and shoot.

That being said, they’re basically equivalents with minor variations for both. They don’t need a points decrease nor do any other units; instead of trying to make everything a hammer, players maybe ought to recognize that there’s a lot of different tools in the box, and not every tool is suitable for every situation. 

Edited by Derrault

17 minutes ago, TauntaunScout said:

And FFG surely would hate it if we actually liked the GW universe they license out.  It’s not like they let some of us use Space Marines as avatars or anything. 

You must not pay much attention if you can mistake me for a GW apologist though. 

Also you were talking about Warmachine which is decidedly not a GW product. Don't worry though, you're getting ranted at by a misogynist POS who I believe may have actually used the term "social engineering" un-ironically and was probably a stones throw away from talking about "Cultural Marxism" and lobsters...

3 minutes ago, GreatMazinkaiser said:

Also you were talking about Warmachine which is decidedly not a GW product. Don't worry though, you're getting ranted at by a misogynist POS who I believe may have actually used the term "social engineering" un-ironically and was probably a stones throw away from talking about "Cultural Marxism" and lobsters...

Ha ha ...gotcha...yeah, war machine is not a GW product. You are hooked after taking the bait...straight onto that loon Petersen...

Virtue signalling schill...

now get back on topic

...and what about your smart *** jibe about tauntaun s now?

27 minutes ago, TauntaunScout said:

Rally the troops to your defence...

this forum is full of irrelevant waffle and your type continually hijack to promote self...

who will you send next...Evil inc or derrault?

1 hour ago, GhengisharnIV said:

Ha ha ...gotcha...yeah, war machine is not a GW product. You are hooked after taking the bait...straight onto that loon Petersen...

Virtue signalling schill...

now get back on topic

...and what about your smart *** jibe about tauntaun s now?

I ain't virtue signalling... there's plenty of reasons to dislike TLJ without ******* about SJWs/women/etc. It's just not a very good movie taken as a whole product.

1 hour ago, GhengisharnIV said:

Rally the troops to your defence...

this forum is full of irrelevant waffle and your type continually hijack to promote self...

who will you send next...Evil inc or derrault?

Ooh ooh me, pick me! 

37 minutes ago, GreatMazinkaiser said:

I ain't virtue signalling... there's plenty of reasons to dislike TLJ without ******* about SJWs/women/etc. It's just not a very good movie taken as a whole product.

You are a foul mouthed bully. I do not want my reputation soiled by you throwing POS at me you woman hating filth.

1 hour ago, GreatMazinkaiser said:

Probably due to Mary Sue beating Kylo over and over again. I'm quite curious to see how Abrams is going to fix this Rian Johnson mess. 

11 hours ago, Derrault said:

Both tauntauns and Speederbikes have white surge dice, and the speeder bikes having cover 1 is actually better if they suffer multiple attacks.

Speeder bikes are slightly faster with the compulsory and the ability to hop terrain; Tauntauns are slightly more durable with the extra hit point, Speeder bikes have better dice at a better range. 

Tauntauns have 33% more HP, they get free dodge tokens when moving (and they can find cover more easily), they can run into melee to hide from ranged attacks, their attack is not arc-locked and while they have less dice, they're all red with Sharpshooter, which puts their average damage output on par (or even above - can't check now) with the bikes.Also, while they can move as fast as bikes and still shoot, they don't have to, while the compulsory move of the bikes can be a disadvantage (I had a unit of Speeder bikes compulsory move right into my waiting Deathtroopers on Standby, it wasn't pretty ;) )
They can be suppressed and panicked, though.

Overall, they look much better than Speeder Bikes for the same cost.

1 hour ago, costi said:

Tauntauns have 33% more HP, they get free dodge tokens when moving (and they can find cover more easily), they can run into melee to hide from ranged attacks, their attack is not arc-locked and while they have less dice, they're all red with Sharpshooter, which puts their average damage output on par (or even above - can't check now) with the bikes.Also, while they can move as fast as bikes and still shoot, they don't have to, while the compulsory move of the bikes can be a disadvantage (I had a unit of Speeder bikes compulsory move right into my waiting Deathtroopers on Standby, it wasn't pretty ;) )
They can be suppressed and panicked, though.

Overall, they look much better than Speeder Bikes for the same cost.

And bikes have impact 2, Speeder 1 (can fly over decors). 

So if Bikes lose impact 2, speeder 1 and Vehicule key-word, they must have a lesser cost than Tauntauns. 

11 hours ago, GhengisharnIV said:

You are a foul mouthed bully. I do not want my reputation soiled by you throwing POS at me you woman hating filth.

I'd say the biggest bully in this thread is you; for whatever reason, you seem to want to personally insult everyone here for any number of reasons.  I hated the sequels with a firery passion, and then to think that indeed, Rey is a Mary Sue.  I also don't care about GW games or enjoy constantly hearing "well, in XXX game we could do this, Legion should do the same."  That said, there's no reason to be as coarse, rude, and insulting as you are here.  I can't say I've ever reported a post on here before, but I have now. 

Edited by Alpha17

11 hours ago, R3dReVenge said:

Probably due to Mary Sue beating Kylo over and over again. I'm quite curious to see how Abrams is going to fix this Rian Johnson mess. 

Rey was demonstrably able to fight from her time scrounging on Jakku, and, if you maybe recall from the Clone Wars and prequels, being trained isn’t exactly a free pass to

4 hours ago, M.Mustermann said:

The T47 is actually really bad against Tauntauns.

If you would have tried it, you would know that. 

I have and it wrecked them. RIP tauntauns. 

No impact, no surge to crit, can’t melee = sitting duck.  

Edited by Derrault

4 hours ago, M.Mustermann said:

The T47 is actually really bad against Tauntauns.

If you would have tried it, you would know that. 

Careful friend. Derrault thinks the T-47 is more durable than an AAT. 

It's very hard to reason with someone who is lost.

37 minutes ago, Derrault said:

Rey was demonstrably able to fight from her time scrounging on Jakku, and, if you maybe recall from the Clone Wars and prequels, being trained isn’t exactly a free pass to

Living as a nomad means gaining the combative skills to take out a Sith lord????

It's very clear that both of us have different viewpoints on several topics regarding the SW franchise / SW legion. There is no reason for us to discuss them as it will just lead to further debates / arguments. 

1 hour ago, R3dReVenge said:

Living as a nomad means gaining the combative skills to take out a Sith lord????

Well there’s also the line of argument that goes, the reason train has left the station, so why pick and choose? We’re already waaaay through the looking glass with looking up and seeing 5 planets explode in realtime. 

Though she did not “take out” Ren. 

Edited by TauntaunScout

2 hours ago, R3dReVenge said:

AKSHUALLY, Kylo is not a Sith. He has specifically NOT been a Sith since the moment he was revealed prior to The Force Awakens' release. The only group or ideology we know that he's a part of is the Knights of Ren, which we know basically nothing about.

3 hours ago, Derrault said:

I have and it wrecked them. RIP tauntauns. 

No impact, no surge to crit, can’t melee = sitting duck.  

Nice theory. The problem of the T-47 against the Tauntauns is not its defence though. Noone who knows what he is doing would ever shoot at the airspeeder with a Tauntaun list. The purpose of the Tauntauns is to mess up trooper units and prevent them from moving to the centre. The airspeeder cannot do a lot against that.

The best case scenario for the T-47 is that it shoots twice on the same unit of Tauntauns without dodge or cover before they are constantly engaged from turn 2 to turn 6. When their melee opponent withdraws, they can simply charge another unit and then reengage a unit that has allready been activated. Even with 2 clean shots, you have to roll extremly hot to kill more than one miniature.

The most viable tactics vs Tauntauns are to overload them with suppression, mess them up with other melee units like Luke or to focus them down. The T-47 is not very helpful with this because his output and its activation count is too pathetic in relation to his cost. Even 3 Trooper units would do more damage against a tauntaun charge on their way in and during the ensuing melee.

The only strength of the T-47 is its mobility. This can be utilized against targets with few and expensive wounds. The Tauntauns are resilient and run towards your gunline anyway.

Edited by M.Mustermann

3 minutes ago, arnoldrew said:

AKSHUALLY, Kylo is not a Sith. He has specifically NOT been a Sith since the moment he was revealed prior to The Force Awakens' release. The only group or ideology we know that he's a part of is the Knights of Ren, which we know basically nothing about.

Once again, bad writing by Abrams and company. How do they expect viewers to know this difference if it isn't even clear in the movie?

What a joke of a movie.