Jump to content
R3dReVenge

Which 3 units do you want to see point adjustments to?

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, ScottGilbert25 said:

Make all commanders free like Warmachine. Maybe the exhaust weapons too. How often do you do a recover action?

What does this mean? We don’t all play war machine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, R3dReVenge said:

What does this mean? We don’t all play war machine

Warmachine is very similar to Legion and if I remember correctly the commanders did not cost anything. In fact they made units cheaper by removing points from other units.

Overall legion I say is a better version of warmachine in almost every way. Legion is cheaper, only the unit leader has to be measured, rules for abilites are on the cards, faster game, rotate between players moving units, and the big one here if the leader dies the game goes on. Caster assassination for the win may have been the worse thing I have ever seen.

Really the only thing warmachine had going for it was when it rebooted they put all the point cost online (people had to pay for it tho by faction!!). Which really seems a good way to avoid a lot of problems for the future of a game. Of course we will find out on Tuesday (fingers cross) if they start throwing points online. Come on 20 to 30 points off the air speeder!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reduce the pts of speeder bikes by maybe 5-10. You compare them to tauntauns and man it's such a terrible comparison for the same price. I'd also like to see the AT-ST price go down a tad, especially the weapon upgrades. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RyantheFett said:

Of course we will find out on Tuesday (fingers cross) if they start throwing points online

They won't, they said in the stream that if the rebalance legion it would be the old fashioned way with errata and pdf. They said they liked the app for X-wing but it ended up being more of a hassle on their end then they expected.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RyantheFett said:

Warmachine is very similar to Legion and if I remember correctly the commanders did not cost anything. In fact they made units cheaper by removing points from other units.

Overall legion I say is a better version of warmachine in almost every way. Legion is cheaper, only the unit leader has to be measured, rules for abilites are on the cards, faster game, rotate between players moving units, and the big one here if the leader dies the game goes on. Caster assassination for the win may have been the worse thing I have ever seen.

Really the only thing warmachine had going for it was when it rebooted they put all the point cost online (people had to pay for it tho by faction!!). Which really seems a good way to avoid a lot of problems for the future of a game. Of course we will find out on Tuesday (fingers cross) if they start throwing points online. Come on 20 to 30 points off the air speeder!!

I see. This would never work in legion though. Way to much work to rebalance commanders / operatives and it would take away from the theme of the game.

I can't wait to hear the changes on Tuesday.

Hoping, the T-47 will become playable, and snipers are restricted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Squark said:

1) Darth Vader (Commander)

2) T-47

3) Pathfinders

 

Sniper teams probably need something besides a point adjustment, especially since I'd rather not see saboteurs get hurt by the same change.

strike teams just need to be a detachment.

as far as Pathfinders they can do the most damage at range 4. they are one of a very small group of infantry that can actually defend against snipers.  average damage at range 3 is maybe best in the game for infantry (I need to double check that), at range 2 their damage is ridicules. yes this all assumes their weapon upgrade. 

they are appropriately costed imo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Tirion said:

it's one of the only things in the game with blast and impact.

Yep, and it's still absolute horrible, especially given that those two abilities don't really interact and only one of them is likely to trigger at a time. The scattergun is actually just as good against things in cover with it's Pierce 1. The grenade launcher is slightly better against armored targets, but the fact that it taps makes it laughably bad and objectively the worse choice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

as far as the t47 goes I'm on board with a point reduction but I think it's issues are bigger than that the main weapon needs critical, blast or it needs sharpshooter something like that and the ground buzzer need suppression

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, arnoldrew said:

Yep, and it's still absolute horrible, especially given that those two abilities don't really interact and only one of them is likely to trigger at a time. The scattergun is actually just as good against things in cover with it's Pierce 1. The grenade launcher is slightly better against armored targets, but the fact that it taps makes it laughably bad and objectively the worse choice.

you're trolling right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tirion said:

you're trolling right?

I'm not. The MPL on Fleets is absolutely horrible. If I couldn't take the Scattergun I would just take the unit naked and use the points elsewhere. The scattergun is actually so good that I probably wouldn't take Fleets without it. The MPL Barrage gun would be the worst heavy weapon in the game if the Snowtrooper Ion gun didn't exist.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, GhengisharnIV said:

...and for the third, increase Tauntauns by 20 as they are too gud...

No.

What other unit do the rebels have that is remotely as good? Leave them be. 

Or at least increase Bosk by 25

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, gothound said:

No.

What other unit do the rebels have that is remotely as good? Leave them be. 

Or at least increase Bosk by 25

I actually think tauntauns are reasonably priced, my main gripe is that speeders are the same price, but not nearly as good so I'd like to see them go down. 

I don't think Bossk needs to go up pts wise, he's good but also has some quite significant weaknesses, like having a T-shirt save. That being said, if he went up 20pts I'd still use him all the time. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Asvaldir said:

I actually think tauntauns are reasonably priced, my main gripe is that speeders are the same price, but not nearly as good so I'd like to see them go down. 

I don't think Bossk needs to go up pts wise, he's good but also has some quite significant weaknesses, like having a T-shirt save. That being said, if he went up 20pts I'd still use him all the time. 

 

I can agree on that. The speeder bikes work well as flankers but they are pretty frail, therefore can't really be compared to the tauntauns despite being the same cost. 

And Bosk is beatable, that was more of a knee-jerk reaction in this giant space-divorce/galactic civil war 

"OH, you're taking my fur lizards? WELL IM taking the crit lizard AND the kids!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yup bikes are cool but they really can't compare at all to tauntauns, I know their role isn't the same but for the same cost, they just can't compare at all. I'm reasonably optimistic their price may actually change, considering they were one of the very first units in the game to come out they could use a rebalance pts cost after loads of new stuff has come out. 

Lol, Bossk is just too fun not to use often. I have yet to face Tauntauns yet but he's frequently a staple in my list.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, arnoldrew said:

I'm not. The MPL on Fleets is absolutely horrible. If I couldn't take the Scattergun I would just take the unit naked and use the points elsewhere. The scattergun is actually so good that I probably wouldn't take Fleets without it. The MPL Barrage gun would be the worst heavy weapon in the game if the Snowtrooper Ion gun didn't exist.

I could not disagree more, on the mpl. even if I considered it bad it isn't the second worse (though we completely agree on what is the worst) I think the new vet heavy is pretty trash for the cost and comes in second. it would be better on a different unit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My top 3 list:

T-47; I have only ever seen this played once.  It needs help.

AT-ST; Again, it needs a slight bit of help.  I know that a lot of people will say the new pilot that comes with the tank helps, but a $75 dollar upgrade to play the AT-ST isn't a good fix.   Much like the t-47, it needs to be playable for those who buy it.  

Tauntauns; Curse them.  They are ridiculous, and just slaughter infantry.   Their design seemed to be lets throw all the keywords at the card and see what sticks.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gothound said:

No.

What other unit do the rebels have that is remotely as good? Leave them be. 

Or at least increase Bosk by 25

Most of the requests to rebalance really do devolve into: I don’t like playing against Unit X so it should be more expensive OR it would benefit me if Unit X was cheaper.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gothound said:

I can agree on that. The speeder bikes work well as flankers but they are pretty frail, therefore can't really be compared to the tauntauns despite being the same cost. 

And Bosk is beatable, that was more of a knee-jerk reaction in this giant space-divorce/galactic civil war 

"OH, you're taking my fur lizards? WELL IM taking the crit lizard AND the kids!"

Both tauntauns and Speederbikes have white surge dice, and the speeder bikes having cover 1 is actually better if they suffer multiple attacks.

Speeder bikes are slightly faster with the compulsory and the ability to hop terrain; Tauntauns are slightly more durable with the extra hit point, Speeder bikes have better dice at a better range. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Derrault said:

T-47 murders Tauntauns; of course, if you tried it, you’d know that. 

Yeah, that”s movie accurate. I find your juvenile language (“murders”) and attitude similar to many a GW accolyte (And you know those characters wasting FFG resources pushing their junk here yanks my chain).

”if you tried it”....?? Who said Sharn tried “it”...what are you referring to....?

 I am awaiting your battle report or proof. You set up strawman (oops...must be so careful) straw person arguments like a troll but are not very “gud” at it me thinks.

sorry you made a poor choice as I currently enjoy fishing...some said I should change my username on this forum to catfish...

stop with the virtue signalling before it is too late LOL

Have you read 1984? If not, recommended...might be above your capacity to utilise some fundamental truths contained within however, as indicated by your responses. Good hunting...and go (chortle) ‘murder” some plastic beasts...like...yeah...uhhh...totally murder them....guffaw 

 

 

regarding points...when a T47 meets point costs that make viable for tournament players you may actually see increased usage and some tauntauns uselessly clawing at the air in indignant reprisal against their treacherous brother rebels (much like  Derro alt and friends)...unless they were already (LOL) “murdered”. Actually, it would likely be a war crime as rebel v rebel so you could be technically correct...I will give George Lucas’ legal team a call...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't have a problem with the t47 and AtSt getting reductions. If you're going to mess with the strike team point costs, just raise the sniper rifle not the suicide bomber.

And leave Tauntauns alone. They just barely released them and the imperial counterparts have not come out yet. Give it some time before changing everything.

Personally i would prefer they rerelease cards or put them in the tourney packs than a pdf. It avoids confusion at the table way more than a pdf which a lot of people don't see

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, TauntaunScout said:

Casters in Warmachine had a different sort of variable cost. They all came with 0+ extra points. Which had to be spent on warjacks. So a sucky caster was balanced against a better caster by having more free points to spend on warjacks. 

Some of you GW 40K obsessives give those poor guys wanting FO/ Resistance Legion material a bad name. The genuine cinema goers who became interested in Legion believing there may be an opportunity to game with miniatures some TLJ stuff with friends and family are overshadowed by two groups.

One group has a continued obsession with trooper outfits/military uniform/40K lore and all the chapter BS not wanted here. You guys encourage dissent with elitist spending pattens learnt from consistent Stockholm syndrome response to GW methods. 

Tauntaun, you seem to want to break Star Wars discussion like Holdo ramming a radish at light speed into a big *** FO mother ship...the traditional Star Wars rules of engagement were broken and something strange had some viewers upset.

I do not give a toss about your non Star Wars escapades unless they have direct relation to a topic...

Be nice and take the self serving elitist attitude about what a wonderful non FFG product was/is/did for you away from these boards. It is a waste of space methinks...

The second group are the ideological fans of the force is female marketing crew who decry the opponents of TLJ failures such as the immersion breaking  Holdo manoeuvre, Death Star reskin or heroine Rey Mary-Sue trope as some sort of female hating nerd. These folk take outrage to anew level ini an attempt to self soothe.

These two have sort of merged into a mishmash of wants reflected in the need to purchase new shinies...

Actually, there is another bunch I have spotted here, but am gathering more research material...LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...