Jump to content
GhengisharnIV

Navarro interview...

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, joewrightgm said:

the Starhawk seems to be established outside the movies apparently.  I read the first aftermath novel, it was hot trash, didn’t bother with the rest. 

I think the Starhawk was introduced in that book and has been in a variety of other books but never in one of the films or even seen before now, so some people are just happy to know what the ship looks now after being told about it for 4 or so years. Besides its great for the Rebellion/New Republic to have a large ship that isn't of Mon Calamari make.

9 minutes ago, EVIL INC said:

While they have doubtless gotten at least some new equipment and started new regimens for their troops (for example teaching close combat to troopers and possibly including low level force users to the ranks as shown by the one with the ...what would you call it? a light axe?) It MIGHT be too early for that to be showing a whole lot except in some cases just yet. Of course the imperial guard showed a wide difference in at least equipment but they would not take to the field a lot. The same with new vehicles, Not enough shown yet and it could still be too new to have made it's way into widespread use. The big thing they could do that would garner them the easy fruit of fast profits would be characters. Easily done as they are single models and could be a test the waters for possible future units. I would not suggest they put anything into production even then until after the last movie is released.

I'd argue for FFG to not start development until spring of next year at the earliest so they also get to see if there is anything readily usable in Resistance for them to try and add too. As is they don't have lots of content and it seems that Star Wars media is rapidly moving from that era. We have Mandalorian which is just post ROTJ, Clone Wars returning us back to that era, the Casian Andor show bringing us back to the Rebellion era, an Obi-Wan show taking place 8 years after ROTS, and a few years wait for an Old Republic era trilogy of films. Outside of books, comics, and a surprise animated series it seems like there will be little to no real content being given to flesh out the ST era at this time or for the next few years. There is the chance that maybe we get a game in the era, but come on, its EA at the rate they are going we might not get another Star Wars game before their contract is up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, EVIL INC said:

 

We already have a load of models for FO. Just look to the empire models. They would still be using the same armor, the same equipment and be using the same units. Need FO stormtroopers? just use empire ones. The FO still has control of ice planets so would still be using snowtroopers

 

Except, the First Order has different looking Stormtroopers.    While the differences are not much to some, the same could be said for clones, which are getting models.   The Republic became the empire, so why not use stormtroopers for clones?

 

Also, Fantasy Flight DOES have at least one store.   All the games workshops stores around me closed down years ago.  Wasn't worthwhile it seems.   Stores have a lot of overhead, especially in a mall, so it often loses money.   Fantasy Flight is growing into miniatures, and they've done successfully for a number of years now.   Producing all manners of detailed, and often mobile, miniatures.   

Edited by That Blasted Samophlange

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, That Blasted Samophlange said:

Except, the First Order has different looking Stormtroopers.    While the differences are not much to some, the same could be said for clones, which are getting models.   The Republic became the empire, so why not use stormtroopers for clones?

Cant agree with u more, if I ever end up running a FO force there is no way I would use imperial stormtroopers, they look way to different from FO troopers in my opinion it would just bug me, I would much rather have FO troopers

Edited by lunitic501

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, chr335 said:

Xwing it is pretty simple they had already added most ships before TLJ.  I haven't heard any real complaints about most of the new canon EU so no idea why anyone would complain about starhawks.  And besides Armada fans were getting scared of being forgotten

What about the resistance bomber and tie silencer?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One store does not make a chain worldwide. GW has them across the globe and for every 5 that shuts down worldwide 6 more open up (guessed the numbers but it shows the trend. Just like with FF, they had to start somewhere. Do you have any idea how many gaming companies start every year and how many fold? FF has been around for a while and is in the upper group. Not as high as some but higher than most. however, they do have to start small and work up. 

I realize that the troopers look a little different but they look a lot more alike than they do with the clones. Close enough to "make do" for now and still have a nice looking army. Keep posting and bugging FF and show FO support. FF needs that feedback. If players dont tell them what they want, FF will have to guess.

I totally agree, production should not start until after development and playtesting.  A whole new faction would need at least a few years to work them out. This is especially true when fitting them in with current factions. Heck, they have the clone wars stuff in and I think they should get more love first. BUT that does not mean that FF could not be working on the FO in the ideas phase. Right now, I feel they should have some guys taking notes and writing down ideas (you can BET this is happening already). This is just not the time to acknowledge that as a company. they need to keep us excited about what they have out and are currently putting out.

If playerswant the FO and resistance stuff in more FF games, like armada or IA and legion, They need to speak up and other players should not put them down or attack them for doing so as has been happening.

Edited by EVIL INC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, That Blasted Samophlange said:

Except, the First Order has different looking Stormtroopers.    While the differences are not much to some, the same could be said for clones, which are getting models.   The Republic became the empire, so why not use stormtroopers for clones?   

I think the big difference is that the Republic has a lot of non-clone options to grow with, which the First Order doesn't. Off the top of my head, Naboo Security Forces would offer a commander, corps, special forces and two heavies, Gungans would offer a commander, operative, corps, and two support, and Wookies would have a commander, operative, corps or SF, and a flying heavy. That's a lot of potential that doesn't duplicate stormtroopers, but of course we are going to get the clones before any of that because they're the most iconic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well it’s 30 odd years after ANH hit theaters that GCW dropped for Legion. Lol. So ST can take a number? We’ll probably get them about a year after Clone Wars, like how CW was about a year out from GCW. I probably won’t buy either but I’d welcome them to the line. GCW won’t be around long enough to get everything  without other factions in the game. I will never get my ewoks without Legion existing on a longer timeline than two factions can support!

Edited by TauntaunScout

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ewoks would be cool although i dont see it happening any time soon unfortunately. Cross your fingers and hope I'm wrong. I was once decades ago in my youth lol. 

I'm wondering though...is there another unit whose rules would match? If there is, you could find models to suit from another source and  make do for now. I've been seeing homebrew rule threads popping up. Jump on that bandwagon. :)

Variety is a good thing. Even if you dont play a faction or even like it, if it helps draw more players and gives us more options and variety it is a good thing for the hobby.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, devin.pike.1989 said:

What about the resistance bomber and tie silencer?

They were announced and put into production before the Last Jedi was released.  Heck Crabbok did on unboxing video before the movie was released so the miniatures were released arouns the same time as the movie before the real anti sequel movement gained real traction.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, That Blasted Samophlange said:

But that is not what was said.   What I quoted said that FFG wouldn't want to ‘touch’ the sequels do to the content of the films.   If FFG was so concerned about this issue, there shouldn't be any sequel content for any of their games.

Again they had already developed sequal material for Xwing before the sequal movies where released and had released even the last jedi based stuff around the Last Jedi was released so before any negative fan reactions to the last jedi went public.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TauntaunScout said:

Well it’s 30 odd years after ANH hit theaters that GCW dropped for Legion. Lol. So ST can take a number? We’ll probably get them about a year after Clone Wars, like how CW was about a year out from GCW. I probably won’t buy either but I’d welcome them to the line. GCW won’t be around long enough to get everything  without other factions in the game. I will never get my ewoks without Legion existing on a longer timeline than two factions can support!

Agreed if we get resistance and first order it won't be until they have established the clone wars factions better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, chr335 said:

They were announced and put into production before the Last Jedi was released.  Heck Crabbok did on unboxing video before the movie was released so the miniatures were released arouns the same time as the movie before the real anti sequel movement gained real traction.

Then why did FFG put out the following products?

- Resistance and First Order conversion kits (if nobody wanted their sequel toys anyway, who cares if they’re not playable right?)

- RZ2 Awing

- rereleases of old ships from these factions

- Resistance Transport, which includes the infamous casino side quest pod

- Upcoming content for both the FO and Resistance in wave 6

 

Seems to me your theory has some holes in it.... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Regarding the Sequel trilogy coming to Legion, here's the actual answers to both questions.

 

Regarding if there is plans to eventually make Resistance and FO Core Set:

He thinks that's still to be determined. As originally conceived the product line, that was the plan but they diverted a little bit. Instead they have other awesome things coming.

 

Regarding if the Resistance and First Order will be coming to Armada and/or Legion:

They are open to it, it's the question of the amount of content. With only two films and Resistance there's really just not quite enough there to really make a strong showing in either of those two games. But since the Resistance was part of the original vision of Legion, that they've since taken into another direction, it just speaks to their willingness to do it, they would love to, it's just a question that if they bring them in, they need to be on par with the other 4 factions and that is a tall task, but as time goes on hopefully more stuff comes out and they'll see what they can do.

 

Now, looking at both these answers, it doesn't sound like they are not planning to introduce Sequel trilogy content ever, on the contrary, it just sounds like they are waiting for enough material to make it on par with the other factions. Just imagine trying to make a rebel faction based only on Episode 4 and 5, you would run out fast on materials.

I suppose that if you are someone that hates the sequel trilogy, you could take those quotes out of context (like tabloids and youtube likes to do), or interpret it as if FFG is secretly hating the sequel trilogy (even though Andrew is actually wearing an Episode 7 shirt) and don't plan ever to bring the sequel trilogy into the game, but I really don't think that's the case. They want to do it, they just don't think there's enough content yet. No need to rush, there is plenty of things they can do in the meantime.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Red Castle said:

Regarding the Sequel trilogy coming to Legion, here's the actual answers to both questions.

 

Regarding if there is plans to eventually make Resistance and FO Core Set:

He thinks that's still to be determined. As originally conceived the product line, that was the plan but they diverted a little bit. Instead they have other awesome things coming.

 

Regarding if the Resistance and First Order will be coming to Armada and/or Legion:

They are open to it, it's the question of the amount of content. With only two films and Resistance there's really just not quite enough there to really make a strong showing in either of those two games. But since the Resistance was part of the original vision of Legion, that they've since taken into another direction, it just speaks to their willingness to do it, they would love to, it's just a question that if they bring them in, they need to be on par with the other 4 factions and that is a tall task, but as time goes on hopefully more stuff comes out and they'll see what they can do.

 

Now, looking at both these answers, it doesn't sound like they are not planning to introduce Sequel trilogy content ever, on the contrary, it just sounds like they are waiting for enough material to make it on par with the other factions. Just imagine trying to make a rebel faction based only on Episode 4 and 5, you would run out fast on materials.

I suppose that if you are someone that hates the sequel trilogy, you could take those quotes out of context (like tabloids and youtube likes to do), or interpret it as if FFG is secretly hating the sequel trilogy (even though Andrew is actually wearing an Episode 7 shirt) and don't plan ever to bring the sequel trilogy into the game, but I really don't think that's the case. They want to do it, they just don't think there's enough content yet. No need to rush, there is plenty of things they can do in the meantime.

Thanks for posting this, I haven't had a chance to watch the video in question.   This clears a bit up.   I still want to see Resistance and First Order.   As I've said, the sequels are the star wars my son is growing up with, going to theatres to see the films together, so playing the battles would be a sentimental thing. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, EVIL INC said:

Maybe if you address it with FF on a financial front.... They are half the size of humans so would take up half as much resin in production and sell for the same price as full sized guys... lol

But then again, if they release Ewoks, I certainly hope so that you’ll be able to field a swarm of then, so at least 8 Ewoks per unit! :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With the small size, If I was FF, I would do then as single piece models. 8-10 models per unit (or 8 models with upgrades that could make it 10) 4 sets of 2 models that are alike with the 9th being a leader and the 10th being an optional upgrade with a scavenged gun. Something along those lines.Then charge half again what I charge for a normal unit.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, EVIL INC said:

With the small size, If I was FF, I would do then as single piece models. 8-10 models per unit (or 8 models with upgrades that could make it 10) 4 sets of 2 models that are alike with the 9th being a leader and the 10th being an optional upgrade with a scavenged gun. Something along those lines.Then charge half again what I charge for a normal unit.

 

Not a bad idea, but I would also be willing to pay $40 for a box that includes: 

2 gliders

2 catapults 

6-8 Ewoks squad (with Wicket add on) 

chief chirrpa commander 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...