GhengisharnIV

Navarro interview...

6 minutes ago, devin.pike.1989 said:

I believe the reason given was variety, not popularity. 

Ofcourse, it would be foolish for FFG to publicly say that the sequels are unpopular.

From a business perspective, if the sequels were popular, FFG would be quick to implement them for legion. 

I believe its it’s a combination of both. The sequels aren’t popular and their isn’t enough content for them -> we won’t see them in the game.

12 minutes ago, R3dReVenge said:

believe its it’s a combination of both. The sequels aren’t popular and their isn’t enough content for them -> we won’t see them in the game.

And the third reason is that there isn't enough of a difference between FO and resistance from already existing factions

Yes, I tend to agree...the reduced popularity of TFA and TLJ amongst the fan base compared with the options available that distinguish the prequel trilogy were too much for FFG to ignore. As much as I wish to avoid the topic, I fell asleep during TFA (probably when my subconscious realised I had seen something very similar) and some of the unarguably poor decisions made in the production of TLJ made that movie tacky and hectoring to eventually disenfranchise many traditional SW fans. I do not agree with personal attacks on actors or other public figures but at the same time, admiral gender studies and the force is female etc. smacks too much of social engineering. It is unfortunate that a space opera like Star Wars can be hijacked by all manner of political interests. The next generation of kids may grow to love the sequel trilogy and when they are choosing to buy into a game based on a movie the market will respond accordingly.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, devin.pike.1989 said:

Aaaaaaand there it is...

1 hour ago, devin.pike.1989 said:

Aaaaaaand there it is...

This is FICTION...

Get over it (whatever “it” is)

You were waiting for a reason to cover your foul rant...”50 year old adult man upset about toys etc.”. ...I have a screenshot of your edited comment and personal blast. You claim passivity but are aggressively badgering new forum members...along with snow and others. This is a forum for news about legion, not some SJW inspired popularity contest. The news is: a broadcast decision was made today by FFG to ignore FO/Resistance for a period based on variety and popularity. You do not know my gender or my family yet assume I am worthy of rancorous hostility for freely expressing my views. Next you will be telling me I am stopping you and your children from enjoying life...

I am considering providing your unwarranted personal attack post (pre-edit) to a moderator or worse, displaying the screen shot image here. Your choice...

Edited by GhengisharnIV
Forgot about Mary-Sue trope triggering effect

45 minutes ago, GhengisharnIV said:

I do not agree with personal attacks on actors or other public figures but at the same time, admiral gender studies and the force is female etc. smacks too much of social engineering. It is unfortunate that a space opera like Star Wars can be hijacked by all manner of political interests. The next generation of kids may grow to love the sequel trilogy and when they are choosing to buy into a game based on a movie the market will respond accordingly.

Devin Pike to the rescue of fictional characters...

Posted (edited)

I'm not really a fan of the ST films, but I do feel that at some point it might be nice to have the ST stuff available for those who want it. But they really do heavily suffer from not having enough options to fill out more than maybe a years worth of releases or so, with Resistance suffering moreso. All of the units in the game so far are generally associated with an impactful scene from the films or a show, generally battles, but the Resistance outside of heroes haven't had a single scene to really focus on ground troops at all, the closest being the troops at Crait for like 1 scene right before the battle.

As it is I think that FO could actually get by a bit by being more of an aggressive rush force, units that have range specific abilities and want to get into Range 1 or engaged with stuff. As for the Resistance I can only guess Hero focused play or maybe even more elite force than the Republic though that doesn't make all that much sense outside of them just generally having the least number of forces on the field. Maybe, if they played for the force organization chart for some of the factions to say allow the Resistance to have more Commander/Operative options on the field they could just be a mainly hero focused faction? 

Edited by Animewarsdude

Posted (edited)

There's enough stuff to fill out two Sequel factions. This is miniatures. First Order Troopers don't need different stats to justify a new box of minis.

They should not release Sequel Trilogy factions until at least another year of steady Clone Wars releases. So like 18 months from now at the soonest.

I say this having preferred the sequels to the prequels.

Edited by TauntaunScout

4 hours ago, R3dReVenge said:

I tried to warn you. It just didn’t make sense from a business perspective due to how unsuccessful the new films have been. 

I’m sure you can find another game that meets your desires.

The only film thus far that underperformed was Solo. TLJ did supremely well.... for the first week or two. As much as you or anyone else dislikes TLJ, arguing it’s success financially is pretty hard to do. I admit I’m not a TLJ fan, but I don’t go spouting off about how it did badly. 

As far as games with sequel trilogy content go, may I suggest x-wing? They’re a bit limited in ship variety, however both factions have several to choose from plus more on the way. Amazon has upsilon shuttles from 1.0 for super cheap ($12), so it may not be entirely unreasonable to pick up a 1.0 conversion kit for the First order if that is your interest. The other 1.0 ships to round out a kit can be found cheap second hand, or you can possibly scoop some up on sale here and there. Similar idea for Resistance players if you want to get on bombing for flying the falcon ASAP.

Or just wait for it to rerelease in 2.0 - right now they each have 3 expansions rereleased to pick from on building a fleet. And we will have another for each by year’s end (and they’ll be net new models not from 1.0).

2 hours ago, GhengisharnIV said:

I feel for your disappointment...it seems FFG thinks the FA and TLJ are not popular enough...

I think it really comes down to availability of content. They have sequel content in xwing, where we have more space worthy options for both factions than we really have for ground battles in legion. Mixing both new ships and conversion content from 1.0, the resistance has 6 ships soon 7, and the FO has 4 soon 5. 

There’s, at most, one corps unit per faction. Few heavy and support options, and no SF to speak of.

If Disney produces more content in that era, maybe someday. 

3 minutes ago, TauntaunScout said:

There's enough stuff to fill out two Sequel factions. This is miniatures. First Order Troopers don't need different stats to justify a new box of minis.

They should not release Sequel Trilogy factions until at least another year of steady Clone Wars releases. So like 18 months from now at the soonest.

I say this having preferred the sequels to the prequels.

Well Navarro disagrees with you.

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, ScummyRebel said:

The only film thus far that underperformed was Solo. TLJ did supremely well.... for the first week or two. As much as you or anyone else dislikes TLJ, arguing it’s success financially is pretty hard to do. I admit I’m not a TLJ fan, but I don’t go spouting off about how it did badly. 

Any SW film will do well financially, but it was pretty clear that the fan base was not happy with TLJ. Then Solo came out and failed financially (a big hit to Disney. How could a Disney SW film fail? Who to blame?). I believe this is due to people losing interest in the SW franchise because of TLJ. Disney then cancelled several other SW spin off films....

Abrams has one last chance to redeem the sequel franchise. Let's see if he can come up with a compelling story, or am I just going to see Mary Sue beat Kylo Ren for the 3rd time. 

Edited by R3dReVenge

16 minutes ago, R3dReVenge said:

Any SW film will do well financially, but it was pretty clear that the fan base was not happy with TLJ. Then Solo came out and failed financially (a big hit to Disney. How could a Disney SW film fail? Who to blame?). I believe this is due to people losing interest in the SW franchise because of TLJ. Disney then cancelled several other SW spin off films....

Abrams has one last chance to redeem the sequel franchise. Let's see if he can come up with a compelling story, or am I just going to see Mary Sue beat Kylo Ren for the 3rd time. 

If you think Rey constitutes a Mary Sue in the sense of Star Trek fan fiction, you really do not know what that means. 

5 minutes ago, Derrault said:

If you think Rey constitutes a Mary Sue in the sense of Star Trek fan fiction, you really do not know what that means. 

"A 'Mary Sue' for those of you not familiar with the term, is a character—almost always female—who everybody loves and who does everything right. Practically perfect in every way."

AKA Rey. I love Rey. She's the only character that I find enjoyable in the sequels, but let's be honest.

She wins all the time, without having to go through the hardships of losing / training. 

I must admit that after buying tickets for TLJ I felt compelled to give Solo a miss at the cinema. Myself and a few friends did not buy tickets for Solo as a reaction to what we felt was a very poor movie in TLJ. Unfortunately, I missed the big screen experience of Solo as after viewing on disk release, thought it pretty good entertainment.

The point I am making here in a STAR WARS: LEGION forum is about where I spend my dollars.  Did I boycott Solo at the cinema...probably...and given the choice in hindsight, my $$$ would have gone to Solo easily over TLJ. Disney perhaps may have made quick cash on TLJ but misjudged the response from traditional fans. That is why I believe Solo May have financially disappointed. People vote with feet and wallets (pocketbook)!

FFG were wise in investing in their fan base by expanding into the clone prequels rather that sequels as I am sure there are many who would not bother purchasing Resistance or f o stuff simply due to the poor quality storyline and movie experience. Others will buy for the new shiniest minis but I like a little immersion.

1 minute ago, GhengisharnIV said:

I must admit that after buying tickets for TLJ I felt compelled to give Solo a miss at the cinema. Myself and a few friends did not buy tickets for Solo as a reaction to what we felt was a very poor movie in TLJ. Unfortunately, I missed the big screen experience of Solo as after viewing on disk release, thought it pretty good entertainment.

The point I am making here in a STAR WARS: LEGION forum is about where I spend my dollars.  Did I boycott Solo at the cinema...probably...and given the choice in hindsight, my $$$ would have gone to Solo easily over TLJ. Disney perhaps may have made quick cash on TLJ but misjudged the response from traditional fans. That is why I believe Solo May have financially disappointed. People vote with feet and wallets (pocketbook)!

FFG were wise in investing in their fan base by expanding into the clone prequels rather that sequels as I am sure there are many who would not bother purchasing Resistance or f o stuff simply due to the poor quality storyline and movie experience. Others will buy for the new shiniest minis but I like a little immersion.

I couldn't agree more with this statement. I saw TLJ on opening night. Was disappointed. GF wanted to see Solo on opening night, so I bought us tickets. I enjoyed it much more than TLJ. 

FFG's choice to choose CW over the sequels was probably their best decision in the expansion of legion. There is so much content in the CW and a big fan base. If FO/Resistance were coming out in September, then I wouldn't be bothering with this game anymore. 

25 minutes ago, R3dReVenge said:

They will come at you with nerf bats...what have you done...? Time for the popcorn I believe is the forum vernacular

Now, back on topic...😆

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, TauntaunScout said:

This was about all I could think of for them based off what we've seen so far in the films and surrounding media. The FO might be able to get by and get more stuff via additional media coming out after being released but they still have a far more limited pool compared to what the OT and PT factions have. The Resistance on the other hand outside of having named Commanders and Operatives have very few options thus far to pick from outside of repurposing OT stuff for them to use. 

First Order:

Corps: FO Stormtroopers (ST), FO Snowtroopers (TFA, TLJ)

Special Forces: Pratorean Guard (TLJ), Sith Troopers (TROS, maybe a Corps instead?), FO Jet Troopers (TROS)

Support: FO Probe Droid (Resistance)

Heavy: FO AT-ST (TLJ), LIUV aka FO Snowspeeder (Cut from TFA, Battlefront) 

Commander: Kylo Ren, Genearl Hux, Captain Phasma, Supreme Leader Snoke, Commander Pyre (Resistance)

Operative: Agent Tierny (Resistance), Knights of Ren

Resistance: 

Corps: Resistance Troopers (TFA, Battlefront), Resistance Defenders (TLJ, stretching for the Crait troopers)

Special Forces: ?

Support: Calvary Unit (Either the ones from TLJ or the ones TROS)

Heavy: Ski Speeder (TLJ)

Commander: Rey (Maybe an Operative instead?), Poe Dameron, General Leia

Operative: BB-8 and DIO, Finn, Han Solo, Luke Skywalker (?), Chewbacca, R2-D2 and C-3PO (Though with how irrelevant R2 seems to be in the ST they might not have the counterpart ability their OT and PT versions will have), Kaz (Resistance), Zay Versio (Battlefront)

Edited by Animewarsdude

2 hours ago, GhengisharnIV said:

This is FICTION...

Get over it (whatever “it” is)

You were waiting for a reason to cover your foul rant...”50 year old adult man upset about toys etc.”. ...I have a screenshot of your edited comment and personal blast. You claim passivity but are aggressively badgering new forum members...along with snow and others. This is a forum for news about legion, not some SJW inspired popularity contest. The news is: a broadcast decision was made today by FFG to ignore FO/Resistance for a period based on variety and popularity. You do not know my gender or my family yet assume I am worthy of rancorous hostility for freely expressing my views. Next you will be telling me I am stopping you and your children from enjoying life...

I am considering providing your unwarranted personal attack post (pre-edit) to a moderator or worse, displaying the screen shot image here. Your choice...

I made a one sentance response to your comment.  Foul rant?   If you think that is a foul rant, welcome to the internet.  There's a lot worse than me out here. You went digging up old comments and rubbing them in my face after I said my 8 yo son was upset.   Does that make you feel good?  Feel free to send my comments along to whoever you please.  I will go back and re edit it back to what it originally said if you want to walk around with a huge chip on your shoulder like that. When it comes down to it, these are toys.  I play the game to have fun with my sons and my daughter when she is old enough. As for your sjw comment...  you have no idea how hilarious that is. 

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, devin.pike.1989 said:

I made a one sentance response to your comment.  Foul rant?   If you think that is a foul rant, welcome to the internet.  There's a lot worse than me out here. You went digging up old comments and rubbing them in my face after I said my 8 yo son was upset.   Does that make you feel good?  Feel free to send my comments along to whoever you please.  I will go back and re edit it back to what it originally said if you want to walk around with a huge chip on your shoulder like that. When it comes down to it, these are toys.  I play the game to have fun with my sons and my daughter when she is old enough. As for your sjw comment...  you have no idea how hilarious that is. 

Rubbish...you made comments about your child here before I came along.  You are falsely stating intent to harm. If your welcome to the internet speech is meant to awaken me to bullies like yourself, perhaps you should not expose your children’s feelings so readily. I genuinely feel sorry for any kid that has a parent or guardian build up false hope You have exhibited a propensity to virtue signal when none is required.

Didn”t have to dig either...your hilariously needy posts about first order or Resistance stuck out like the proverbial, as does your need to defend the queen. I have six adult children and one grandchild...I can see that you equate being with/having/around children as socially important to you. That is fine, but be a man and stop complaining about other people’s opinion of movies or “toys” as you put it. I enjoy a hobby and companionship with like minded people...I do not need to be judged by the likes of you and your online friends. You probably think I  am a white male anti-feminist nazi or similar...nothing could be further from the truth. 

Welcome to the internet? My generation invented it.

I have just deleted your post image as a sign of good will.

Edited by GhengisharnIV
Deleted post image

7 minutes ago, GhengisharnIV said:

Rubbish...you made comments about your child here before I came along.  You are falsely stating intent to harm. If your welcome to the internet speech is meant to awaken me to bullies like yourself, perhaps you should not expose your children’s feelings so readily. I genuinely feel sorry for any kid that has a parent or guardian build up false hope You have exhibited a propensity to virtue signal when none is required.

Didn”t have to dig either...your hilariously needy posts about first order or Resistance stuck out like the proverbial, as does your need to defend the queen. I have six adult children and one grandchild...I can see that you equate being with/having/around children as socially important to you. That is fine, but be a man and stop complaining about other people’s opinion of movies or “toys” as you put it. I enjoy a hobby and companionship with like minded people...I do not need to be judged by the likes of you and your online friends. You probably think I  am a white male anti-feminist nazi or similar...nothing could be further from the truth. 

Welcome to the internet? My generation invented it.

I have just deleted your post image as a sign of good will.

I didnt call you any of those things. Why are you even bringing that into the conversation?  You put your weird opinion about star wars being some kind of "social engineering" out online and now you are having an absolute hissy fit that I disagree.  I am going to do us both a favor and block you.  I suggest you do the same to me.  Bye.

19 hours ago, GhengisharnIV said:

A few quick LEGION pickups from the interview earlier today...

Andrew Navarro is an Ewok fan (I would love to see these as well) but unlikely...

Points review will be published as PDF...no x wing style app as too many unexpected issues to overcome.

Gungans and Maul for sure (will we see Jar-Jar? - that would be fun).

NO First Order or Resistance planned anymore (core set) due to multiple other options..

Mandalorian referenced as upcoming from Lucasfilm as potential source for more material.

More at around 40 minute mark.

NavaRo, it is NavaRo, not NavaRRO... no one really reads anything.