GhengisharnIV

Navarro interview...

A few quick LEGION pickups from the interview earlier today...

Andrew Navarro is an Ewok fan (I would love to see these as well) but unlikely...

Points review will be published as PDF...no x wing style app as too many unexpected issues to overcome.

Gungans and Maul for sure (will we see Jar-Jar? - that would be fun).

NO First Order or Resistance planned anymore (core set) due to multiple other options..

Mandalorian referenced as upcoming from Lucasfilm as potential source for more material.

More at around 40 minute mark.

9 minutes ago, GhengisharnIV said:

Points review will be published as PDF...no x wing style app as too many unexpected issues to overcome.

Woah, I don’t remember hearing that (not impossible, my memory sucks). Do you have a time index for when this was said?

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, JediPartisan said:

Yeah, I was surprised by that. I would have thought those factions would be next (next year), after movie #9.

If they will be released, I predict at least a 2 year gap maybe even longer.

Despite what some say, I predict we will get a super heavy wave next year instead of more factions.

Edited by R3dReVenge

3 minutes ago, GhengisharnIV said:

No problems...at 38:51 (approx.).

Huh... the older I get, the worse my attention span is. 😒 Thanks though. 👍😁

He did say, “we’ve talked about it.” So it still sounds like it’s up in the air, but I hope it’s something they do in 2020

5 minutes ago, R3dReVenge said:

If they will be released, I predict at least a 2 year gap maybe even longer.

Despite what some say, I predict we will get a super heavy wave next year instead of more factions.

Yeah I don’t know, because we don’t know how much Disney is driving things, and they seem to really want to push that era, maybe because they don’t want to pay Lucas for using the original characters (if you believe that rumour).

5 minutes ago, JediPartisan said:

Huh... the older I get, the worse my attention span is. 😒 Thanks though. 👍😁

I hear you old dude...I am over 50 but my hearing is fine, it is the eyesight that is going. Makes painting that little more of a challenge. There is definite reference to x wing app issues and points rebalance for legion using PDF. Sorry I cannot help any further. Another reference around 124:44 to lack of material to justify First Order or Resistance. That is fine by me as there is so much material to mine from the clones era. I can leave the final trilogy for my grandkids to sort out!

2 hours ago, GhengisharnIV said:

A few quick LEGION pickups from the interview earlier today...

Andrew Navarro is an Ewok fan (I would love to see these as well) but unlikely...

Gungans and Maul for sure (will we see Jar-Jar? - that would be fun).

NO First Order or Resistance planned anymore (core set) due to multiple other options..

Mandalorian referenced as upcoming from Lucasfilm as potential source for more material.

More at around 40 minute mark.

At about 1hr 24 mention of AT-AT, scaled down of course. Just waiting for rules and stats to implement the idea.

Ewww, no ta, not buying a scaled-down AT-AT.

Don't know why anyone would frankly, if they scale it down enough to actually matter then any of the existing underscaled options(Revell kits, popcorn buckets) will almost certainly end up cheaper than an FFG product. The only actual selling point for an FFG AT-AT would be that it was the only legit AT-AT in ~1:48 scale out there.

1 hour ago, That Blasted Samophlange said:

Can this be elaborated on?  Can't really watch the video right now, but does he say they aren't doing then at all (resistance and first order) or just no core set?   

He said doing resistance and first order was the original direction for developing the game. But they've decided to go in a different direction. No elaboration on what that different direction is. The reason is they don't feel there are enough units to fully flesh out new factions. They wouldn't be able to compete with the other 4 factions. They may revisit the sequel trilogy if more stuff comes out in future movies, shows, etc. 

Also, future waves will be more themed. He mentioned initial releases were decided more upon what was cool. Future release waves (which he said won't hit the shelves for awhile) will have a more cohesive theme to them. He said there is a lot, a whole lot that they want to get to in Legion.

1 hour ago, Yodhrin said:

Ewww, no ta, not buying a scaled-down AT-AT.

Don't know why anyone would frankly, if they scale it down enough to actually matter then any of the existing underscaled options

I already have a colossal limited edition AT-AT (well more actually) from wizards and it is perfect...looks great and takes up right amount of room for the table. I also have the Revell kit. 

Looks like Andrew is happy to have FFG create one scaled down in future and does not care about the scale in this case...he advises to look at other publisher options in the chat.

Thanks for your frankness but frankly, a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. 

11 hours ago, GhengisharnIV said:

No FO or resistance for foreseeable future (includes at all). Plenty of material coming that meets market requirements and fan base it seems.

31 minutes ago, That Blasted Samophlange said:

Well..  seems I'm going to be done for a bit.   Oh well.  

I tried to warn you. It just didn’t make sense from a business perspective due to how unsuccessful the new films have been. 

I’m sure you can find another game that meets your desires.

34 minutes ago, GhengisharnIV said:

I already have a colossal limited edition AT-AT (well more actually) from wizards and it is perfect...looks great and takes up right amount of room for the table. I also have the Revell kit. 

Looks like Andrew is happy to have FFG create one scaled down in future and does not care about the scale in this case...he advises to look at other publisher options in the chat.

Thanks for your frankness but frankly, a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. 

I'm glad for you?

You're kind of demonstrating my point though; if you want a ~13" tall "eh, close enough" AT-AT, there are already multiple options available, so FFG doing another one doesn't really add anything new for fans. Doing a properly scaled and proportioned ~19" tall AT-AT, on the other hand, provides something that doesn't currently exist elsewhere, and IMO would be more likely to maximise sales.

I mean, this is the very definition of a niche product, only a handful of players would consider buying it anyway, and if it's just another mini-me version many of them will already own one or more of the small versions as you do, so how many of them will buy yet another? If they do one in ~1:48-1:46 with a decent amount of detailing, they open sales up to model kit/diorama hobbyists generally(it would be a good match to the Bandai AT-ST and Snowspeeder kits) who're not likely to see a better option from one of the big kit makers, folk like myself who appreciate consistent scale, and perhaps a few folk like yourself who already own smaller versions might buy another one if it's actually different.

"Regular" Legion collectors who don't fit into any of those groups for whom this would be their first AT-AT of any kind are hardly likely to be put off by it being in-scale, it's a woefully impractical gaming piece even if you drop all the way down to the smaller versions.

Err, birds of a feather flock together? Honesty is the best policy? I don't know many complete non-sequitur old-timey sayings.

7 minutes ago, Yodhrin said:

I'm glad for you?

You're kind of demonstrating my point though; if you want a ~13" tall "eh, close enough" AT-AT, there are already multiple options available, so FFG doing another one doesn't really add anything new for fans. Doing a properly scaled and proportioned ~19" tall AT-AT, on the other hand, provides something that doesn't currently exist elsewhere, and IMO would be more likely to maximise sales.

I mean, this is the very definition of a niche product, only a handful of players would consider buying it anyway, and if it's just another mini-me version many of them will already own one or more of the small versions as you do, so how many of them will buy yet another? If they do one in ~1:48-1:46 with a decent amount of detailing, they open sales up to model kit/diorama hobbyists generally(it would be a good match to the Bandai AT-ST and Snowspeeder kits) who're not likely to see a better option from one of the big kit makers, folk like myself who appreciate consistent scale, and perhaps a few folk like yourself who already own smaller versions might buy another one if it's actually different.

"Regular" Legion collectors who don't fit into any of those groups for whom this would be their first AT-AT of any kind are hardly likely to be put off by it being in-scale, it's a woefully impractical gaming piece even if you drop all the way down to the smaller versions.

Err, birds of a feather flock together? Honesty is the best policy? I don't know many complete non-sequitur old-timey sayings.

Try sour grapes...and don’t mock my age thanks!

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, devin.pike.1989 said:

Well there is a very disappointed 8 year old boy at my house (and a disappointed 30 year old dad).

I feel for your disappointment...it seems FFG thinks the FA and TLJ are not popular or varied enough...

Edited by GhengisharnIV
To match closer sentiment of first post