Sign in to follow this  
JediPartisan

Bounty Hunters

So I’ve been rewatching TCW animated show and there are some awesome bounty hunters. My favourite, by far, has to be Cad Bane. I’ve heard some people don’t think much of him and they seem to think Boba is the greatest. Don’t get me wrong I do think Bobs is cool, but what did he do? Captured Solo, fought a Jedi and wound up in a Sarlacc pit. Cad Ban on the other hand, held the Republic senate hostage, stole a holocron from the Jedi temple, kidnapped the Republic Chancellor, stole the kyber crystal that had a list of all force sensitive children on it from a Jedi, fought Kenobi and Quinlan Vos to a standstill, and broke out of a Republic prison. What more does he need to do to be considered at least on par with Boba?

Aside from Bane, there is Latts Razzi, Embo, Aurra Sing, Sugi and even Ventress to name a few of my favourites. Clone Wars has a ton of bounty hunters to bring to Legion and I can’t wait. I just hope some of them end up on the Republic side. And before you say, “the Republic didn’t hire Bounty Hunters”, take a look at Bric and El-les, who were employed by the Republic to train the clones. Unfortunately most of the others will be on the CIS side of things, but some of them have worked with the Republic or Jedi before, like Embo and Sugi.

Are there any Bounty Hunters you want to see? If so, why?

*This message is brought to you by someone who can’t stand waiting for CW to finally get here.😏

I’m not buying separatists so I don’t have a huge interest in CW era bounty hunters.

Although, I do like the concept. I want to see IG-88 for sure. Maybe Zuckess + 4LOM as a counterpart pair.

I also really want to see a truly neutral (any faction) Hondo Ohnaka. I know, not a true bounty hunter but still the scoundrel variety.

18 minutes ago, JediPartisan said:

So I’ve been rewatching TCW animated show and there are some awesome bounty hunters. My favourite, by far, has to be Cad Bane. I’ve heard some people don’t think much of him and they seem to think Boba is the greatest. Don’t get me wrong I do think Bobs is cool, but what did he do? Captured Solo, fought a Jedi and wound up in a Sarlacc pit. Cad Ban on the other hand, held the Republic senate hostage, stole a holocron from the Jedi temple, kidnapped the Republic Chancellor, stole the kyber crystal that had a list of all force sensitive children on it from a Jedi, fought Kenobi and Quinlan Vos to a standstill, and broke out of a Republic prison. What more does he need to do to be considered at least on par with Boba?

Aside from Bane, there is Latts Razzi, Embo, Aurra Sing, Sugi and even Ventress to name a few of my favourites. Clone Wars has a ton of bounty hunters to bring to Legion and I can’t wait. I just hope some of them end up on the Republic side. And before you say, “the Republic didn’t hire Bounty Hunters”, take a look at Bric and El-les, who were employed by the Republic to train the clones. Unfortunately most of the others will be on the CIS side of things, but some of them have worked with the Republic or Jedi before, like Embo and Sugi.

Are there any Bounty Hunters you want to see? If so, why?

*This message is brought to you by someone who can’t stand waiting for CW to finally get here.😏

I've also been watching TCW and Bane is probably my favorite character so far (only season 2 so far). Can't wait to get him in game. 

23 minutes ago, EVIL INC said:

There is an option for a generic imperial officer. Why not an option for an generic bounty hunter that you can kit out and customize? I think a lot of players would jump right on that. I know I would.

Depending on the level of customization we are talking, I might buy two! Especially if they’re useful with multiple factions.

43 minutes ago, EVIL INC said:

There is an option for a generic imperial officer. Why not an option for an generic bounty hunter that you can kit out and customize? I think a lot of players would jump right on that. I know I would.

Actually most bounty hunters could really be considered neutral (they do do whatever someone wants to pay for). The only problem is, some are wanted criminals too. 😅

Exactly. i can see them just as easily working for the rebels if the price was right. or better yet, start work on a scum faction (could REALLY help in tying the different FF Star Wars games together into crossover campaigns and generate more sales/higher profit. This model has worked wonders in boosting other miniature games companies profits.

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, EVIL INC said:

Exactly. i can see them just as easily working for the rebels if the price was right. or better yet, start work on a scum faction (could REALLY help in tying the different FF Star Wars games together into crossover campaigns and generate more sales/higher profit. This model has worked wonders in boosting other miniature games companies profits.

Unfortunately there seem to be a number of people who don’t want a Scum faction. Not sure why, if they think such a faction doesn’t belong in a war game, or if it’s just cause they don’t think it works canonically. The Hutts at the very least were big enough that the Republic had to ask permission to use their territory to move troops through and were afraid to anger them as they may pic a side in the conflict and could easily sway the result against them.

Edit: I suppose they could make a Hutt faction at the very least.

Edited by JediPartisan

10 hours ago, JediPartisan said:

My favourite, by far, has to be Cad Bane. I’ve heard some people don’t think much of him and they seem to think Boba is the greatest. Don’t get me wrong I do think Bobs is cool, but what did he do?

Killed Cad Bane.

8 hours ago, JediPartisan said:

Unfortunately there seem to be a number of people who don’t want a Scum faction. Not sure why, if they think such a faction doesn’t belong in a war game, or if it’s just cause they don’t think it works canonically. The Hutts at the very least were big enough that the Republic had to ask permission to use their territory to move troops through and were afraid to anger them as they may pic a side in the conflict and could easily sway the result against them.

There are a number of people who feel that they dont want to see different factions in the game and will hunt down , cyber stalking others whose opinion differs from their own. That does not mean we cant "wish list" ideas or search the materials and come up with ways to add them. you never know what we can come up with, what dev team members could be looking in getting ideas or what members of the community might come up with ideas for home brew units.

I haven't read the comics or watched the animated shows or played the video games (unless you count the old atari 2600 one lol), I dont know a lot of the background or fluff. I have heard a few other scum factions named and evidently they have their own colors that they fly. Even though it has been a while, I do remember Vader talking to bounty hunters and there being more there than just ig99, bossk and boba fett but they were more along the lines of "filler hunters" that did not have names that I know of. That alone opens a door for generic customizable ones.

I also like the idea of scum units. This would give the modeling team an opening to work with more aliens. We have a few off ones added into the rebels already in their units and the upcoming add ons have a few more to mix in but I think having bounty hunters being able to bring their own muscle with them would be fitting. After all, I am sure many have their own crews and operatives with them and it could add some diversity and character. Of course, thats just my opinion.

9 hours ago, JediPartisan said:

I'm okay with a scum faction, with a caveat that it isn't just a catch all for everything that doesn't fit in another faction.   I would prefer First Order and Resistance to be honest, but seemingly with the interview with Andrew Navarro, they might (literally) be off the table.  

1 hour ago, DtLS said:

Killed Cad Bane.

In a really cool, B Western-style quick draw too.  Probably my favorite Boba moment.

As for more bounty hunters, eh, can't say I'm a fan of them.  They have their place, but I'd like to see factions like the Empire get operatives that aren't bounty hunters.  (ISB agents, Inquisitors, whatever)  Now, a generic bounty hunter would be a cool unit for the CIS to pick up as a counter to a generic ARC trooper operative.  Also be fun to throw a Durge mini on the table, though I'm not sure a generic would be able to capture Durge's insane levels of over the top power and undying action quite right.  Oh well.

3 hours ago, EVIL INC said:

There are a number of people who feel that they dont want to see different factions in the game and will hunt down , cyber stalking others whose opinion differs from their own. 

I haven't read the comics or watched the animated shows or played the video games..., I dont know a lot of the background or fluff. I have heard a few other scum factions named and evidently they have their own colors that they fly. Even though it has been a while, I do remember Vader talking to bounty hunters and there being more there than just ig99, bossk and boba fett but they were ...Of course, thats just my opinion.

Maybe they are scum bounty hunters...LOL

https://images.app.goo.gl/1cJz4jx4RLgFza6q8