ScottGilbert25

Possible points rebalance?

Posted (edited)

At the time they were talking about the webcast they will have on this Tuesday. On Tuesday they are showcasing the new Luke & Vader Operatives, and they are more expensive and cheaper respectively. So he might have just been using that as click bait.ūüėĘ

I would love to see a points rebalance on some things. T-47, I’m looking at you!

Edit: For those of you who want to see just what was said, check it out at approx. time index 1:28:57.

Edited by JediPartisan

i would like to see the points go to a "live document" like they have in x wing. That way they can tweak them as needed with newer releases and make it easier for players (especially newer ones like me) to put together forces with what units can take what and so forth. Not a big fan of a program like they have there as I prefer paper and pen method but I always preferred a more clearly drawn out method of construction. If for no other reason, my eyes arent what they used to be and its hard to see some of them currently for me.

47 minutes ago, EVIL INC said:

i would like to see the points go to a "live document" like they have in x wing. That way they can tweak them as needed with newer releases and make it easier for players (especially newer ones like me) to put together forces with what units can take what and so forth. Not a big fan of a program like they have there as I prefer paper and pen method but I always preferred a more clearly drawn out method of construction. If for no other reason, my eyes arent what they used to be and its hard to see some of them currently for me.

Use Tabletop Admiral’s dot com!

i will add that while they didn't directly say this, they did kinda beat around the bush about it alot and that is:
all their source material has to come from disney/lucasfilms. so the movies and rebels and TCW cartoon.
he did this by stating they are waiting on what disney/lucasfilms produces. so not what EA/Bioware have produce and will produce with their games.
so unless disney makes her as part of the Resistence tv series they have or the movies no Iden Versio it seems like.

23 minutes ago, azeronbloodmoone said:

i will add that while they didn't directly say this, they did kinda beat around the bush about it alot and that is:
all their source material has to come from disney/lucasfilms. so the movies and rebels and TCW cartoon.
he did this by stating they are waiting on what disney/lucasfilms produces. so not what EA/Bioware have produce and will produce with their games.
so unless disney makes her as part of the Resistence tv series they have or the movies no Iden Versio it seems like.

Interesting - perhaps that leak was faulty? Or perhaps it was a misdirection since they beat around the bush rather than say so outright?

I am perfectly ok with not having Iden as a commander for empire. I wouldn’t mind seeing some Inquisitors though.

3 hours ago, azeronbloodmoone said:

Inferno Squad has been in other media. 

4 hours ago, azeronbloodmoone said:

I agree, no Iden Versio

6 hours ago, azeronbloodmoone said:

The TX-130 wasn't in the movies, rebels or TCW cartoon. It did recently make its way into battlefront II(ea) though.

1 hour ago, Destroyer742 said:

The TX-130 wasn't in the movies, rebels or TCW cartoon. It did recently make its way into battlefront II(ea) though.

Battlefront was 15 years ago and had Lucasfilm approval so¬†hardly¬†‚Äúrecent‚ÄĚ. ¬†What is the point you are making in a thread about point rebalance? Someone should start a Wishlist thread for all the versions of identities they want in STAR WARS: LEGION. Regarding points balance, I understand there will be a PDF issued by FFG in the near future to address possible imbalances.

12 minutes ago, GhengisharnIV said:

Battlefront was 15 years ago and had Lucasfilm approval so¬†hardly¬†‚Äúrecent‚ÄĚ. ¬†What is the point you are making in a thread about point rebalance? Someone should start a Wishlist thread for all the versions of identities they want in STAR WARS: LEGION. Regarding points balance, I understand there will be a PDF issued by FFG in the near future to address possible imbalances.

Because someone mentioned in the thread that because of something said in the stream that they have to get approval from  lucasfilm that Battlefront cannot be used as a source so no Iden Versio , my own point was that Iden Versio had been in approved media (just to point out Battlefront itself also has to go through the same approval), the other poster pointed out that the TX-130 came from BF although they all likely came from the RPg

5 minutes ago, syrath said:

Because someone mentioned in the thread that because of something said in the stream that they have to get approval from  lucasfilm that Battlefront cannot be used as a source so no Iden Versio , my own point was that Iden Versio had been in approved media 

Fair enough I guess...I do not know what approved media or stream you are relating to. Above you may find two images of original Lucasarts approved Battlefront game covers from 2004 and 2005 in which you could pilot the Saber tank - the TX 130 I believe...the same one FFG recently announced for the clone wars Star Wars: Legion game. 170 points which seems like a good point cost for the abilities.

1 hour ago, GhengisharnIV said:

https://battlefront.fandom.com/wiki/TX-130_Fighter_Tank/DICE

They added it to battlefront II EA this June. (Same game iden Versio is from)

Syrath already sumed up as to why I brought it up.

43 minutes ago, ScottGilbert25 said:

I know this will not happen but what if they made commanders free. I guess I want this because I only play with Vader and right now list building with him is a pain sometimes.

I would guess you would have nobody to play with as you would at least need 3 core units instead of just Vader but then again, whatever floats your boat. If list building with a single mini is a pain I can see why you would want zero point value...saves doing the maths... Regardless, what do you think the current Vader should be costed at IF you HAD to apply a value? I would be happy with a 5-10 point reduction OR Saber throw as a permanent power addition.

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, azeronbloodmoone said:

Which is odd as they added her to both destiny and Armada (she might be in xwing but I don't really pay attention to that anymore)

Edited by chr335

2 hours ago, GhengisharnIV said:

Fair enough I guess...I do not know what approved media or stream you are relating to. Above you may find two images of original Lucasarts approved Battlefront game covers from 2004 and 2005 in which you could pilot the Saber tank - the TX 130 I believe...the same one FFG recently announced for the clone wars Star Wars: Legion game. 170 points which seems like a good point cost for the abilities.

The book inferno squad

The two modern Battlefront games - at least in terms of story plot, items, weapons, vehicles, uniforms etc, obviously the actual Vader vs CW Anakin fighting each other on Starkiller base stuff from multiplayer doesn't count - are part of Disneycanon. So are the novels associated with each game.

Iden Versio is as much a part of Disneycanon as Luke & Leia, FFG shouldn't have any issues including her.

1 hour ago, chr335 said:

Which is odd as they added her to both destiny and Armada (she might be in xwing but I don't really pay attention to that anymore)

She's in X-Wing too. All of Inferno Squadron is, including the one that died before Battlefront (Seyn Marana). They're actually fun to fly as a squadron, too :)