XPav

Resistance B-Wings / Y-Wings

5 hours ago, Hippie Moosen said:

So did anyone get the vibe that maybe that fleet of ISD's are all inert and were left out in space similar to the way that the Katana fleet was back in the original Thrawn trilogy? I don't think them being there is an accident, but rather something Palp left behind on the assumption that the Empire may fall and need to be rebuilt. Basically he left a cache of ships floating in space for when that day came. I also kinda got the feeling that Finn along with others found this dormant fleet, based on that shot of him and the new girl aboard some ship. That shot gives you a look out the window into space and it looks pretty similar to the background of the ISD shot. Those ISD's also aren't lit up which could be indicating that they are inactive.

I bring this up because of that shot of 3PO with red eyes. My little pet theory is that 3PO will be with Finn when they find the ISD's and that with nowhere near enough people to crew the things, 3PO will attempt to take control of the fleet from a command ship or something like that. The red is just to show that he's interfacing with the old Imperial ships. It would be a pretty good way to give the Resistance a fighting chance if they suddenly came into ownership of an entire Imperial fleet. This is all based on roughly 10 seconds of footage so feel free to tear this theory to bits, but it sounds pretty probable to me.

To sum up, Admiral C-3PO, as well as Resistance ISD's and Tie's confirmed :P 

Yeah, that seems to be exactly the case at hand here.

8 hours ago, KiraYamatoSF said:

Since there are T70s I am betting these like Lackwit mentioned, later era Rebellion era fighters from a cache. The T70 was made BEFORE the end of the Rebellion/Imperial war, so its not exactly a brand new fighter. 

This is also one group, we might yet see some more out there pirate or scummy ships. 

I do admit I wish Resistance could get more of their own ships but... at least they have more stuff now.

That's not what I meant..! I'm saying these Y-Wings and B-Wings are like the T-70s and RZ-2s.

1 hour ago, RyantheFett said:

77McJvOHJm7IyycBerLCtH2usafhOtcIhzPvismj-GI.thumb.png.62f5539305d0ee5bd260b2a907ea8271.png

So looking at options for new ships and/or pilots we got:

7 T-70s pilots. One has to be Poe and I would not be surprised if Black Squadron and Nien Numb are also in the others. No 85s, but I'll take what space combat I can get.

7 Y-wings. Based off the Lego leaks and the poster leak they will be a newer model. You can somewhat spot the longer vents and smaller engines on a few of them. Lego shows a turret closer to Clone Wars version, but in the poster and in this clip you can't really tell.

9 A-wings. So this one is strange, the picture and Lego leak makes some of them look like RZ-1s. I find it hard to think they will just throw some old ones in there while everybody else gets newer models. Maybe RZ-2s can come with straight or angled stabilizers????

6 B-wings. No leaks for this ship, but the shape looks very different from the version we got in RoTJ. Maybe its just the angle and I am wrong, but **** does it look different. Both S-foils, the main wing, and the piece connecting the cockpit to the rest of the ship all look longer and thinner. The B-wing Mark II was also used for the Resistance transport so it would be nice to connect the two ships.

These Y-Wings have smoother noses.

The A-Wings are RZ-2s. Check the original trailer.

That's a Z2  if there ever was one- in Tallie's squadron paint no less.

Those B-Wings are DEFINITELY not the same ones we're use to, either Slimmer necks, more-angled wings when closed, longer central airfoils, more pronounced engines, they're new.

And uh, that's... Probably The Tantive IV, with Leia in it.

2 hours ago, Mighty said:

https://boundingintocomics.com/2019/08/16/alleged-star-wars-the-rise-of-skywalker-leaks-reveal-how-emperor-palpatine-returns/ The original plot leak was posted on August 11 (here: https://archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/119407355/ ).  This new trailer seems to confirm some of the things mentioned/claimed there.

Wow. That's a pretty thorough breakdown. If this holds true I am way off. Interesting read for sure. Thanks for the link.

1 hour ago, Sithborg said:

On the plus side, Resistance should be able to give it a little more visual diversity. At least it looks like the FO is getting at least one completely distinct TIE, the TIE Dagger. I love the Silencer, so I might not mind a new version too much. 

Well, the silver lining for me is that:

In 1.0, my brother relentlessly beat me up with B-wings.

Moving forward, he's Seps and FO.

I'll be Resistance and Republic. 

So now I'll get to beat him up with B-wings!! 😈

1 hour ago, Sithborg said:

On the plus side, Resistance should be able to give it a little more visual diversity. At least it looks like the FO is getting at least one completely distinct TIE, the TIE Dagger. I love the Silencer, so I might not mind a new version too much. 

Well, the silver lining for me is that:

In 1.0, my brother relentlessly beat me up with B-wings.

Moving forward, he's Seps and FO.

I'll be Resistance and Republic. 

So now I'll get to beat him up with B-wings!! 😈

14 hours ago, Whalers on the moon said:

I really hope they give the B-wings some time in this one as they had to be cut from RoTJ due to the technology available at the time.  Similar fan service to when we finally got to see Y wings make a bombing run in Rogue One would be fantastic. 

I always hated that they never really gave the B-wings any real love in the remade ROTJ film.  So i agree, it would be great if they could finally give them some love here..

51 minutes ago, Force Majeure said:

This kind of gets a hair more detail out of the original pic, but whatever that ship is, it is about as big as the CR-90 Corvette next to it.

uETx4As.jpg

77McJvOHJm7IyycBerLCtH2usafhOtcIhzPvismj-GI.thumb.png.62f5539305d0ee5bd260b2a907ea8271.png

Outrider refit.

The T 85 looks a bit weird and a bit modern, or like a cartoon design like something you'd see in the resistance cartoon, JJ abrams probably prefers the design his team came up with for TFA. JJ is more of the nostalgia guy anyways, that's why we are getting the memorable silhouettes again.

By 2 cent bet is the Bwing and Ywing will be unaltered.  Resistance isn’t really in a place with dry docks and repair ships flying around.  Similar to that episodes in Rebels, find the ship and fly it.  

So in game: am guessing no changes to the frames, just different pilots. 

4 minutes ago, Ccwebb said:

By 2 cent bet is the Bwing and Ywing will be unaltered.  Resistance isn’t really in a place with dry docks and repair ships flying around.  Similar to that episodes in Rebels, find the ship and fly it.  

Well, if these are later model B-wings and Y-wings, I can see them having slightly different dials if only to differentiate them from the Rebellion flavored ships. Well, maybe not the Y-wing as that already has 3 versions that are identical.

Wonder what they'll call the B-wing mk II's s-foil card...

27 minutes ago, Kehl_Aecea said:

Well, if these are later model B-wings and Y-wings, I can see them having slightly different dials if only to differentiate them from the Rebellion flavored ships. Well, maybe not the Y-wing as that already has 3 versions that are identical.

The BTL-B is different (1 banks are white instead of blue)

10 hours ago, LTuser said:

Not from how i saw that clip..  Maybe its a Marauder corvette..??

Actually no similarity. How?

1 hour ago, Force Majeure said:

Can you imagine Y's and B's with a Tech slot?

Advanced Optics alone would be pretty cool on these two guys.

Nice.

1 hour ago, Ccwebb said:

Just like the RZ-2 and T-70! /s

1 hour ago, MasterShake2 said:

The BTL-B is different (1 banks are white instead of blue)

And it's nearly crit immune.

4 hours ago, Captain Lackwit said:

Actually no similarity. How?

Nice.

Just like the RZ-2 and T-70! /s

And it's nearly crit immune.

16 minutes ago, stevenk3 said:

Except only against nattie crits. Since defender modifies first, proton torps still push crits through.

And Marksmanship and Advanced Targeting Computer and any re-rolled crits, and Static, and APTs, and Mag-Pulse, and...

It's a cool little ability but it's nowhere near crit-immune.

Edited by ClassicalMoser