Sign in to follow this  
player3691565

Is an SSD wife/Husband/partner friend

My wife knew it was coming and what I spend on it up front so no problems there.

Also fits in the same showcase cabin I was already storing my Armada in so no extra space needed either.

Posted (edited)

My wife's just as big a nerd as I am. Her first response was "We should play Armada again", followed by "How am I going to destroy that thing?!"

Actually, she's reminded me that her very first question was "Do you have a large enough bag to get it home or should I pick you up in the car?"

Edited by Cactus
My wife corrected me.

My wife has played Armada with me just a few times. She'll enjoy herself when she's playing, but she'd rather be playing something else. When I told her I wanted to buy an SSD her was response was response was mostly favorable, but still a large part "is it really worth that much $$$?".

When I opened the box and put it on the table her exact words were "Wow, now that is cool!" and then after looking at it and the ships cards her words were "That's not even fair". A reasonable response since she only plays as rebels.

49 minutes ago, LostFleet said:

My wife's reaction when she saw the picture of SSD was " is that thing going to live in our house?"

Since my response was "of course not, it will live in the office." there was no problem :)

It is amazing how much of my stuff lives in my office. 

3 minutes ago, player3691565 said:

Risky very risky.

23 minutes ago, Captain Mayhem said:

I bought mine at the beginning of the month....... and I haven't even told her yet. ( It's buried in the back of the closet when she's home)  I'm Doomed!

Heck of a closet that can conceal it, though.

33 minutes ago, player3691565 said:

What else is buried in there we must ask ourselves.....

It's sitting there with the rest of my Armada stuff, my X-Wing and Arkham Horror LCG. She doesn't even mess with my junk in there for fear of breaking something. (Which she already has done in the past).

20 minutes ago, The Jabbawookie said:

When the boogeyman finally gives up and admits he’s been evicted.

no, that's the perfect moment to introduce your home bogeyman to Armada!

he's bound to choose rebels, mind you (hiding in secret places, hit and run tactics....) and may have a tendency to hide your APT, but he'll surprise you with his  tactics acumen

I was showing my wife the ssd preorder on the online store I often use that had it cheaper than other places, then I realised they were sold out and was pissed off that I'd been too slow.

She then laughed and showed me she had just preordered it for me as a valentines day gift and to mess with me lol.

When it arrived I played 'aboard the executor' and waved it I front of her face and she rolled her eyes.

21 hours ago, player3691565 said:

mine was “how much did that plastic spaceship cost then” followed by “ where exactly do you think that’s going”....

That's the reason I try not to talk too much with my familiy about my Armada and Legion addic.. dedication.

But my 11-years-old daughter was really impressed and ran with the SSD through the flat making star ship noises.

Only issue for me was space (which is a valid concern since we live in a small 1 bedroom apartment).  It currently lives on top of a bookshelf.

My wife is supportive and understanding of my nerd hobbies provided I don’t go overboard, and space is always a bigger concern than cost.  

She does roll her eyes and make reference to Benny from the LEGO movie from time to time.  To the point that now when I get a box from amazon she asks “what did you buy?” And I turn to her and go “SPACESHIP!!!”