Sign in to follow this  
LUZ_TAK

Same-era factions game balance: republic vs. separatist

Greetings. With the faction proliferation and upcoming scenarios, I was wondering how much balanced or one-sided are the matches between same-era rival factions, in case of this thread, republic vs. separatist , separatist vs. republic. 

Feel free to discuss standard, epic or other scenarios and game modes.

Posted (edited)

The factions are pretty balanced, it’s moreso a matter of how many options each faction might have. Some are obviously better at certain archetypes, but good players are making all of the factions work somehow or another.

Edited by SpiderMana

1 hour ago, gamblertuba said:

I'd be surprised if this wasn't the least balanced of the three options.  I can't believe too many folks would argue that Republic isn't hands down better than the CIS.

Top 3 pilots in meta wing are Obi, Finn and Trade Federation Drone.  Combined with some pretty strong cut rates for CIS in relation to their small showings and I don't think these factions are anywhere near as far apart as you think.

I'm flying CIS at a HST today.  I'm not saying the difference is staggering.  But if you asked players which is better, I think the answer will be pretty unanimous.

CIS has the better 7-8 ship list.  Probably.  Republic is better at every other archetype.  Hilariously better at Aces.

1 hour ago, gamblertuba said:

I'm flying CIS at a HST today.  I'm not saying the difference is staggering.  But if you asked players which is better, I think the answer will be pretty unanimous.

CIS has the better 7-8 ship list.  Probably.  Republic is better at every other archetype.  Hilariously better at Aces.

But a CIS 7-8 ship beats aces, so seems fine

Posted (edited)

I mean yeah...

CiS can't be better at the archetypes it doesn't have, right?

It doesn't have "aces" or the means to field anything in the Arc's range of points. They're not meant to, because they're literally THE least conventional faction in the game

Trying to analyze them by some sort of metric standardized across the other factions is going to fail miserably. 

Just to make this clear, the Beezlebubble is NOT an Xwing/bwing/phantom w.e analog despite relative point similarities. It carries a Relay or the big G. That's its primary function. 

So you're looking at a faction with a point range of

19-24ish (vulture)

35ish ('yena, specifically DRK tubs, boron baktoids, and flavors of 404)

You get one beeble in the low- mid forties; low-mid fifties

And then the Sith comes lumbering in at at least 75 or something

Basically, there's no parallel for anything between the Arc and r2, Delta-O-B. There might never be.

The Nantex sure as **** ain't gonna parallel anything either...

Tl;Dr: CiS is ******* weird; not so easy to evaluate

Edited by ficklegreendice

Posted (edited)

Ah struts, 

Now that they're 1 and not 4(!!!) points, they can proudly take their place as a faction defining piece

And they're ******* wonderful!

CiS is, in a nutshell,

*Networked Calculations

*ESCs

*Struts

*Drk a-derp Probes

Plus relays and Sith for seasoning 

They're what literally makes the faction completely distinct from everyone else (until the Nantex arrives ofc). Just don't see a lotta buzzdroids. Probably too much beef to go through 

Edited by ficklegreendice

Having flown a lot of Republic, and a lot of CIS, I feel like Republic has far more options, but CIS has the stronger archetypes overall.

As someone who beat a Republic Aces list 200-20 for the win at a small tournament today, with a Separatist swarm, and lost to many of the same lists that I beat today with my Republic lists, they're in a pretty fair balance against each other, with a slight edge towards Separatist.