player3691565

Is armada dead

1 minute ago, FatherTurin said:

Man, I sometimes wonder if that guy regrets freaking out and selling off his collection.

Then I lol.

I never understood the whole thing there. But at the same time. I honestly dont care because anyone who sells off their entire collection because... what new content wasnt out yet?

My dad has an entire battalion of Valhallan models for 40k. I dont even remember the last time they released Valhallans. He could play a guard army from 3-8th ed. With what he has.

My dad has a Bretonnian army. I dont even remember the last time they MADE those models. He keeps it because he loved those models and still plays 7th WFB (I do to, with 300+ Night Goblins) Like, dude. I am building a Numenorian Army for Middle Earth, last release they had was when the game came out... in what, 2001? Days since last release: ~6,570

36 minutes ago, Forresto said:

He gave up his collection because they weren’t announcing new releases?

What a dope.

He clearly didn’t enjoy the game for the beautiful models or the game in general.

Eventually they will stop making Armada, and i’ll be fine because I can still play the game with what I have.

It wasn’t just no new ships, it was...oh jeez, pick one:

Rhymer balls being broken and the game is unplayable.

Flotillas being broken and the game is unplayable.

Squadrons in general being broken and the game is unplayable.

Insert ship/upgrade is broken and the game is unplayable.

Sensing a theme?  I think the guy was just annoyed that he couldn’t run 2 ISDs loaded with upgrades, no support and no squadrons without getting slapped around something fierce.

5 hours ago, FatherTurin said:

It wasn’t just no new ships, it was...oh jeez, pick one:

Rhymer balls being broken and the game is unplayable.

Flotillas being broken and the game is unplayable.

Squadrons in general being broken and the game is unplayable.

Insert ship/upgrade is broken and the game is unplayable.

Sensing a theme?  I think the guy was just annoyed that he couldn’t run 2 ISDs loaded with upgrades, no support and no squadrons without getting slapped around something fierce.

You are thinking of AllWingsStandingBy. Nelson quit when pre flotillas because Ackbar was too powerful. Maybe when the mc30 was announced. 

18 minutes ago, Ginkapo said:

You are thinking of AllWingsStandingBy. Nelson quit when pre flotillas because Ackbar was too powerful. Maybe when the mc30 was announced. 

Nope, he quit when flotillas were announced. One of his arguments was that they are no proper Armada expansions, because they will be so weak that no one will incorporate them in their fleets... 🤣

On 8/24/2019 at 4:55 AM, Ginkapo said:

On 8/24/2019 at 5:16 AM, Darth Veggie said:

Nope, he quit when flotillas were announced. One of his arguments was that they are no proper Armada expansions, because they will be so weak that no one will incorporate them in their fleets... 🤣

On 8/24/2019 at 6:57 AM, mcworrell said:

I think he quit because of flotillas. After all the wait and they announced two little ships.

And somethings that should not have been forgotten were lost.  

History became legend.  Legend became myth.

Edited by FatherTurin