Sign in to follow this  
Mimi61

Other Investigators for Dreamlands?

5 hours ago, Allonym said:

FFG really needs to give us a new article; look what happens when we go without new information for an entire week!

Having said that, a slow descent into insanity is very on-brand.

It occurs to me that some of you live out of town.  It's a long weekend her in the states as Monday is Memorial Day (which is somehow different from Veterans Day (which is what they renamed Armistice Day after World War II)).

So when nothing of note happens on Monday, that's why.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Allonym said:

FFG really needs to give us a new article; look what happens when we go without new information for an entire week!

Having said that, a slow descent into insanity is very on-brand.

I’ll take a mental trauma if I can play the Guardian Penguin. 

Edited by Mimi61

50 minutes ago, Duciris said:

It's a long weekend her in the states as Monday is Memorial Day (which is somehow different from Veterans Day (which is what they renamed Armistice Day after World War II)).

The official difference is that Memorial Day honors soldiers who died in battle, while Veteran's Day honors the ones who came back. Historically, Memorial Day commemorated the Civil War (which is why it's in May*, as that's when the war officially ended), while Armistice Day commemorated WWI. It's just that America kept getting into wars, so Memorial Day got expanded, and Armistice Day got renamed Veteran's Day to be less pacifistic.

*You may note that next Monday is not May. That's because it isn't actually Memorial Day. It's Labor Day, the day when we all get together and celebrate the successes of labor unions. Unlike Memorial and Armistice Veteran's Day, its meaning hasn't been altered over the years, because nobody actually cares about Labor Day.

6 minutes ago, rsdockery said:

The official difference is that Memorial Day honors soldiers who died in battle, while Veteran's Day honors the ones who came back. Historically, Memorial Day commemorated the Civil War (which is why it's in May*, as that's when the war officially ended), while Armistice Day commemorated WWI. It's just that America kept getting into wars, so Memorial Day got expanded, and Armistice Day got renamed Veteran's Day to be less pacifistic.

*You may note that next Monday is not May. That's because it isn't actually Memorial Day. It's Labor Day, the day when we all get together and celebrate the successes of labor unions. Unlike Memorial and Armistice Veteran's Day, its meaning hasn't been altered over the years, because nobody actually cares about Labor Day.

Hahaha.  You are 100% correct.  I can't keep those 2 straight and never know when I'm supposed to where white!

Posted (edited)

WHoa, check it out, found some spoilers.

That deckbuilding seems legit for the whole pack!

It has 2 weaknesses but that ability is crazy! Talk about balance huh!? Also first time a guardian character cannot take Guard dog specifically!

Really excited for this dood!

Broken-eggs.-Front-Face.jpg

Detective.-Penguin-Back-Face.jpg

Detective.-Penguin-Front-Face.jpg

Killer-whale!-Front-Face.jpg

Edited by tsuruki

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, tsuruki said:

WHoa, check it out, found some spoilers.

That deckbuilding seems legit for the whole pack!

It has 2 weaknesses but that ability is crazy! Talk about balance huh!? Also first time a guardian character cannot take Guard dog specifically!

Really excited for this dood!

This really is very eggciting! 

Poor Lily, she is staying on the shelf for another cycle, but who wouldn’t want Detective Penguin with them in the Dreamlands?  He’s so thematic. The question that remains is wether or not his weakness can fit through the gate box. 

Plus, the art is stunning.

Edited by Mimi61

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2019/9/5/more-than-meets-the-eye/

ahc37_card_tommy-muldoon1.png

ahc37_card_becky.pngahc37_card_rookie-mistake.png

On ‎8‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 8:57 AM, Duciris said:

I can't image Tommy not being a Guardian.  "Becky" will be his sig card & Rookie Mistake will most likely be his sig weakness.  The former is a two-handed gun, the later may deal damage to himself and any investigators at his location.

I've never been so right!  His signature weakness is better (read: more terrible) than I was expecting!

ahc37_card_patrice-hathaway1.png

ahc37_card_patrices-violin.pngahc37_card_watcher-from-another-dimensio

Tommy seems really strong.  Though we don't know his deck building rules.  Patrice seems like she's another investigator that will require a very specific deck like Preston and Calvin.  Her stat line is bad, but maybe she can make up for it with all that card draw.  Also if she has mystic in her deck building options then all she needs is that Will anyway.

1 hour ago, phillos said:

Tommy seems really strong.  Though we don't know his deck building rules.

We know he's a Guardian, and that's frankly enough. He could be straight Guardian/Neutral 0-5, and he'd still be getting full refunds on some of the best soaks in the game outside of Peter Sylvestre. At high levels, he's well set to afford Agency Backup and can turn RGM into a very good economy card just by playing him for soak.

Tommy seems pretty incredible.  The vast majority of allies are at least neutral in their cost/soak, and True Grit/Something Worth Fighting For pay themselves back fully.  The weakness will change how you play your soak cards, making it more advantageous to focus into a single rather than spreading it all out.  But hey, you get paid for that too.

On 8/30/2019 at 2:19 PM, Mimi61 said:

There is actually a bit of AH news. Shocking, to be sure, but Before the Black Throne is no longer in Development. Gasp! 

Except, it was only gone for a day. It is back. The circle will never be undone as long as it is in development! 

7 minutes ago, Buhallin said:

The weakness will change how you play your soak cards, making it more advantageous to focus into a single rather than spreading it all out.  But hey, you get paid for that too.

Honestly, the weakness doesn't change that much. You already want to smash open your piñatas ASAP to minimize the resource impact. Like, Something Worth Fighting For will eventually pay for itself, but until then, it's tying up your three resources. Even cards that aren't pure soak get their valuations changed. Most investigators might want to avoid assigning the last point of damage/horror to Xavier until they've got multiple enemies in one place, but for Tommy, the bounty is big enough that he's probably fine sacrificing Xavier to hit just one enemy or even whiff altogether (soaking up to 3 damage and 3 horror for the team is good enough on its own when you're spending a net zero resources), particularly since Xavier goes back into his deck afterwards.

For the most part, Rookie Mistake just means you're more hesitant to injure allies you want to keep around (like upgraded Beat Cop) while it's still in your deck.

17 minutes ago, rsdockery said:

Honestly, the weakness doesn't change that much. You already want to smash open your piñatas ASAP to minimize the resource impact. Like, Something Worth Fighting For will eventually pay for itself, but until then, it's tying up your three resources. Even cards that aren't pure soak get their valuations changed. Most investigators might want to avoid assigning the last point of damage/horror to Xavier until they've got multiple enemies in one place, but for Tommy, the bounty is big enough that he's probably fine sacrificing Xavier to hit just one enemy or even whiff altogether (soaking up to 3 damage and 3 horror for the team is good enough on its own when you're spending a net zero resources), particularly since Xavier goes back into his deck afterwards.

For the most part, Rookie Mistake just means you're more hesitant to injure allies you want to keep around (like upgraded Beat Cop) while it's still in your deck.

Outside of pure soak assets, you're going to lose a lot of utility by just smashing them down as fast as you can.  Xavier, Beat Cop, Guard Dog, etc etc are all great for picking specific times and usages.  I think in practice it's going to be harder than it seems, too - you're going to want to completely fill the sanity/damage meters to maximize the payout, that's not always going to be that convenient.

2 hours ago, phillos said:

Maybe we didn't actually play Black Throne.  Maybe we only thought we were playing it.  I wonder what we were really doing...

Such a good question. Man, I need to hurry down to the Arkham Asylum and let poor Norman know he can finally put those stupid pipes down!! 

We have been test playing all along. 

2 hours ago, phillos said:

Edited by Mimi61

I got you covered.  Next theme is R'lyeh.

Investigators:

• Trish Scarborough - Guardian
  • Mike Mcglen - Rogue
  • Amanda Sharpe - Seeker
  • Silas Marsh - Survivor
  • Jacqueline Fine - Mystic

I was so hoping we'd get a surprise Bob Jenkins this cycle.  Oh well.

Was anyone released this time around who really points to the next cycle? 

I was kind of hoping for Silas this time, pointing to an Innsmouth campaign next. And isn’t the next one going to be 6 investigators? 

A rookie mistake is not expecting a 10 foot ghoul behind you apparently.

Was anyone released this time around who really points to the next cycle? 

I was kind of hoping for Silas this time, pointing to an Innsmouth campaign next. And isn’t the next one going to be 6 investigators? 

Not really, they are all pretty generic besides Luke. Although Tony does have a deep one weakness so maybe theres your Innsmouth link. Silas would likely be released in that cycle rather than a Dreamlands one.

Edited by Sindriss

24 minutes ago, Sindriss said:

A rookie mistake is not expecting a 10 foot ghoul behind you apparently.

Not really, they are all pretty generic besides Luke. Although Tony does have a deep one weakness so maybe theres your Innsmouth link. Silas would likely be released in that cycle rather than a Dreamlands one.

I didn’t see anyone obvious either. Carolyn was a spoiler for Dreamlands, but there were 6 investigators in Circle, so they had  room to spoil! 

7 hours ago, rsdockery said:

We know he's a Guardian, and that's frankly enough. He could be straight Guardian/Neutral 0-5, and he'd still be getting full refunds on some of the best soaks in the game outside of Peter Sylvestre. At high levels, he's well set to afford Agency Backup and can turn RGM into a very good economy card just by playing him for soak.

I disagree.  if he was just 0-5 guardian, he would be a weaker mark or zoey and wouldn't be worth playing over them.  

I personally think he is guardian 0-5 and survivor 0-2.  Wild speculation because it looks like he is on the survivor card Close Call, and that sometimes means that investigator can use that card.  And if this is true, there would be a strong reason to use Tommy over Mark and Zoey.