Sign in to follow this  
Boom Owl

Are you waiting for Sun Fac to play CIS?

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Boom Owl said:

maxresdefault.jpg

lc0rdme0lu9d.jpg

This gave me a little bit of anxiety.

Worst PTW game I've ever played and still toy with on and off. I hate it. Combination of:

• Paid commodity as only way of gaining "energy"

• Paid commodity as primary way of getting loot boxes

• Loot boxes randomized ?!?!

• Obscene amounts of grind

• Obscene amounts of power creep

• Obscenely narrow meta (no matter which meta it is)

• Meta almost entirely Legends (KOTOR for the last year or so) with iconic characters barely/rarely viable in any way

Seriously how is this game supposed to be fun? It's fun because it's Star Wars, and you can squad-build, and you can customize your forces, and you can go up against enemies. But the fun pretty much ends there. It feels more like work than like a game. Just the idea of paying real money for something and not knowing what you'll get or how much of it is completely ridiculous. To be competitive you have to either spend hours every day for years or else pay literal thousands of dollars to get everything (or more likely a combination of both).

How on earth EA has managed to keep the Star Wars license is entirely beyond me.

Edited by ClassicalMoser

49 minutes ago, ClassicalMoser said:

How on earth EA has managed to keep the Star Wars license is entirely beyond me.

They have massive amounts of resources and produce products that sell. EA has numerous studios under their umbrella, and while it's pretty easy to see that they mishandle most of the properties they acquire (essentially gutting the majority of their studio acquisitions) those resources and of course their profit margins likely matter more to Disney than picking a company that fans actually like. I've hated EA since they killed Ultima, but I still found myself playing Mass Effect 1-3 when they were new. People hate EA for good reason, but I'm sure most of us own at least one of their products. 

Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, DXCrazytrain said:

Took me a minute to realize this isn't about X-Wing, but I'll answer it like it is. I already fly CIS and I'll definitely be flying Sun Fac when the Nantex comes out.

Nah, it HAS to be about X-Wing, or the OP would have judiciously placed it in the "off-topic" section, where it would then belong.  Since it's not there, it MUST be about X-Wing, and any evidence you might have to the contrary is clearly erroneous. :)

Edited by direweasel

Lol. just realized I forgot to answer OP's question :P 

One new pilot isn't really a draw to any particular faction for me. I'm not a tournament grinder, just a casual fan. I gravitate towards the heroes so I play the three factions that you could call the good guys. If I were to get into another it would be Scum. I like the general feel and aesthetic of their faction best of all the more villainous options, and also just really love the design of the old Starvipers and the more recent Fang Fighters. The CIS is definitely a very interesting and unique faction in this game, with Sun Fac and his ship adding even more unique and very cool elements, but I just don't care for Clankers much.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, ClassicalMoser said:

Not a defense of EA, but Battlefront 2 is a really well rounded, fun as heck game to play now. Rough start but it is great. You may already know that but yea.

I'll keep playing CIS with the Nantex for sure.

Edited by dsul413

As a scum player the Nantex as a whole looks to scratch that "tricksy" itch for me, so yes and no. sun fac looks good, but I'd be trying them out regardless.

4 hours ago, RejjeN said:

As a scum player the Nantex as a whole looks to scratch that "tricksy" itch for me, so yes and no. sun fac looks good, but I'd be trying them out regardless.

Honestly, I feel like CIS are getting most of the love meant for the Scum faction. Sure CIS is swarmier but they are getting all the new dirty tricks. I’m hoping the mandalorian brings some new Scum goodies.  

5 hours ago, RejjeN said:

I think an I6 is just what the faction needed.