Sign in to follow this  
KCDodger

First Order loyalist reporting for duty.

4 hours ago, Biophysical said:

I dont have a good idea what the TIE/ba will cost, but I'll admit to eyeing Quickdraw/Vonreg/Midnight/TN3465 as a possible list.  3 6s and the ability for everybody to pile into TN on a key turn with no overkill consequences.

Null would be interesting too. All moving and shooting at I6+, at least through engagement 1. Then Null turns into the blocker from **** once he gets pinged.

Posted (edited)
On 8/27/2019 at 7:01 PM, Chudley said:

Well. I have officially commented my FO journey. I have purchased the Silencer. Where do I go from there? Be aware, I am going the 2nd ed route; Which means no conversion kits or Upsilons. 

I was was thinking the next ship will be another Silencer, but now I’m not so sure. Perhaps Tie/SF is a better choice. So many decision. 

One SF is a good choice, because you can make a pretty good list just with Kylo and Quickdraw. 

But, my favorite list right now is:

First Pick of the First Order

(76) Kylo Ren [TIE/vn Silencer]
(3) Hate
(4) Advanced Optics
(7) Proton Rockets

(45) "Quickdraw" [TIE/sf Fighter]
(10) Special Forces Gunner
(2) Fire-Control System
(6) Shield Upgrade
(2) Predator
(5) Pattern Analyzer

(34) "Scorch" [TIE/fo Fighter]
(2) Fanatical
(4) Advanced Optics

Total points: 200

Kylo will delete anything with Prockets, QD pulls off obscene shenanigans with her sloop-into-TL-Range 1-FCS-Predator combo, and Scorch has insanely hot dice once Fanatical activates. 

Edited by StriderZessei

1 hour ago, StriderZessei said:

One SF is a good choice, because you can make a pretty good list just with Kylo and Quickdraw. 

(3) Hate
(4) Advanced Optics
(7) Proton Rockets

(2) Fire-Control System
(6) Shield Upgrade
(2) Predator
(5) Pattern Analyzer

(2) Fanatical
(4) Advanced Optics

Kylo will delete anything with Prockets, QD pulls off obscene shenanigans with her sloop-into-TL-Range 1-FCS-Predator combo, and Scorch has insanely hot dice once Fanatical activates. 

Feels like 1 of each is a good start. Maybe a 2nd SF after those. 

1 hour ago, StriderZessei said:

(3) Hate
(4) Advanced Optics
(7) Proton Rockets

(2) Fire-Control System
(6) Shield Upgrade
(2) Predator
(5) Pattern Analyzer

(2) Fanatical
(4) Advanced Optics

I recommend Afterburners on QD because of 1) the SF has an amazing dial to make the best out of it. 2) it combos well with pattern analyzer and most important 3) been able to boost out of arc to not get shot at all is better than a shield upgrade. 

I would also consider a bid. Maybe strip Optics from Scorch. I mean he’s at 40 points which is pretty expensive for an I4 Tie.

7 hours ago, dsul413 said:

Null would be interesting too. All moving and shooting at I6+, at least through engagement 1. Then Null turns into the blocker from **** once he gets pinged.

Indeed. 3 I6 pilots and an I7 is pretty impressive. Only Vonreg really has the manoeuvrability to play 'ace' himself, but Midnight is pretty good at killing aces and Null can be surprisingly good at outflying 'better' pilots.

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Ryuneke said:

I recommend Afterburners on QD because of 1) the SF has an amazing dial to make the best out of it. 2) it combos well with pattern analyzer and most important 3) been able to boost out of arc to not get shot at all is better than a shield upgrade. 

I would also consider a bid. Maybe strip Optics from Scorch. I mean he’s at 40 points which is pretty expensive for an I4 Tie.

If I were to drop anything for a bid, it would be prockets. Scorch absolutely needs the Fanatical/AO combo to be even worth fielding. 

EDIT: Absolutely agree about Afterburners though. I'm also open to ideas about swapping Predator for Fanatical on QD, though with her shields and initiative, I think Predator is better.

Edited by StriderZessei

I've played only 5 FO lists so far, each once or twice and never in any competitive setting, but all games resulted in wins. Overall, I really like the faction and I am looking forward to the Interceptor and any other new ships coming eventually.

Here's what I tried:

- Blackout (Trick Shot, Pattern Analyzer)
- Starkiller Base Pilot (Pattern Analyzer)
- Starkiller Base Pilot (Pattern Analyzer)
198 points

- Midnight (Fanatical, Advanced Optics)
- Quickdraw (Fanatical, Fire-Control System, Special Forces Gunner, Shield Upgrade)
- Kylo (Sense)
195 points

- Null
- Longshot (Fanatical)
- Scorch (Fanatical)
- Midnight (Fanatical, Advanced Optics)
- Omega Squadron Expert (Fanatical, Special Forces Gunner)
196 points

- Quickdraw (Fanatical, Fire-Control System, Advanced Optics, Special Forces Gunner, Shield Upgrade)
- First Order Test Pilot (Fanatical, Advanced Optics)
- First Order Test Pilot (Fanatical, Advanced Optics)
197 points

- Blackout (Trick Shot, Pattern Analyzer)
- Quickdraw (Fanatical, Fire-Control System, Advanced Optics, Special Forces Gunner, Shield Upgrade)
- Backdraft (Fanatical, Fire-Control System, Advanced Optics, Special Forces Gunner)
198 points

Posted (edited)

Got two.more games in with this list. 

“Midnight” (43)
Predator (2)
Pattern Analyzer (5)
Afterburners (6)

“Scorch” (34)

“Longshot” (32)

Kylo Ren (76)
Total: 198

1st game vs Super r2a6 7b Anakin and a sense clt Mace. Longshot took a long time to bring down. Kylo flanked mace and put 3 hits into him, making him bug out of fight and let all 4 guys work on Anakin. I just tried to position scorch and longshot in positions to prevent anakins super boost. Then aim midnight and kylo in the general direction of anakins 4 or 5 k/straight etc. I took anakin down to 1 or 2 hull and that was game. Kylo did almost all the damage while the FOs were the obstacles.

Game 2 vs Anakin 7b regen, mace sense 7b regen, and a torrent. Longshot ate it early on a blankout. Scorch pressured mace while kylo and midnolight killed torrent and then went after anakin. Scorch got killed, then midnight switch to mace. Mace nattied hit double crit on midnight who blanked out, and it was kylo vs mace and anakin. Couldnt do it at time. Did a lot of damage, forcing all regens.

List is cool. I think im gonna try Tavson over scorch and longshot though and see what difference that makes.

Edited by wurms

1 hour ago, Stagsquad13 said:

How much of a drop off do you guys believe Blackout is from Kylo? 

The Force is very strong in this game, no doubt. But I do really like Blackout's ability and at the same initiative as Kylo, it's a valid option. Has to be flown very differently though obviously. When it triggers, his ability is pure gold. Trick Shot is stapled too. I played last night with Blackout/Backdraft/Quickdraw against a Resistance list, and Poe at range 3 through an asteroid rolls only his two regular green dice vs Blackout's four red ones... 🙂

9 minutes ago, admat said:

The Force is very strong in this game, no doubt. But I do really like Blackout's ability and at the same initiative as Kylo, it's a valid option. Has to be flown very differently though obviously. When it triggers, his ability is pure gold. Trick Shot is stapled too. I played last night with Blackout/Backdraft/Quickdraw against a Resistance list, and Poe at range 3 through an asteroid rolls only his two regular green dice vs Blackout's four red ones... 🙂

I actually like Outmanoeuvre on him. Similar effect to trick shot except it triggers more frequently. 

Force is amazing but the slight points drop to Blackout makes me feel much happier with the composition of the rest of my squad. 

3 minutes ago, Stagsquad13 said:

I actually like Outmanoeuvre on him. Similar effect to trick shot except it triggers more frequently. 

Force is amazing but the slight points drop to Blackout makes me feel much happier with the composition of the rest of my squad. 

Very true! Makes him an even bigger threat.

Is this as good as this list can get?

FO All Stars (200/200) =====================

TIE/vn Silencer: Kylo Ren (76)

TIE/sf Fighter: "Quickdraw" (45 + 17) + Fire-Control System (2) + Pattern Analyzer (5) + Special Forces Gunner (10)

TIE/FO Fighter: "Scorch" (34)

TIE/FO Fighter: Lieutenant Rivas (28)

3 hours ago, DXCrazytrain said:

Is this as good as this list can get?

FO All Stars (200/200) =====================

TIE/vn Silencer: Kylo Ren (76)

TIE/sf Fighter: "Quickdraw" (45 + 17) + Fire-Control System (2) + Pattern Analyzer (5) + Special Forces Gunner (10)

TIE/FO Fighter: "Scorch" (34)

TIE/FO Fighter: Lieutenant Rivas (28)

It's pretty darn solid. You could buy a couple points back dropping Rivas to an Epsilon and bumping QD up to Afterburners or Shield Upgrade, but I like what you put together.

It definitely hits a different note, but I flew a variant of the Krayt's GenCon list and it is a ton of fun. Sense is really awesome, even when I forget it basically every turn.

Zeta Squadron Survivor (32)    
    Special Forces Gunner (10)    

Zeta Squadron Survivor (32)    
    Special Forces Gunner (10)       

"Scorch" (34)    

Kylo Ren (76)    
    Sense (5)    

Total: 199

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, admat said:

I like Blackout, but I think Trick Shot is doubling down too hard on an ability that's hard to consistently trigger. 

Fanatical is probably better. 

Edited by StriderZessei