Sign in to follow this  
Captain Lackwit

First Order loyalist reporting for duty.

Well. I have officially commented my FO journey. I have purchased the Silencer. Where do I go from there? Be aware, I am going the 2nd ed route; Which means no conversion kits or Upsilons. 

I was was thinking the next ship will be another Silencer, but now I’m not so sure. Perhaps Tie/SF is a better choice. So many decision. 

1 hour ago, Chudley said:

Well. I have officially commented my FO journey. I have purchased the Silencer. Where do I go from there? Be aware, I am going the 2nd ed route; Which means no conversion kits or Upsilons. 

I was was thinking the next ship will be another Silencer, but now I’m not so sure. Perhaps Tie/SF is a better choice. So many decision. 

Buy at least one FO and one SF. 

Posted (edited)
On 8/23/2019 at 5:13 PM, Captain Lackwit said:

Yeah you heard me.

I need tips on how to fly the new space facists. Got some ideas, like pairing Fanatical with Advanced Optics- really great combo.

But if my First Order squadrons are to survive, I need outside help.

Atm I am using Kylo, Blackout and Scorch. All have optics, Fanatical on the mundanes and Perception on Kylo. Perception is there to out shoot Int 5-6’s if I can possibly kill them, or if 6’s can possibly kill me. I have found I am ok with my force resource not to need Hate. 

The list comes in at 192, you will get initiative versus most Jedi builds which is meta atm. I fly Kylo and Blackout together, try and get them to tag team something, either to get them to over use force or spend tokens. Scorch is another story. 4 games in a row now his first crit has been direct hit every time. Starting to think the universe is trying to tell me something. 

I enjoy it, when to stress yourself is important, their 1 hards are amazing at the right time. 

Edited by Archangelspiv

3 hours ago, Chudley said:

Buy 5 SF! 😂

Posted (edited)

If you're messing around with a pair of silencers, don't overlook Commander Malarus.

One thing she does very well is provide an 'anvil' unit that can afford to go up the centre. Yes, all right, Tavson is great but (a) not everyone has access to the Upsilon Shuttle and (b) he does take a fair amount of damage, he can just tank it well with the Upsilon's shields and reinforce.

But Commander Malarus with a Stealth Device and Elusive comes in just shy of 50 points and is impressively tough by any standards, let alone something officially classed as 'a TIE fighter'. With 4 green dice, a one-use reroll, an evade token, and unlimited focus-to-evade modifications, she's as close as second edition gets to old-style royal guard interceptors, and can literally fly into the frontal arcs of an energy-shell vulture swarm and realistically expect to come out the other side unhurt and having eaten the entire squad's charges.

She's also initiative 5, meaning she can chop and change activation and engagement order as required with Kylo and Blackout.

She's not great in a swarm with other TIE/fo - she's incredibly tough but can't force people to shoot at her, and whilst she can get focus-and-rerolls when attacking, so can Lieutenant Rivas (for many fewer points) and Scorch and Longshot's extra dice (also for fewer points) are about as good, and she's not great in an extended solo engagement against an Ace (because she only has two charges) whilst Midnight is. But she's very good as a distraction for flankers.

Edited by Magnus Grendel

Posted (edited)

Just made top 16 in Euros using Kylo Tavson. Extremely overlooked comp, with only two ships, but surprisingly adaptable. It works wonders, and I lost the top game only due to mistakes in judgement and devastating crits coming through. Can be watched in First Earth's Youtube :)

Tavson is an anvil and Pro torps Kylo is the... other nimble anvil. You have tools for nearly everything.

PS: I played and won the XTC with Spain, but playing a different faction! Amazing week :D

Edited by Nynox

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, Nynox said:

Just made top 16 in Euros using Kylo Tavson. Extremely overlooked comp, with only two ships, but surprisingly adaptable. It works wonders, and I lost the top game only due to mistakes in judgement and devastating crits coming through. Can be watched in First Earth's Youtube :)

Tavson is an anvil and Pro torps Kylo is the... other nimble anvil. You have tools for nearly everything.

PS: I played and won the XTC with Spain, but playing a different faction! Amazing week :D

Antonio? Wow, saw the top 16 match, was definitely rooting for you! In any case, great effort making Top 16 at Euros with that list!
Definitely got intrigued by it. Was hoping to try that in upcoming casual nights.

Edited by bahourmat

2 minutes ago, bahourmat said:

Antonio? Wow, saw the top 16 match, was definitely rooting for you! In any case, great effort making Top 16 at Euros with that list!
Definitely got intrigued by it. Was hoping to try that in upcoming casual nights.

Yes, that's me! Antonio or Nino, as you please.

I encourage you to try, it's superfun to play! Snoke is the only sense we need hahah

3 hours ago, Magnus Grendel said:

But Commander Malarus with a Stealth Device and Elusive comes in just shy of 50 points and is impressively tough by any standards, let alone something officially classed as 'a TIE fighter'.

I really want to give her Lone Wolf... red moves to recharge Elusive seem awkward due to the stress stuff involved with her pilot ability.  Meanwhile, Lone Wolf helps punch up her offense if she's left alone.

1 minute ago, theBitterFig said:

I really want to give her Lone Wolf... red moves to recharge Elusive seem awkward due to the stress stuff involved with her pilot ability.  Meanwhile, Lone Wolf helps punch up her offense if she's left alone.

Not a bad call. I'm hesitant because I'm always bad at co-ordinating stuff if I can't fly it together, but if you're separating the squad up anyway, then yes; it's a couple of points more but probably well worth it since you've the use of it multiple turns in a row.

2 hours ago, Nynox said:

I encourage you to try, it's superfun to play! Snoke is the only sense we need hahah

So - Tavson/Snoke, and Kylo with Proton Torpedoes, and - what? Supernatural Reflexes? I figure you could pack in supernatural reflexes, primed thrusters and biohexacrypt codes.

Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, Magnus Grendel said:

So - Tavson/Snoke, and Kylo with Proton Torpedoes, and - what? Supernatural Reflexes? I figure you could pack in supernatural reflexes, primed thrusters and biohexacrypt codes.

Not really, but that was one of my initial ideas.

Tavson flies really heavy, with Snoke -giving me a chill flight with Kylo vs 6s- and Phasma. Also with advanced sensors because I use 3 gas clouds, and shield upgrade which usually is really worth it. As the cherry on top goes the biohex codes, since in my first turn I always bump kylo and TL him. When there are no 6s I use Snoke for combat. Expensive but worth soft focus.

Kylo does not have room for supernatural, but he comes with hate and optics to favor some aggressive exchanges in addition to his usual arcdodging tricks. Proton tops are great against other 5s who shot before me, since I put the condition then throw a well modded attack with a guaranteed crit.

193 points.

Tavson is the real star there xD

Edited by Nynox

6 minutes ago, Nynox said:

Not really, but that was one of my initial ideas.

Tavson flies really heavy, with Snoke -giving me a chill flying with Kylo vs 6s- and Phasma. Also with advanced sensors because I use 3 gas clouds, and shield upgrade which usually is really worth it. As the cherry on top goes the biohex codes, since in my first turn I always bump kylo and TL him. When there are no 6s I use Snoke for combat. Expensive but worth soft focus.

Kylo does not have room for supernatural, but he comes with hate and optics to favor some aggressive exchanges in addition to his usual arcdodging tricks. Proton tops are great against other 5s who shot before me, since I put the condition then throw a well modded attack with a guaranteed crit.

193 points.

Tavson is the real star there xD

Great run! Watched your stream game and thought you were very unlucky!

I love the idea behind your list and I’d completely forgotten about Snoke. I’m a little worried about flying just 2 ships but I’m now wondering whether I could do Blackout and QuickDraw with a Snoke Upsilon 

Posted (edited)

I had planned on also only buying second edition FO ships, I bought into the faction pretty much just to play the QD plus to FO test pilots.

BUT Amazon has the Force Awakens starter kit and the FO conversion kit for ~$21 each.  This is essentially the same as buying two tie/FOs plus it comes with all the weird rocks I had traded away and an extra T-70 model to give a mediocre paint job. 

Edited by Whalers on the moon

4 hours ago, Whalers on the moon said:

I had planned on also only buying second edition FO ships, I bought into the faction pretty much just to play the QD plus to FO test pilots.

BUT Amazon has the Force Awakens starter kit and the FO conversion kit for ~$21 each.  This is essentially the same as buying two tie/FOs plus you get a T-70, all the weird rocks I had traded away and an extra T-70 model to give a mediocre paint job to. 

A Silencer, an SF, and two FOs makes a solid list, and it lets you sample all the available 2.0 ships, so if you find you like one type a lot you can expand from there.  

Kylo, Quickdraw, Scorch, and Lt. Rivas is a solid group with a few points leftover for upgrades.

37 minutes ago, Biophysical said:

A Silencer, an SF, and two FOs makes a solid list, and it lets you sample all the available 2.0 ships, so if you find you like one type a lot you can expand from there.  

Kylo, Quickdraw, Scorch, and Lt. Rivas is a solid group with a few points leftover for upgrades.

Something like this?

Kylo QD 2FO (200/200) ====================

TIE/vn Silencer: Kylo Ren (76)

TIE/sf Fighter: "Quickdraw" (45 + 17) + Lone Wolf (5) + Fire-Control System (2) + Special Forces Gunner (10)

TIE/FO Fighter: "Scorch" (34)

TIE/FO Fighter: Lieutenant Rivas (28)

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, DXCrazytrain said:

Something like this?

TIE/sf Fighter: "Quickdraw" (45 + 17) + Lone Wolf (5) + Fire-Control System (2) + Special Forces Gunner (10)

TIE/FO Fighter: "Scorch" (34)

I find that Quickdraw is often too much in the mix to use Lone Wolf, but basically that, yeah.  You get those 5 points in 1 or two EPTs for Quickdraw and Scorch.

Edited by Biophysical

6 minutes ago, Biophysical said:

I find that Quickdraw is often too much in the mix to use Lone Wolf, but basically that, yeah.  You get those 5 points in 1 or two EPTs for Quickdraw and Scorch.

Revision.

TIE/sf Fighter: "Quickdraw" (45 + 20) + Elusive (3) + Fire-Control System (2) + Pattern Analyzer (5) + Special Forces Gunner (10)

TIE/FO Fighter: "Muse" (31)

6 minutes ago, DXCrazytrain said:

Revision.

TIE/sf Fighter: "Quickdraw" (45 + 20) + Elusive (3) + Fire-Control System (2) + Pattern Analyzer (5) + Special Forces Gunner (10)

TIE/FO Fighter: "Muse" (31)

I think Scorch is the first FO you add, but there's no reason not to just try stuff out.

2 minutes ago, Biophysical said:

I think Scorch is the first FO you add, but there's no reason not to just try stuff out.

Indeed. The TIE/fo uniques don't play that well with one another, but they're great at supporting bigger ships.

With Quickdraw (who desperately wants lots of offensive modifiers to support her double-tap attacks) and Kylo (who has I'll Show You The Dark Side up his sleeve) don't underestimate TN-3465. She's a cheap, low initiative blocker you can 'burn' to turn any result on an attack targeting someone near her into an automatic critical.

21 minutes ago, Biophysical said:

Agreed, if I had the points I would upgrade Rivas to Scorch. What I like here is that Muse makes QD a pseudo tanky knife fighter. Both just do 1 hards for days. 

1 hour ago, Magnus Grendel said:

Indeed. The TIE/fo uniques don't play that well with one another, but they're great at supporting bigger ships.

With Quickdraw (who desperately wants lots of offensive modifiers to support her double-tap attacks) and Kylo (who has I'll Show You The Dark Side up his sleeve) don't underestimate TN-3465. She's a cheap, low initiative blocker you can 'burn' to turn any result on an attack targeting someone near her into an automatic critical.

I dont have a good idea what the TIE/ba will cost, but I'll admit to eyeing Quickdraw/Vonreg/Midnight/TN3465 as a possible list.  3 6s and the ability for everybody to pile into TN on a key turn with no overkill consequences.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Biophysical said:

I dont have a good idea what the TIE/ba will cost, but I'll admit to eyeing Quickdraw/Vonreg/Midnight/TN3465 as a possible list.  3 6s and the ability for everybody to pile into TN on a key turn with no overkill consequences.

I am going 62-65 for Vonreg. My only reasoning is Fenn is 68 and is ability wise a touch better overall imo, ship and pilot that is. Dial wise, I think the /ba is better though. I am very much looking forward to flying this ship, will try Outmanoeuvre, but it could end up making him just too expensive. 2 hits and it’s half points...

I like the FO 6’s idea. Resistance 5’s can suck it 🙂

Edited by Archangelspiv