Sign in to follow this  
Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun

The Halcyon

I like it. A lot, really. Design is clearly inspired by the cr-90, but it doesn’t just look like a bigger version of it with more gribblies.

Those rows of deck lighting midships give it a very cruise ship vibe.

Assuming that falcon is to the same scale, it miiight be doable as a huge ship in x-Wing. I’d buy one.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Magnus Grendel said:

Honestly, to me it looks like a bigger, slightly shinier successor to the CR-90 series.

Yeah, its definitely got the feeling of Corellian engineering  with sleeker lines which is appropriate for a ship developed around 30 years after the CR-90's.

Anyone know if there is a direct relation between Corellia and Chandrila? Maybe they just headhunted some of their engineers :P

Edited by kris40k

5 hours ago, Forgottenlore said:

I like it. A lot, really. Design is clearly inspired by the cr-90, but it doesn’t just look like a bigger version of it with more gribblies.

Those rows of deck lighting midships give it a very cruise ship vibe.

Assuming that falcon is to the same scale, it miiight be doable as a huge ship in x-Wing. I’d buy one.

Cool ship. According to the info plaque under the image, these are to scale. In that case, the Halcyon would be about 250m long which would make the model a bit over 21" (about 55cm) long at huge ship scale.

11 hours ago, Schu81 said:

Okay...annnnd whats this? What does it do? Where is it from?

Starcruisers tend to be unarmed or very lightly armed civilian ships.

8 hours ago, Forgottenlore said:

5bxyt41f64i31.jpg

You'd need to play on a gym floor. Using the Falcon for scaling estimate, an X-Wing scaled (roughly 1/270) Halcyon would be over 3' long.

39 minutes ago, SabineKey said:

Does this make Finn Ruby Rhod or Father Cornelius?

Jar Jar meets them on the transport, Finn stows away.

48 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

Okay, Disney's new hotel. Interesting and most likely way outside my family's budget.

I shudder to think of what rooms in this hotel are going to cost or how hard it will be to book for years after opening.  It does sound awesome and it will appeal to the full range of Star Wars fans.  I'll be interested to see what the end product actually looks like.

"This first-of-its-kind resort will combine luxury with complete immersion into an authentic Star Wars story. Guests’ journey through space will start when everyone departs together for a multiday Stars Wars adventure by boarding a starship alive with characters and stories that unfold all around them during a voyage through the galaxy.

At the resort, guests immediately become active citizens of the galaxy and can dress up in the proper attire. Every resort window will also have a view into space. The opportunity for immersion at this resort will also stand out among all Disney resorts around the globe, as it will be seamlessly connected to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, allowing guests a total Star Wars experience."

swh34982340-624x321.jpg

Galaxys-Edge-Hotel-Aug-2019.jpg

Star-Wars-Hotel-Room.jpg

4 minutes ago, Captain Lackwit said:

I sincerely hope you're joking.

Nope, and that's per person. If you do the larger cabin with 5 it drops down closer to 700 a night, per person. 3 nights for the experience. Basically a land locked cruise ship. Sounds fun, if the experience is done well I can see it being worth it.