Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun

LEGO Force Friday with Falcon, Y-Wing, A-Wing, and Upsilon

So we get a potential for Temmin "Snap" Wexley in an A-wing. Hopefully with a slightly different ability since his current one doesn't go all that well with the ship ability. 

The Y-wing is a curious inclusion but it makes sense from the standpoint that the Resistance is down on it's knees and scrambling for pretty much any type of starfighter. If it will see play in the game I wonder what they will do to differentiate it from the current incarnations? It would probably be a less reliable version (more red on maneuvers/actions) but with some interesting retrofits (tech/ability).

And if there is another card pack I guess we'll also see Lando in the Resistance falcon. 

3 minutes ago, Lyynark said:

So we get a potential for Temmin "Snap" Wexley in an A-wing. Hopefully with a slightly different ability since his current one doesn't go all that well with the ship ability. 

The Y-wing is a curious inclusion but it makes sense from the standpoint that the Resistance is down on it's knees and scrambling for pretty much any type of starfighter. If it will see play in the game I wonder what they will do to differentiate it from the current incarnations? It would probably be a less reliable version (more red on maneuvers/actions) but with some interesting retrofits (tech/ability).

And if there is another card pack I guess we'll also see Lando in the Resistance falcon. 

As if. But if it's not cool enough looking for me, I'm gonna' run Clone Wars Y-Wings instead.

40 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

How much of those minor changes though are due to limitations of the medium used (LEGO bricks)?

True, its really hard to say.

Even if its pretty much the old Y the Resistance would like to have a cheaper bomb carrier and/or a small base one.

Also, early ships like this before the movie comes out has the risk of being a earlier design with different specifications. Silencer anybody?

I'm fine with more screen time for A-Wings. 

I'm a little disappointed in the Resistance Y-Wing and was hoping for something more New Republic or even a K-wing. (And maybe we'll still get some). I'll still enjoy some more intentional Y-Wing screen time since the only decent action shots we've got are from Rogue One, but some content from the fringe would be very welcome as well. 

I'm intrigued by the post-empire Scum Walker from the Mandolorian. 

Plenty to like with those new LEGO sets. The turbolaser set should be around $20, so should the A-Wing, the Y-Wing will probably be around $60 like the last version (give or take a little bit) but looks fun. The set with Rey and BB-8 and the troopers might not be too badly priced, too and worth getting. Some good stuff coming out...and hopefully that translates into some good stuff for X-Wing too 

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Lyynark said:

I might have to disagree here actually.  Take for example Geer Sonnel from the RZ-2 A-Wing.  Her ability is to rotate after a maneuver, which is also part of the ship ability. Snap would be able to get a boost and another action with out being stressed.

Edit: Also, his ability allows boost then barrel roll, where the stock RZ-2 can only do barrel roll boost.

Edited by FrozenPhyro
Additional Positive

Posted (edited)

Is it strange that the Falcon for ROS is back to the round dish again instead of the rectangle?

Maybe Lando felt bad for knocking it off the Falcon in ROJ and just never got around to giving Han the replacement, but now he put a round one back on for old times sake?

Edited by Echoseven

8 hours ago, DXCrazytrain said:

I never bought the first lego Upsilon because it was so poorly designed. This new one looks much more promising.

Same. However, I was really kind of hoping for them to spring for a UCS version of the Upsilon. Shrug. I may end up picking this one up because it looks imposing, but this image looks a little boxy in the front.

045.png?w=743&ssl=1

3 hours ago, MasterShake2 said:

Because Composure exists, yes, but there a ton of bad pilots in this game that don't have an EPT tailor made to make their ability better.

Really? Because in my experience Snap is a great pursuer and runner both. I really like him a lot. If you're coordinating him he's pretty scary.