Richardbuxton

Genesys Fonts on Mac

Hi everyone.

Ive installed the Genesys fonts that FFG published to Genesys Foundry on my Mac but can’t actually get the correct symbols to display. All that happens when I change a section of text to the Genesys font is a change in text style without any of the unique characters.

Has anyone else installed them on their Mac and had success displaying the correct characters?

17 hours ago, Richardbuxton said:

Hi everyone.

Ive installed the Genesys fonts that FFG published to Genesys Foundry on my Mac but can’t actually get the correct symbols to display. All that happens when I change a section of text to the Genesys font is a change in text style without any of the unique characters.

Has anyone else installed them on their Mac and had success displaying the correct characters?

I didn't know they even published a font, I'll go check!

you may try "Insert" -> "Special Characters"

under linux/libreoffice it shows only the result symbols mapped to lowercase chars, anything is mapped into private use supplement-1 (very bad idea)

whatever generated that file did a pretty bad job.

if you have fontforge (installed via homebrew) you can correct the font to your liking.

On 8/21/2019 at 8:31 PM, Richardbuxton said:

Hi everyone.

What program are you using? I spent a good deal of yesterday afternoon doing layout for my first Foundry doc and have had no issues with the provided font in Affinity Publisher on Mac.

I was trying to get away with using Pages, I have ideas to put out there but I'm trying not to commit $80AUD to a piece of software I use once and find out I'm actually not capable of producing something I'm happy with. As it is I can get the font to show by copying the glyphs from Font Book then changing the colour of the text, I guess ill have to set up some custom shortcuts to be able to enter them whilst typing rather than having to go back over it all at the end.

On 8/24/2019 at 12:42 PM, Richardbuxton said:

I was trying to get away with using Pages, I have ideas to put out there but I'm trying not to commit $80AUD to a piece of software I use once and find out I'm actually not capable of producing something I'm happy with. As it is I can get the font to show by copying the glyphs from Font Book then changing the colour of the text, I guess ill have to set up some custom shortcuts to be able to enter them whilst typing rather than having to go back over it all at the end.

free alternatives:

Libreoffice (i use it on mac at work) https://www.libreoffice.org/download/download/?type=mac-x86_64&version=6.2.3&lang=en-US

Scribus https://www.scribus.net/downloads/stable-branch/

On 8/24/2019 at 12:20 PM, Richardbuxton said:

Ok, so i can copy the font images from Font Book into a document, is that how i need to enter them into the document? at the end replace every <S> with :success~1:

the symbols in my adjusted font are mapped to characters