Hiemfire

X-Wing FFG Stream TODAY Aug 22 2019

Posted (edited)

Centered on the multiplayer (3-8 people) aspect of Epic according to the article. Stream is at 1pm Central Time.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2019/8/2/ffg-live-in-august/

Edit: YouTube Link to the Stream, thumbnail is wrong. Twitch link is in the article itself.

Edited by Hiemfire

36 minutes ago, Pa Weasley said:

Crossing my fingers for an unannounced and unlikely Republic Y-Wing preview to get slipped into the stream. 

I wouldn't be surprised to see them play with a few of the new items like the Nantex or Y-Wing along with the new sculpt of the Ghost just to show things off a bit. 

10 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

Stream Up!!!! They're playing "Aces High". Looks allot like Furball. :) 

I’m highly disappointed in this.

I wanted to see a thematic mission or something with new epic content. This is just the formalized version of a game we’ve all been playing homebrew of for a while.

And they didn’t even bother to use it as an opportunity to show us any new content.

8 minutes ago, ScummyRebel said:

I wanted to see a thematic mission or something with new epic content. This is just the formalized version of a game we’ve all been playing homebrew of for a while.

And they didn’t even bother to use it as an opportunity to show us any new content.

Oh well. The world keeps spinning. 

To be fair, this is an FFG stream we are talking about. So everyone should have expected nothing. That way your not disappointed.

10 minutes ago, ScummyRebel said:

We haven’t ALL been playing this way. I only get to play on locals night, and there’s been no desire there to homebrew things. 

9 minutes ago, ClassicalMoser said:

We're really not seeing anything new. No huge ships, no wing tool, etc. I hoped we'd get at least something new. This is very much like something that already exists. It's just a furball with a respawn mechanic based on the escalation gates from the core set.

Agreed - there’s nothing to see here. It’s fine that it was a scenario in the box to give some players an official way to do what’s already been done by many.

But it was a pretty lame idea to showcase it the way they did - I turned it off already. No new content, no cool missions, nothing of note. I’m out. Hoping for the other ten missions in the box to be good.

9 minutes ago, GreenDragoon said:

What is wrong with you people?

Why would FFG continue with these streams if everyone reacted like you guys?!

Feedback to improve? They’ve had other good streams before.... just this one was a resounding miss.

If they can’t do streams because they made a mistake once and got called on it, then that is their problem, not mine. I won’t be a “yes man”, but I will be fair. I don’t think it’s unreasonable to want something new that drives hype for a product in the preview live stream.

I do plan on catching the next keyforge one that has new set decks in it. This one just doesn’t do it.

Posted (edited)

If a ship in a wing bumps, they instead attempt to execute the maneuver on the wing leader's dial, and then they're not in the wing anymore. Ships can join or leave a wing over the course of the game!

Ships can also voluntarily leave a wing. If a ship is at R1 of a wing leader, you can rejoin the wing, just snapping into position, which is SWEET.

Edited by ClassicalMoser